Everything at this hotel is top knotch. Researched resorts for weeks and ultimately found this gem. They dont nickle and dime you on your room experience like some of the other ones we considered. All suites are ocean view and awesome. The girlfriend and I booked a 5 night all inclusive king 1 bedroom on the 7th floor. The view and balcony was great. We are in our late 20's so we didn't have to hear the timeshare pitch, they apparently only hit you with this if you are over 33. Ulysses the pool bartender was great, and Juan the activity guy pretty awesome.
Not really complaints considering how awesome this trip was, more of advice:
-don't exchange your money at the airport. I did $100 to take care of the cab, and you end up getting screwed out of $20. The hotel or town is you best bet and the cab stands from the airport take us or Canadian currency.
-we arrived at 3:30pm and weren't offered champagne or towels like other guests have said. They were more concerned about needing our confirmation number, which was packed away in our bags they took when we arrived. We took 3 flights to arrive at PVR, and couldn't really relax until we got to the room. Our butler was cool , but was showing us how to turn on lights and use the tv remote, turtorials we didn't need after the long trip to get there. We tipped him well to leave and didn't hear much from him after our first day.
-we were given 1200.00 pesos in resort credits to use at the resort as part of our package. Problem was they couldn't be applied to anything we did. All 1200 pesos went in the trash.
-we did a couples massage on the beach. Great experience but not an awesome spa. No showers or hot tubes. Make sure to shower after the massage, we made the mistake of going in the pool right after. Massage oil and sun don't get along.
-they block out food service from 11:30-12, if you plan on grabbing a bite to eat before you head to the airport, eat before 11. We tried grabbing some sandwiches, right at the 12 checkout our names were on the blacklist. Ended up eating at the airport, which sucked.
All and all the entire experience was still awesome. Take advantage of your balcony, we had breakfast setup almost every morning overlooking the ocean. Salmon bagels are the best. Great way to start your day and well worth the 10% service charge and tip. Also try and grab a day bed at the adult pool for a day.
We will definitely recommend and stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta