So many good things to say about the Sunset Plaza. Upon arrival we were offered a cold glass of sparkling wine and I had a 5 min massage. We travelled with our 8 and 11 year old daughters and our biggest concerns were put to rest immediately. The beach was definitely big enough especially when we are the only ones out there. I was also worried that there would not be enough to do for the kids but they still enjoyed visiting the Kids Club for the 10:00 craft time, and my older daughter enjoyed playing beach volleyball. I had a 5 min massage almost daily, and in the early afternoon they offered each guest an ice cold cloth scented with anise. These little things push it above 4 star. Anyone who has stayed at a PV 4 star would understand why this resort is a 5.
The room was awesome and having a 2nd bathroom when there are 4 people is very rare. The master bathroom was very well appointed with a huge shower and separte jacuzzi. The bed was super comfortable - the best bed we have ever encountered in all of Mexico. We did not use the kitchen although it is stocked with wine glasses, pots and pans, dishes. No salt or pepper though - you would need to bring/buy everything.
The tide came up pretty good a couple of mornings but by afternoon there was plenty of room. It certainly made for some interesting wave watching.
Lots of talk on Trip Advisor about the nightlife. We had asked at the front desk about when would it be Mexican night and Javier himself said there is no Mexican night, only Mexican menu. So to our surprise, we stumbled upon a couple of nights where there were amazing Mayan tribal dancers and a 5 piece mariachi that we thought was very good. We also enjoyed the trio in the lounge a couple of nights. Some folks have written in to say the lounge was sad and boring, but I would disagree. Finding a quiet lounge and a trio/quartet is right up our alley and so listening to 'Girl from Impanema' while sipping a cold sparkling wine suited us just fine - and there were 20 other people in the lounge that night as well. They even open the kids club at 9 pm so parents can enjoy the evening and not be locked in the room. I suggested to the staff that a poster in the elevator featuring tonights entertainment would be a great idea, or you would have to ask daily. I can see the effort they are making with the night life and I would personally enjoy more of that if only I knew about it.
Food and bar was quite good, and they were very good to the children. They enjoyed chocolate icecream and banana smoothies at the swim up bar. The breakfasts were awesome, truly wonderful. The kids loved their french toast and pancakes and we liked the Northern Burrito. If you want some kick for breakast order the Salsa Rojo - very authentic. Lots of people drinking 'green juice' which is cactus, pineapple andd celery. I enjoyed Mojito's and sangria most days.
We will go back, we have great memories and I am very happy to report this resort will not dissappoint!
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.