NO TIME SHARE PRESSURE! REALLY NICE HOTEL! GO NOW!
Posted January 30, 2013
NO time share pressure. Personable and efficient staff. Great junior suite. Lots of maid service!!Few families with kids or drunken parties - yes!!
All-inclusive too expensive and not enough restaurants for 14 days. I only had one meal in one of them but the food wasn't great though staff was.
IN hotel zone, about a mile and a half to the beginning of Puerto Vallarta proper. Easy to get local buses or taxis. Seemed safe and pretty quiet.
Best of all, there was virtually NO time-share pressure. The question wasn't even raised for a few days and then I was offered a half-price all-inclusive deal if I attended a time share presentation. It was easy to evade as I told them I wouldn't be able to make a decision without my husband being there(!) and because I'd decided against the all-inclusive anyway as being too expensive @ $92-ish per day. I had one meal which wasn't great and there are only 2 or 3 restaurants so I decided not to bother. They accepted this easily and that was that.
The common parts of the hotel & pools, etc. are very new and modern. My junior suite was huge & luxurious. Marble bathrooms, jacuzzi spa, double balcony with ocean view and loungers on the balcony. Good, really well-stocked kitchen, with granite (I think) counters. There was a blender, saucepans, large refrigerator, ice service, crockery, cutlery, detergent, dishtowels, etc. The maids would wash the dishes and leave them to dry, but, mysteriously, didn't put them away the next day but just piled the next day's dishes to dry on top of the previous day's dry ones. I figured it was one of those Mexican mysteries I wouldn't get to the bottom of!
The bellboys and butlers, Roberto, Juan, & Manuel, and the maids, Adelaide, Adele, and Seguro were all charming, hard-working, and very considerate and friendly, made me feel very welcome and at home. They even let me practise my rather intermediate Spanish on them!
Share this hotel:
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta