I arrived at the hotel a day late after a nightmare of flights with Air Canada. First I'd like to point out that I was not charged for missing the previous night even though it was cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. Second, I was greeted by name by the most amazing manager ever. He asked how I was, and I lost it, I was in tears since I was so stressed out with the flights and then the airline losing my luggage. He comforted me and told me he'd help me figure out the luggage issue. He got me all checked in, and introduced me to my butler Juan, who was amazing. He took me to my room, showed me everything and left me to settle in a bit. I asked Juan how far Walmart was, and he offered to go get me whatever I needed from the store himself. What other resort does that!?!?!? However, I needed to go get a change of clothes since I had been travelling in mine for 2 days to get there. I went downstairs and Mr Garcia (manager) asked me about the luggage, if I filed a report and where the info was. I went back to my room to get the information from the airport and handed it to him. He wanted me to call from his desk so that I could find out how much I could spend and get reimbursed for (he wanted me to call from there so I wouldn't be charged for a call from my room) again, what resort does this!?!?! while on hold forever, he waited, patiently. They eventually answered my call and hung up. He called back and spoke to someone in spanish for me, explained the situation and then handed me the phone so i could get the instructions on how to get reimbursed. HE IS AMAZING! We found out my luggage would be arriving the next day, and he personally offered to bring it to me in the hospital where I would be the following day. Again, what resort does this!?!?!? I could go on and on and on about this resort. You are greeted by staff in passing, they always ask if they can get anything for you, they open the doors for you... just fantastic service! My butler, Juan, was also fantastic! I asked him to be my butler again when I returned from the hospital later that week. The customer service at this resort has exceeded any and all expectation I could have ever had. I was back later that week and will post a second review for that stay, however, I have already started planning a return trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta