This was our first time at Mexican All Inclusive resort. The Sunset Plaza was a wonderful first experience and we would highly recomend that hotel. The accomodation was very comfortable, very modern and clean. The staff is usually very attentive (although they can be busy during rush meal hours). This seems to be a smaller resort in comparison to others and we much enjoyed the feeling of not having over-crowded pools, restaurant and beach area. We found the food to be delicious with just the right size servings; we especially loved having the poolside/swim up bar lunches.
There were activities daily, from stretching/yoga first thing in the morning, to volleyball, cooking classes and blackjack. There is also a very nice gym in the middle of the resort. We tried the massage at the Spa (as a couple) and we both agreed that this was one of the best we had. We would highly recommend it the ZenSet massage, which comes with a facial. The deli restaurant is a little hidden spot, but we really enjoyed their sandwiches and desserts, too bad they don't seem to get the same patronage as the other restaurants.
We loved the location of the hotel which is about a 45 minutes walk to the Malecon and downtown (or a US$0.50 bus ride...). Every room seems to have an ocean view with a balcony, giving the chance to enjoy beautiful sunsets.
I have just read another reviewer's comment regarding the air conditioner units on the North side of the building. We were on the 6th floor and didn't find the noise overwhelming, although it is noticeable. So I would echo his comment that you should keep that in mind.
As a parting note, I would highly recommend trying a Spanish or Mexican (with Tequila) cafe at Luciano. It is extremelly tasty and the "flambee" show is really worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta