The reviews are all true but there were some disappointments. I booked this place for our honeymoon and the web site states they include several nice perks if it is a honeymoon trip. Now my husband and I are in our late 50's but this was every bit a romantic experience as for any young person. We got married on a Saturday and left Sunday for PV-marriage license in tow if we needed to present it. Upon check in I mentioned we had just gotten married and were there for our honeymoon. I had asked for a high floor room long in advance and mentioned the trip was for a honeymoon in our reservation. We were given a room on the 3rd floor-there were no rose petals or anything special in the room. When we met with the concierge I asked her about the perks for a honeymoon trip. She just looked at me and said something about second honeymoons...and told me we could get a discount on a massage if we did the timeshare spiel. We declined and I just dropped it as I didn't want to ruin our trip with arguments. We never got anything special in our room-I asked for scents for the sheets-never got it. I truly felt like we were discriminated against by being an older couple and the honeymoon specials were only for first time marriages or young people. I mention this all only so someone else won't be as disappointed as I was.
That said, the rest of the experience there was just as nice as all of the other reviews have said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta