We recently spent 6 wonderful nights at the Sunset Plaza beach resort in Puerto Vallarta and I honestly can't speak highly enough about this hotel. My husband and I travel frequently and are very rarely surprised by hotels these days, but I can honestly say that this hotel continued to exceed my expectations. The entire stay was a wonderful experience beginning with the warm welcome and detailed introduction we were given by our wonderful butler Ivan. The hotel was friendly, professional and exceptionally well run.
The rooms are enormous, comfortable, clean and very modern. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and it was huge. The room had a full kitchen, large living area, huge balcony with outdoor seating, two bathrooms and a very comfortable king size bed. Anything you could want was just a phone call away to your butler who took care of everything during your stay. As an example, we spoke to our butler right at the beginning of our stay and asked whether the complimentary soft drinks in our room could be replaced by beer as we don't drink soft drinks. Within an hour, we had all the soft drinks replaced with beer and this was carried forward every day.
I want to take some time to mention the all-inclusive element of our stay here. My husband and I are not resort type people, nor have we ever stayed in an all-inclusive hotel as we usually opt to find local eateries wherever we're staying to make our experience more authentic, however as we were travelling with our 1 year old son we decided that the extra cost for all inclusive would be worth doing. We didn't hold high expectations at all so boy were we blown away by the food, drinks and the wonderful service we received from both the restaurant and pool bar. We spent most of our days by the pool and we never had an empty glass - whether it was beer, margarita or water, the wonderfully attentive waiters always ensured that we were topped up before we even had to ask for it and every dish we tried was delicious. The kitchen was also more than happy to alter things on the menu to suit our taste. For the first time ever, I felt no need to leave the resort as everything I needed was taken care of. My husband and I particularly enjoyed having our afternoon drinks and late lunch served to us in the pool bar while our baby slept comfortably on a deck chair. Every single staff member was genuinly friendly and helpful and no request was too difficult.
Javier the general manager was on site all day everyday ensuring that things ran smoothly and always made the time to say hello to us whenever we walked past. I honestly can't speak highly enough about this hotel, the staff and the wonderful experience we had during our stay here. The only down sides that I can think of are the proximity to the centre of town (45 minute walk or a 15 minute bus ride) and the beach area in front of the hotel was quite small; but neither of those aspects would prevent me from coming back or recommending this hotel to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.