“Great food, cheap beer and fun crowd” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #134 of 697 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Alaska's Diner is cozy, affordable, friendly and a favorite of the locals. Featuring Steaks, Thai Curries, Fresh Fish, Shepherds Pie, Chili Dogs and lots more comfort and different selections. Located in Old Town near the Tunnel. The slogan is Never Fast but Always Good. It really is all about the love.
Wi
“Great food, cheap beer and fun crowd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

After hearing about Alaska's on many different websites I had to give it a try. Stopped in and it is a small place with beautiful staff and friendly customers. Roger (owner) is a very friendly guy and he interacts with customers from the kitchen and out in the dining room. My dinner the first night was so good I tried to come back for Prime Rib but it was sold out well in advance. Now that tells you he does an awesome job as it is low season and he was sold out like 5 days before hand. I went on the prime rib night hoping someone didn't show and canceled but that wasn't the case so all I could do was watch and drool. it was packed and everyone was having a great time. Great ex pat place to stop in. Oh yea and the beer is real cold and very reasonable. Definitely will be on my list to stop again. If you see JR in there see if you can get him to ring the bell. :)

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, Oregon
“INCREDIBLE STEAK! UNBELIEVABLE PRICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was my third time in Alaska's Diner. I have had rib eye steak twice and the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo once. The Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo was very good, but I just have to rave about the steaks. Both times that I had them they were cooked perfectly, and the seasoning was, well, so good that we asked him what it was. He wouldn't divulge his "secret" ingredient though I will try to get it again next time.

And then the price. We paid $475 pesos (about $35.00 USD) for three steak meals and six drinks. Unbelievable!

If you are looking for a great meal. Try this place!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
La Quinta, California
“So Good We Went Twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Finally made it to Alaska's Diner, we had been trying to go for the last couple of trips but always seemed to run out of time, boy we sure have been missing out. Roger has daily specials that he posts on his web site along with a regular menu. The food is plentiful and very good, so good we went back again for dinner two days later. Erika the waitress/bartender is very friendly and efficient. Alaska's is just a fun place, friendly clientele and Roger is just a hoot, add good food with reasonable prices and you have a winner. Thanks Roger.....till we meet again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Juneau, Alaska
“Great Food & Very Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I had the steak with veggies and rice. Very good. The chef was so friendly. Good prices as well. I would definitely come here again.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Finally got the chance to visit this diner and tried the Thai curry chicken. It was delicious and my friend loved her rib eye steak. The prices were great as well! Will definitely come back!