“Amazing value and location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Catedral Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Hotel Catedral Vallarta to your Saves list
Hotel Catedral Vallarta
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hidalgo 166 Centro | Entre calles Libertad y Agustín Rodríguez, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Ranked #19 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Denver, Colorado
“Amazing value and location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This past July (2012), we went to PV for a week long vacation. We spent our first night at the Hotel Catedral Vallarta and it was perfect! It was economical, CLEAN and the staff was super friendly. Upon our arrival, the very friendly and impeccably dressed (in authentic Mexican wear) greeted us and with agua de jamaica (hibiscus-flavored water). She then brought us up to our rooms and made sure that we had everything that we needed. The room (for 2 people) was spacious and most importantly, CLEAN. The bathroom served it's purpose and I was impressed that there was hot water (not that we really needed it b/c it was extremely hot and humid there in July). Given that it was extremely hot, the AC unti (which I feared wasn't going to work well enough) did, in fact, work well (along with the ceiling fan). I was able to sleep really well, despite the heat. Not an easy feat in PV during the summer!

I have travelled all over Mexico and I was extremely impressed with their hospitality and the cleanliness of the hotel. It is not a luxurious hotel, but for the price and location, you can't go wrong. It is in the nice, older part of PV and close to the malecon. If you are looking for a relatively cheap and very clean place to stay, this is it!!!

Room Tip: They don't have an elevator and we stayed on top floor. It was nice and quiet, but if you have...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

On the 1st of Aug. I went to PV for my 25th time. As always Vallarta is a great place to visit. I stayed at the Catedral Hotel in downtown. This place is great they have just redone the rooms and made them very homey. They are not large but a good size. The beds are very comfortable along with the big flat screen TV. The staff is great with Carlos the manager were very good when I had a problem he was right there to help and get it corrected. The location is great,close to the flea market, downtown and the beach. It is real close to my one of my favorite places to eat and relax Romas with Fox and his wite they make it a home bar away from home. Great food and drinks. If you want a place that makes you feel like you are family go there. Thanks I will be back in March. Doug (UT.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I decided to make a reservation in this hotel, and was more than disappointed when I arrived there. The staff is very kind, but I think that it is the only good thing about this place...
We never saw the pillow menu, boutique aspect, etc... The hotel is old and badly-kept. Very noisy and too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Catedralpv, Owner at Hotel Catedral Vallarta, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send your review. I have to tell you, I am extremely concerned as I read your contribution. First. We do have our Pillows Menu (Available always through our front desk) your Concierge offers the 6 different types of hypo-allergenic pillows we keep for all our Guests during your arrival, (I do wonder if your arrival was overnight. please let me know ) Regarding your comments about the condition of our property, We do have a continuous and extensive Maintenance program (considering we did refurbished this 1950´s landmark) and, I would like to know which room you were assigned during your visit so I can personally inspect it. As you can see and read through TripAdvisor and many other sites where our Guests do write reviews and opinions of their experience, most of our Guests are truly happy with our property, facilities and service. But I understand that "we can not please them all", and if we did not fulfill your expectations, I will be contacting you (via e-mail) to request a second chance to revert your perception of our property. Regards, and Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Step outside to the rooftop to enjoy the most amazing and earthly views. After drinking a cafe or a drink on the rooftop, you will realize why Predator and many other movies chose this region. Head down to the beach (avoid si senor, and instead go to lido beach club) to only discover warm water temperatures and seven spectacular mountains surrounding the coast.
Hotel should reconsider its contract with si senor; reduces the initial unique mx experience after arriving at the hotel and seeing the beautiful sights, to only encounter gringo like prices and treatment at Si Senor.

• Stayed July 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place is way too cool. Two blocks from the famous cathedral, two blocks from the boardwalk and ocean and best of all, you step out of the lobby right into the shopping district.

Super clean rooms, two high speed computers with free internet,and a very friendly staff that will let you practice your Spanish. It has the perfect ambiance and location to do some immersion into the Spanish language. If you want the perfect location and the true flavor of Mexico, this is the place.

Muchos gracias Carlos!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is pretty excellent. The employees were very friendly and helpful. We specially loved the peaceful and traditional atmosphere. For sure I will recommend it to all my friends.
We saw only one thing we less appreciate: the sink inside the shower. But that didn't forbid to pass a VERY good time there!
I will come back again in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I prefere to stay in a local boutique hotels when traveling at this qualifies. From the outside it looks like nothing, but once inside it is amazing. My room was near the top and I had a view fro the courtyard of the catherdral, from my room I could see the beach and the romantic zone. Room was bigger than I expected and had everything I need including a kitchen which I didn't expect. There was only one draw back and that was poor water presser at al sinks and in the shower. Staff was helpful and friendly. I can't always say this, but I felt I received more than what I paid for.

Room Tip: no elevator, but the higher up the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Catedral Vallarta? Share your experiences!