“Perfect Resort - Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lindo Mar Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Lindo Mar Resort to your Saves list
Lindo Mar Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   K 2.5 Carretera a Barra de Navidad, Puerto Vallarta 44800, Mexico   |
Ranked #19 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Memphis
“Perfect Resort - Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

This was our third trip to PV, and our first time to stay outside of the Romantic Zone. We decided upon the Lindo Mar primarily because of the excellent snorkeling that the beach, Conchas Chinas, offers, some of the best in PV. The volcanic rock formations that the area is known for make for excellent snorkeling right off the beach, just steps away from the Lindo Mar, no tour required. This alone makes for a fantastic trip. Everything else about the resort made for the best vacation that both my wife and I have ever taken. The staff was very professional, attentive, and pleasant. The surprisingly spacious room immediately felt like home. And the view, facing out onto the Pacific, was second to none. The area is only a 5 minute cab or bus ride from the busy Romantic Zone, but the pace at Conchas Chinas is much more relaxing. PV has become our favorite vacation destination. I will never stay anywhere else but the Lindo Mar.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We exchanged one of our Maui timeshare weeks for Lindo Mar and it exceeded our expectations! There may be guests that are disappointed because the appliances are brand spanking new, but all appliances worked and the resort is very clean. The entire staff was very helpful and responded immediately to all requests. I had not expected the beach to be raked of excess shells & chaise lounges to be set out every morning, for a waiter to ask if I wanted anything from the restaurant while sitting by the pool, for the towels to be sculpted into swans, what wonderful surprises! The staff was friendly and encouraged us to try a little Spanish each day.
We ate 3 dinners at the restaurant and all 4 of us enjoyed each meal. Although the water visibility was a little less than crystal clear (I attribute it to being the rainy season) every time my husband went snorkeling right at the resort's beach, he saw at least one manta ray (swimming south). The local bus service is very dependable and the stop is less than a block from the resort, we honestly did not miss a rental car. We are already planning to exchange into this resort again !

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

This was our third rental at the Lindo Mar. We love the two bedroom deluxe unit which works well with our college age children. The master is basically a large hotel suite with its own balcony. The view just is unbeatable. We spend most of our days on the beach in front of the resort and take a quick cab or bus into town at night for dinner. Love having the kitchen to keep it stocked with breakfast/lunch items or just order from the restaurant if too lazy to leave the beach chair.

Looking forward to visit 4 next year!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

We had a wonderful time at the Lindo Mar the last week in Sept., first week in October of 2009. Our one bedroom condo on the fifth floor had a great oceanfront view. The staff (front desk, maids, security) was outstanding. Although we didn’t purchase a time share, it probably was one of the first times that we seriously considered it. The only thing we didn’t care for was that the bedroom was located near the stairwell and at night this could be a little noisy. Although the rooms are a little dated, we liked the charm of this resort. Otherwise, we loved it. We had brunch at the restaurant twice on the two Sundays we stayed and it was excellent. Although the pool was small, it was perfectly fine for a cooling dip. We spent most time at the little beach and enjoyed swimming and snorkeling. We also loved this location as we could easily take the bus to the south side where there are so many good restaurants. We also took the El Tuito bus to the Botanical Gardens and the tunnel bus to get to Wal-Mart. Rizo’s super market was a quick bus ride away for groceries. The kitchen at the Lindo Mar had a full refrigerator, stove, most dishes, pots that you would need. Our maid was the best and we made sure she had a good tip plus small items for her personal use and for her kids. This was our 30th trip to Puerto Vallarta, first time at Lindo Mar and definitely will not be the last one here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

My husband and I just returned from our 23rd yearly vacation at Lindo Mar...that's right, we've been owners for 23 years and have never, EVER traded. We started out with a 1-bedroom, traded up to a 2-bedroom, traded up to a 2-bedroom-deluxe and 13 years ago traded up to the 2-bedroom-loft penthouse on the 7th floor. It is our second home, and only wish we had more than just 2 weeks. We got home yesterday, alas! We have become close family friends with all the employees as well as with other owners who return every year just as we do, and it's been fun to watch their kids grow up over all these years. Everyone we have brought down with us has ended up buying...I'm serious. The place just sells itself...it doesn't need a hard sell. We paid to have wifi in our unit...it was great!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

I have to say I had such a good time at Lindo Mar! The people at the resort couldn't be any nicer, I thought they were incredible! Everyone tries to talk to you to say welcome and are you enjoying your stay? My maid was so nice, what a wonderful lady.
The room was a little old but way nice, and everything was cleaned daily. No cleanliness issues! The room had hand carved Mexican furniture, and pretty tile, I thought it was charming. I loved that there was a full kitchen and dining room! Plenty of room for 2 people (you could have 2 couples no problem). The beach was beautiful, the pool great! The people I talked to had been coming for years, and they loved it, they didn't think you could do better. Everyone lines up at happy hour for cocktails, it's funny!
I don't agree with the negative reviews, if you want hi tech resort you should be in town not at the Lindo Mar! Also, if you are single this place could be lonely for you as there are so many couples here. And it's not wild young people, an older clientele I would say.
This is a charming resort that has been around, it has an old fashion feel to it that appeals to me, but I would rather have a place that has some history to it, I don't like cold modern. The restaurant is delicious! The specials of the day were always really good, and the brunch buffet on the weekend is fantastic!
I really enjoyed and would come again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Lynden, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

After reading all the great reviews, I was excited about staying here. There is a some good regarding this property. BUT, there is some bad and I wish I had known it first.
Stayed for 7 nights...it was enough.
My biggest complaint is the food and drinks there. I ate 3 times at the property...breakfast...lunch...dinner. All 3 meals...totally sucked. How people can say the food is good, is beyond me. PV has so many places to eat, and I have tried many...most are awesome. This is by far, the worst food I have experienced in PV. All 3 meals...not just one. I ordered a Pina Coloda...$7..way over priced...and it was disgusting. The beer was fine...it was the only thing I ever had there that was good. But...how can you screw a bottle of beer up? I bring this up, because people have said the food is great. I had planned on hanging at the property much more...eating and drinking there. With the food being so lousy, I found myself going to town to either buy groceries and cook my own everyday, or to eat somewhere acceptable. I assure you....because of the location, this is a pain in the butt!!! Getting to and from town is expensive after a while using a taxi. The bus stop is a 2 block walk...and about a 10 minute wait...if you can get on the bus. Many times, there was no room when the bus finally arrived. I waited for a bus up to 30 minutes numerous times early in the day. It truly sucked. This is not the kind of place where you really want to run to town everyday...so make sure you want to wait for a bus forever possibly, or pay a small fortune in cab fare by the time your trip is over if you think it is no big deal.
The room itself was very nice...but needed attention. Floor tiles were chipped badly, and the air conditioning never did cool the room down enough. I complained, and they said it was fixed the best they could. Not good enough folks.
They charge for using the internet there at the property...they will tell you this when you check in....and every single stinking time you ask to use it. You would think after a week of them seeing and knowing you...and telling you every day there is a fee...they would figure out you already know this!! But no....!! That was amazingly irritating...more so how they would say it.
The beach is very nice...never saw it dirty once. BUT...I never saw where anyone mentioned that the sun does not even begin to hit it until noon?? Same thing at the pool. Forget about laying out here early...you can't! The sun hit the closest available spot at the pool at 12:25pm. I am used to starting at 10am. This so sucked!!!!! And the tide was so high on the beach...that you could not access the beach until noon anyway when it had dropped. The ocean access...tiny! There are 2 areas to just stand and bob in the waves....there is no room to swim..regardless of what anyone says on here. Get 3 people in either section at the same time...it is full. Beautiful beach and ocean...pretty much unusable to be honest. I sat and watched others staying there simply use the ocean to go relieve themselves of all the drinks they were consuming. I was rather disgusted. Same thing occurred at the pool. People were to lazy to walk to the restrooms.
They would lay or sit all afternoon...never getting up to do anything but walk in the ocean or pool. This...after consuming who knows how many drinks! You figure out what they are doing rather easily at that point.
While there, they decided to tear the floors out of some of the rooms....tile floors that had to be removed by hammer and chisel....right beside the pool ground level. You cannot imagine the noise that made....hammering on tiles in an room with the doors wise open...10 feet from the pool. Unacceptable in my opinion. The pool was unuasable because of the noise for 2 days. I have no idea how anyone was able to stick around. I had to leave for both days and do other things until they were done hammering!!! Only to have to hear the cutting of tiles then begin!!!! The only real quality this place had...was it's location and the peace and quiet to be had because of that. To then have that destroyed because of lack of consideration to at least shut the doors to these rooms being worked on...is totally unacceptable again.
There were other things...but I am not even going there.

The good points...there were a few. The cleaning staff....outstanding!!!!! Never had to wait more than 1 minute for the elevator. The views from the room.......like none other...simply amazing!!!! The rooms...other than smelling musty for the first 2 days...were very nice. Huge bathtubs...HUGE!! Large separate bedrooms. Stove...oven...utensils and such. Fridge.....and free bottled water.
The fact the rooms open up to the weather...very cool!! Even though I actually never used this feature...because the damn air conditioning could not even cool the room down with the doors closed and blocked from the sun. Everytime I stepped out...it would take an hour to cool down the room to 70 again.
This was my experience the first week in October 2009. This is NOT a place to bring kids...I cannot think of a worse place actually. I will not return because it was simply to big a pain to run to town everyday to get something decent to eat. Simply was not worth it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Lindo Mar Resort? Share your experiences!