Good location cliffside, 2.5 k south of PV town proper, lots of bus service if you don't have a car. Every room has a great view of the ocean and pool. Interiors are Mexican-style tile, furnishings, and decor, not modern chrome and glass like the places in Nuevo Vallarta, but they are comfy, everything works, and bedrooms have AC. Rooms are kept spotlessly clean. The pool is beautiful but a bit small, with lounging space sparse and close together. Nice jacuzzi. Large beach towels are provided for guests. Their little beach area is pleasant, sandy, with lounge chairs and shade palapas to sit under. You can rent snorkel gear and kayaks from the hotel. Beach vendors are not many or bothersome. Entry into the water is sandy but is lined with rocks that have sea urchins on them--do not swim or snorkel near them or let the waves toss you into them or step on them! The water itself is beautiful and clear. In the area are lots of tide pools and pelicans.
I can't say the restaurant was very good. Expensive (for Mexico, though average for PV) with a lot of commercial food-service offerings. A decent chef salad was marred by thin "bleu cheese" dressing made from powdered mix; a burger was decent but the french fries had sat under the heat lamp way too long to be suitable for serving--considering we were among the only customers at that time, fresh ones should have been made for us. Proximity is its most desirable feature. WARNING: There are two "happy hours" per day, with 2-for-1 drinks. We all were taken aback at the strength of the margaritas; they made us all uncomfortably high, and one of us actually lost her lunch after two. I have encountered this before in Mexican beach resorts and it is said to be the mark of a margarita NOT made strictly with tequila but with grain alcohol. I can't say for sure whether this is what is used here, but just be careful and aware: you will not be able drive after one of these, let alone two, and that is not normal.
Although I can't recommend the restaurant food or the margaritas, overall I recommend the rooms, the staff, the location, and the amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled right on Conchas Chinas Beach in the exclusive southern section of Puerto Vallarta, Lindo Mar is the perfect escape. Enjoy ocean views from your one-, two- or three-bedroom condominium suite, complete with a full kitchen, cable television, maid service and air conditioning to cool off after a relaxing day on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lindo Mar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindo Mar Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Lindo Mar Puerto Vallarta