“Go Diving with Chicos Dive Shop” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 212 Activities in Puerto Vallarta
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Chico's Dive Shop, Since 1968. Much has changed over the years in the scuba business; the level of knowledge, equipment development, the teaching procedures, the dive boats, the global weather, ecological awareness and many other topics... we have experienced many changes in the past 44 years. We have learned a lot and we keep learning as the dive business continues to improve, as a dive operator we know scuba diving is about teaching, learning, enjoying, Sharing, relaxing, exploring, discovering, safety and making new friends.If you last 44 years in the dive business is because you know!!Rodolfo De Lamprecht
Knoxville, Tennessee
49 attraction reviews
“Go Diving with Chicos Dive Shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Spent a day diving with the guys at Chicos and really enjoyed it. Saw baby Sea Horses, held an Octopus and a puffer fish, and an eel ! These guy know where to find the interesting creatures and are nice, friendly, helpful and fun!

Visited December 2012

Orange, California
“Don't Trust Them”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I went to the shop on the Malecon in Puerta Vallarta. I scheduled a dive trip for my wife and I, as well as snorkeling for two others. I asked what was the best day and planned on that day. I went to confirm with them the availability and cost. They changed pricing on me. When I asked about using their website, they gave me some bogus reason that they can't confirm payment on the machine within 4 days (conveniently the length of days to the dive). I saw their credit card machine and asked if I could pay then at the advertised cost. They called someone and now the charges was HIGHER and they wanted cash only, even though the machine was right next to them. They were so DISHONEST that we couldn't trust them, and went with Mismaloya Divers and was glad I did.

Visited December 2012
Chino Hills, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Diving in Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I wanted to take a moment and thank Rodolfo L. and Gloria from Chico's Dive Shop for a great trip in PV.
My wife & I arrived on the Carnival Splendor into PV and then needed to take an overpriced Cab to the Malecon. At Chico's, they held their dive boat just for the two of us. I dove and my wife snorkeled around Los Arcos. Water and weather were perfect.
A small shop that has been in business since 1967 and a great crew.

Visited November 2012
Puerto V
“Great dives, friendly dive master”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had an awesome dive here. Fausto, our first DM knew his way around the dive site, had a great attitude and was fun to be around.

They could let up a bit on the photo/video taking during the dive and I didn't like the way they treated the fish + fauna. Not totally disrespectful, but no need to take a picture with a terrified puffer fish, etc. All around good - nice gear, nice boat, etc.

Visited October 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
“Open water certification”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I did my OW certificate with Chico´s dive shop. All starts before I leave Edmonton with bunch of questions to Rodolfo, who very kindly aswer all my stupid questions. When I show up in Choco´s shop, they supply me with study materials and dvd player, all for free. My diving instructor Fausto was excellent as all others. I really enjoyed to dive with them and I just enjoyed to stop and chat at shop everytime when I hit "el centro" They took me dive to Los Acros, I dive there six times and evetime each dive was different.. Thanks to all of you... I´m really glad to picked you for my very first diving.
Ales or Alex from Edmonton..

Visited September 2012