“The perfect ending to an amazing vacation.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Pasta, Family Fare
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mexican restaurant family owned since 1969. Water front dinning, beautiful sunsets on the boardwalk, full bar.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“The perfect ending to an amazing vacation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our group of 8 found this gem on our last night in Puerto Vallarta. Fresh guacamole, cold drinks (w/ filtered ice), delicious meals - best of which was the MolcaJete, and the grand finale being bananas flambé made tableside made this a night to remember. We hope to return soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing food and great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A perfect place to watch the sunset, watch people, and enjoy amazing fajitas. The atmosphere and service are top notch. We will definitely be back.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Viejo Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great Place, Great service, prices very affordable, ask for Panchito he will make the best deal for you, accept credit card and dollars...bk...

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
“One of the great restaurateurs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I chose to revisit Viejo Vallarta for a date night a few days ago, and I just have to say. We had one of the loveliest experiences ever, dining in Vallarta. As I think I said last time when I reviewed the restaurant, the owner and his emplopoyees make you feel like you are the most important guests,and as I said this wasn't the first time we've been there. But it still is such a pleasant surprise when he greeted up by name. He remembered both of our names. The view of the Malecon is superb, being that it located exactly in the heart of the golden district. But a restaurant isn't impressive if the food is not spectacular. And that's the thing with this place. You don't find high prices on the menu here, they are very moderate considering the locale, which is the highest rent district in this town. And I have eaten at pretty much all of them over the years. But the quality here fairly supersedes all the neighboring places on this street in my opinion. And I will revisit it every time I am back in Puerto Vallarta and can easily recommend it to you. Thanks for reading, hope it helps you choose this dynamic spot to eat.

• Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Best place for authentic Mexican with a great view! Right on the Malecon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I were staying at an all inclusive hotel but wanted to get out into the town to have some real authentic Mexican food. This place was perfect! It was right on the Malecon and had a great view. The service was excellent. If you go, I highly recommend the Mexican Combination! You get a little taste of Mexico in one meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
viejovallarta, Gerente at Viejo Vallarta, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
thank you for your great review, its always good to venture out from all inclusive hotels to see the town to try different food , we are very happy that you enjoyed your visit with us, thank you again and we at Viejo Vallarta Mexican restaurant hope to see you again on your next trip.