“one of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 772 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Family Fare, Pasta
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Mexican restaurant family owned since 1969. Water front dinning, beautiful sunsets on the boardwalk, full bar.
Portlaoise, Ireland
“one of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Last year I went there for the first time with my friend because we intially thought the place looked good, once we got there the place was clean, the settingand the view was mesmerizing. We ordered and I still remember fillet mignon with mushroom sauce, baked potatoes, garlic shrimp and the margarita that had free refill, with guacamole and salsa starter.
The service was great, friendly staff great atmosphere, and then the food oh my lord, the food was devine and since that day ive tried to find something similar and couldnt find anything like it. I returned with a whole bunch o friends the next time and everybody was delighted. The food was good and fresh, well prepaired and the price was right, so I gladly recommend everybody who goes to Puerto Vallarta to try Viejo Vallarta, im glad I did. Cheers!
Elena

• Visited September 2012

Steinbach, Canada
“Great food with an awesome view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

There were 6 of us that visited this restaurant for the first time and we were very impressed with the food and the service! Some of us had the fajitas and others had jumbo shrimp and it was all delicious. The view overlooking the malecon is always amazing day or night and the $1 Tecate draft beers are always tasty. Definitely check this place out if you're on the malecon and want great food with a great atmosphere!

Toronto, Canada
“Even better than before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This has always been our favourite restaurant in PV and now we like it even more. The service has improved and so has the food presentation. As always, the view is unbeatable. The food is good and while it is not cheap by Mexican standards, dinner for 3 people with drinks came to less than $50. Can't beat that. Authentic Mexican food and also some non-Mexican choices as well. Make the trip up the stairs to the PV gem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Rosa, California, United States
“Extraordinary Service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went to Viejo Vallarta for dinner - had a great table with a wonderful view. Our waiter was excellent and recommended the special for my fiance- beef. I ordered a wonderful jumbo shrimp with a light curry sauce that was excellent. The beef dish was amazing! The beef so tender and flavorful. My fiance commented that it was the best beef he has ever eaten! I agree, it was comparable to Argentine Beef - melting in your mouth. The margarita's excellent, food excellent, service was excellent and the atmosphere wonderful. Highly recommend and definately will return on my next visit there.

Bentonville, Arkansas
“Food was okay - but possible card fraud spoilt our visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was the only location in PV that my wife used her debit card other than a single ATM machine, and so was the only time the card was out of her sight. Two days later there were two transactions made at a downtown Oxxo Supermercardo using the card - neither of which was my wife.

We had a nice meal overlooking the Malecon, but our visit has obviously been affected by the thought that someone at the restaurant may have cloned my wifes card.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
viejovallarta, Gerente at Viejo Vallarta, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello my name is Xavier Torres i am the manager at Viejo Vallarta Mexican Restaurant i am very sorry that these happend to you but i can asure you that these did not happen at Viejo Vallarta we have never had anybody complain of such a thing i feel terrible that your credit card was missed used by some one , maybe at the atm , they have been reports in the news pappers that at atms they have been duplicating credit card numbers and stilling personal information , once again i am very sorry that these has happen.

sincirly yours.