When I decided to go to Puerto Varllarta, Mexico I went on Hotline and Priceline to check on what would be available in the area I wanted to stay. I then as always looked at the star rating's on Hotels.com to see what places in those areas fit the 4 star rating that I was interested in. So when I looked at the Hotwire hotels in that category as you know know they don't tell you what place you would be getting until after you place your order. I ended up with getting Grand Miramar Hotel (actually it's a timeshare). Being a timeshare the room we had was bigger then a normal hotel room, and although they said we had been upgraded I don't really believe it was as it was a lock off side of a timeshare which mean's it doesn't have the separate living room from the bedroom, but serves as the 2nd bedroom.
I got the impression from what they say on their website that you are close to many things.. I guess if you stretched your imagination they would be right. It is in fact on top of a small mountain overlooking the bay and not close to the beach. Although they have a limited shuttle service to those areas, you can not walk from this hotel to restaurants, or the beach and you have to take either their schedule that ends early each day or a taxi, which are cheap. But if you want a place that is on the beach this is not for you. But trust me the views and the pools and the facilities are outstanding and if you want a very high view of the harbor and the area then you will truly like this place.
I would recommend this to anyone as you will find the staff more then helpful and friendly.. one suggestion stay away from the rooms across from the 2 small elevators they have available because the staff and guests have not learned that there are people probably resting and talk loud and drop trays and glasses on a regular basis, both very early in the mornings and late at night.
Overall I really enjoyed this place, but don't be deceived in thinking you can walk anywhere to get into the city you can't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 5 minutes south of the Puerto Vallarta Downtown, Grand Miramar, an intimate, elegant boutique resort with a Contemporary style, surrounded by the lush tropical Sierra Madre Mountains and facing those breathtaking bay views.ACCOMMODATIONSGrand Miramar features Residences of 4,3,2 and 1 bedrooms, contemporary concept with interior décor meets serenity and luxury accommodations, full size balconies with beautiful ocean views, granite countertops in kitchens and bathrooms, marble floor throughout, hard wood furniture, luxurious high thread – count linens, high-end appliances including microwave and dishwasher, and sophisticated colors that let you drift away into your own private world. Grand Miramar is a truly concept at the forefront of design that includes de comfort of modern conveniences and functional spaces with first quality materials and amenities.RESORT AMENITIESAt Grand Miramar, you'll also find amenities like Wi-Fi service, business center, pool grill bar, luxury in room amenities, 24-hour room service, flat screen TVs, concierge service, car rental, daily guest activity programs, upscale Beach Club transportation, fine dining restaurant, Unique State-of-the-art style Spa and Gym, where you will find the latest techniques in anti-aging including hydro and ozone therapies, and personalized HIGH fitness, nutrition and weight control programs all designed to help you look and feel your best. Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi surrounded by a beautiful Landscape and high-class pool furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Miramar Club Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Grand Miramar Club And Spa