“Grand Miramar..Great Place, Great Price, Nice View” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Miramar

You added Grand Miramar to your Saves list
Grand Miramar
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de los Corales 139 | Residencial Conchas Chinas, Puerto Vallarta 48326, Mexico   |
Ranked #24 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilton Manors, Florida
“Grand Miramar..Great Place, Great Price, Nice View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

When I decided to go to Puerto Varllarta, Mexico I went on Hotline and Priceline to check on what would be available in the area I wanted to stay. I then as always looked at the star rating's on Hotels.com to see what places in those areas fit the 4 star rating that I was interested in. So when I looked at the Hotwire hotels in that category as you know know they don't tell you what place you would be getting until after you place your order. I ended up with getting Grand Miramar Hotel (actually it's a timeshare). Being a timeshare the room we had was bigger then a normal hotel room, and although they said we had been upgraded I don't really believe it was as it was a lock off side of a timeshare which mean's it doesn't have the separate living room from the bedroom, but serves as the 2nd bedroom.

I got the impression from what they say on their website that you are close to many things.. I guess if you stretched your imagination they would be right. It is in fact on top of a small mountain overlooking the bay and not close to the beach. Although they have a limited shuttle service to those areas, you can not walk from this hotel to restaurants, or the beach and you have to take either their schedule that ends early each day or a taxi, which are cheap. But if you want a place that is on the beach this is not for you. But trust me the views and the pools and the facilities are outstanding and if you want a very high view of the harbor and the area then you will truly like this place.

I would recommend this to anyone as you will find the staff more then helpful and friendly.. one suggestion stay away from the rooms across from the 2 small elevators they have available because the staff and guests have not learned that there are people probably resting and talk loud and drop trays and glasses on a regular basis, both very early in the mornings and late at night.

Overall I really enjoyed this place, but don't be deceived in thinking you can walk anywhere to get into the city you can't.

Room Tip: One suggestion stay away from the rooms across from the 2 small elevators they have available becaus...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Vail
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We purchased this trip with a living social deal with another couple and had an extraordinary time. Would definitely go back and bring our family. The rooms are very clean and amazingly large, the views are breathtaking and the service was impeccable. We saw many families, but there were places that were reserved for adults only, which we really appreciated. There is even an adult pool with bar and food service. We would also recommend the excursions we went on - The Las Caletas beach hideaway and the Rhythm of the Nights - again, we all said we would do those again because we had so much fun. We went into town and walked along the boardwalk and really enjoyed the people and the culture.

Room Tip: Would probably have enjoyed a higher floor. We were on 2 and could hear kids at the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brenda M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Grand Miramar, responded to this review, December 13, 2014
Grand Miramar appreciate your comments and your decision to stay with us.We hope see you soon ¡ Happy Holidays!
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We are actually in the middle of our stay here. It did feel very salesy when we first got here, but we just told them we weren't interested and they didn't push too hard. Our "room" is amazing. We reserved a 2 rm suite for me, my wife and our two kids (9 and 11) and we got what must be a 1,500 sq ft condo with a full kitchen. And we are NOT time share guests. The service is incredible. Everyone is very nice, very helpful and genuinely appreciative that we are here, whether you speak to them in Spanish or English. It has a decent little gym and several pools. And the views are incredible. I can't imagine better views in all of Puerto Vallarta.

The only negative is that it is a bit far from everything. It's up on a pretty high, steep hill and the walk down to town would be very tough. So we have taken a lot of taxis (50-70 pesos per ride). The hotel offers a shuttle down to the beach every hour. But it's only convenient if you time it right. The food at the hotel has been just ok (we haven't eaten at the very nice restaurant here yet). But it gives us an excuse to go explore the town to find places to eat.

Overall, a great experience for the whole family.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I absolutely recommend this hotel. It seems that the bad reviews come from time share presentations. Thankfully, I was not even offered and was able to avoid it. I purchased this through groupon for a mini getaway vacation with my boyfriend. It is a little off the main downtown area, but for very good reasons. We had a junior suite at the 7th floor and the view was stunning. The hotel was very well maintained with spectacular service. Food and drinks were delicious (usually all-inclusive food is okay but it was delicious here!) and everyone was very friendly. My favorite was the infinite pool by the sky restaurant. The sunset from there was beautiful. The shuttle system every hour to downtown was convenient to explore the city and they also helped us set up ziplining through Eden Canopy. Overall I did not want to leave and will definitely return if I travel here again.

Room Tip: higher floors have better view, but overall the hotel is located in a high hill so lower floors shou...
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the beginning of July through Interval Int'l. We've always had such great experiences with II throughout Europe and Asia and we expected the same from Grand Miramar. No such luck. It started out with us checking in and being told they "didn't take AmericanExpress". Of course we knew that they did, they just preferred we use another card. Not our problem. We had to give a MC to guarantee charges, but at least we were able to close out our week using Amex. Not a good start...
The hotel and views were beautiful, but the service and amenities were definitely sub standard, based on what we are used to. The hotel tries to pass itself off as a 5 star resort, but it's not even close. There was only one restaurant (good food, but way overpriced!) I think they take advantage of the fact that you have no other food options unless you wait and take one of their limited shuttles into the city or take a taxi. Believe me, you can take a taxi into town and have a fabulous meal, bottle of wine and great people watching for much less than what the hotel charges. A buffet (?) restaurant also opened for dinner at Grand Miramar at the end of our vacation, but the price per person (around $50 USD) was ridiculous for food sitting in metal trays under hot lamps. Spend your money in the city!
Many, many hotel employees are seen. Not sure what they are doing. Asked for Housekeeping to clean my room one day when I knew we would be out most of the day. Got back to room-no one had come. I called again and was told they must have been busy all morning and they sent someone out later. While I was in the room. I tried to have them come when I knew we'd be out; otherwise, they would CALL my room to ask about cleaning when 'Do Not Disturb' sign was on the door-never had an uninterrupted nap!
Had to go to Snack Counter to order our poolside lunch and beers every afternoon until the day before I left. All these hotel staff just standing around in the shade and no one walking around pool and asking guests if they wanted food or drinks. Missed opportunities for them, for sure. Oh, my list goes on and on...
Just know what to expect if you come here. I would definitely go back to Puerto Vallarta, but I won't be back to Grand Miramar!

Room Tip: All the ocean views are good, but the higher floors will have less outside noise. They blast very l...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had the best experience staying at the Grand Miramar Hotel. The hotel is a 30 minute taxi ride from the aiport and a 5 minute taxi ride downtown (including all of the gay bars). We booked the all inclusive full bay view room. There was a beautiful ocean view and the rooms were clean and spacious. The food was great, spa was relaxing, and most importantly the service was fantastic. We were there during the "slow season" (July) so I am hoping that when we return, we will be as pleased with this hotel as the first time.

Room Tip: Full Bay View Room- All Inclusive is the way to go!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My fiance and I recently visited and Grand Miramar is absolutely perfect. The staff was fantastic and the resort is beautiful. You would be missing out if you decided to not come and stay at this resort in Conchas Chinas.

Room Tip: 808-809 anything higher than the construction on the right side of the resort
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Miramar? Share your experiences!