“Having a great time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Miramar

You added Grand Miramar to your Saves list
Grand Miramar
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de los Corales 139 | Residencial Conchas Chinas, Puerto Vallarta 48326, Mexico   |
Ranked #24 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Having a great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We are actually in the middle of our stay here. It did feel very salesy when we first got here, but we just told them we weren't interested and they didn't push too hard. Our "room" is amazing. We reserved a 2 rm suite for me, my wife and our two kids (9 and 11) and we got what must be a 1,500 sq ft condo with a full kitchen. And we are NOT time share guests. The service is incredible. Everyone is very nice, very helpful and genuinely appreciative that we are here, whether you speak to them in Spanish or English. It has a decent little gym and several pools. And the views are incredible. I can't imagine better views in all of Puerto Vallarta.

The only negative is that it is a bit far from everything. It's up on a pretty high, steep hill and the walk down to town would be very tough. So we have taken a lot of taxis (50-70 pesos per ride). The hotel offers a shuttle down to the beach every hour. But it's only convenient if you time it right. The food at the hotel has been just ok (we haven't eaten at the very nice restaurant here yet). But it gives us an excuse to go explore the town to find places to eat.

Overall, a great experience for the whole family.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I absolutely recommend this hotel. It seems that the bad reviews come from time share presentations. Thankfully, I was not even offered and was able to avoid it. I purchased this through groupon for a mini getaway vacation with my boyfriend. It is a little off the main downtown area, but for very good reasons. We had a junior suite at the 7th floor and the view was stunning. The hotel was very well maintained with spectacular service. Food and drinks were delicious (usually all-inclusive food is okay but it was delicious here!) and everyone was very friendly. My favorite was the infinite pool by the sky restaurant. The sunset from there was beautiful. The shuttle system every hour to downtown was convenient to explore the city and they also helped us set up ziplining through Eden Canopy. Overall I did not want to leave and will definitely return if I travel here again.

Room Tip: higher floors have better view, but overall the hotel is located in a high hill so lower floors shou...
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the beginning of July through Interval Int'l. We've always had such great experiences with II throughout Europe and Asia and we expected the same from Grand Miramar. No such luck. It started out with us checking in and being told they "didn't take AmericanExpress". Of course we knew that they did, they just preferred we use another card. Not our problem. We had to give a MC to guarantee charges, but at least we were able to close out our week using Amex. Not a good start...
The hotel and views were beautiful, but the service and amenities were definitely sub standard, based on what we are used to. The hotel tries to pass itself off as a 5 star resort, but it's not even close. There was only one restaurant (good food, but way overpriced!) I think they take advantage of the fact that you have no other food options unless you wait and take one of their limited shuttles into the city or take a taxi. Believe me, you can take a taxi into town and have a fabulous meal, bottle of wine and great people watching for much less than what the hotel charges. A buffet (?) restaurant also opened for dinner at Grand Miramar at the end of our vacation, but the price per person (around $50 USD) was ridiculous for food sitting in metal trays under hot lamps. Spend your money in the city!
Many, many hotel employees are seen. Not sure what they are doing. Asked for Housekeeping to clean my room one day when I knew we would be out most of the day. Got back to room-no one had come. I called again and was told they must have been busy all morning and they sent someone out later. While I was in the room. I tried to have them come when I knew we'd be out; otherwise, they would CALL my room to ask about cleaning when 'Do Not Disturb' sign was on the door-never had an uninterrupted nap!
Had to go to Snack Counter to order our poolside lunch and beers every afternoon until the day before I left. All these hotel staff just standing around in the shade and no one walking around pool and asking guests if they wanted food or drinks. Missed opportunities for them, for sure. Oh, my list goes on and on...
Just know what to expect if you come here. I would definitely go back to Puerto Vallarta, but I won't be back to Grand Miramar!

Room Tip: All the ocean views are good, but the higher floors will have less outside noise. They blast very l...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had the best experience staying at the Grand Miramar Hotel. The hotel is a 30 minute taxi ride from the aiport and a 5 minute taxi ride downtown (including all of the gay bars). We booked the all inclusive full bay view room. There was a beautiful ocean view and the rooms were clean and spacious. The food was great, spa was relaxing, and most importantly the service was fantastic. We were there during the "slow season" (July) so I am hoping that when we return, we will be as pleased with this hotel as the first time.

Room Tip: Full Bay View Room- All Inclusive is the way to go!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My fiance and I recently visited and Grand Miramar is absolutely perfect. The staff was fantastic and the resort is beautiful. You would be missing out if you decided to not come and stay at this resort in Conchas Chinas.

Room Tip: 808-809 anything higher than the construction on the right side of the resort
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding (which was held elsewhere) and it worked very well for that. Only one restaurant was open and it was easy for a bunch of us to get together for dinner. The staff was great about letting us move the tables together for one big group. Actually, the staff was great for almost everything. The only negative thing I can say about the staff is that it sometimes took a very long time to get the check. A couple times we started to walk out and they finally brought it to us. It was also the low season so our group usually had at least one of the pools all to ourselves.

I didn't do AI and I'm glad that I didn't. It was much less expensive and we wanted the opportunity to try some of the many excellent restaurants in Puerto Vallarta. Most of stayed for a week and those who were AI were getting bored with the meals. Although by the end of our stay and as they were getting tired of the regular offerings some did ask for items that weren't on the menu and they were happy to oblige.

Another Plus - did not hear a word about any time shares.

We also went with the $20 per night upgrade. Definitely enjoyed having a jacuzzi bathtub instead of just a shower. And while the view was lovely - the pool is open between 9 am and I think 9 pm and they play music the entire time it's open and we could easily hear it from our balcony on the 8th floor. We could hear it in our room if we didn't run the ceiling fans so we ran the ceiling fans. But we did enjoy the patio before 9 am and after 9 pm.

The views were great but it also would have been nice to have been closer to the beach. The next time I go to Puerto Vallarta will probably not be for a wedding and in that case I'd spend some of the time here and some of the time by the beach.

I had read a review stating that the beds were hard and was worried because hard beds hurt my back but that sure wasn't the case for my room. The bed was very comfy

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Grand Miramar for 9 nights from May 6th - May 15th, 2014. The property is absolutely stunning and has that of a five star atmosphere.

I will start with a few VERY MINOR downsides... First being the distance from the beach. The hotel offers free shuttles but we found ourselves constantly taking taxis because the last shuttle departs at 2:30 pm. After that you must take a taxi down the hill. The last shuttle returns back up at 6:30 pm, it would be nice if they offered shuttles down the hill until then as well. Second complaint comes with the all-inclusive, as you are required to sign a cheque every time you eat or drink anything throughout the hotel. We constantly found ourselves waiting around for the cheque to come back to our table when we could have just got up and left. The gym and sky deck were also closed (not sure if this was due to low season or what). I was really looking forward to using the gym so that was somewhat disappointing. These are the only a few complaints but are very minor in nature so did not really hinder our experience.

The positives... The list goes on and on. Upon check in we were shown 2 different rooms, the basic Junior Suite, and the upgraded junior suite with a jetted tub on the 8th floor. We chose the upgraded room at an additional cost of $20 per night . ( highly recommend as the views and the room are phenomenal). Never once in my life have I stayed in a room as luxurious as this one, the pictures DO NOT do it justice. We upgraded to the Master Suite for the final night of our stay. This room is absolutely massive with a private living area and separate bedroom. It also had a jacuzzi tub on the balcony. This room costs an additional $80 per night. The food and drink selection were very good, and the service was great. My girlfriend is a vegetarian and the servers constantly went out of their way to request special dishes for her that were not even on the menu. Special thank you to the staff who were all extremely polite and courteous. Phenomenal service combined with a luxurious, modern vibe make this hotel a beautiful getaway for anyone.

All in all, if you are an easy going traveller who is looking for a luxurious, beautiful hotel, look no further than this one.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the higher level rooms or master suite with jacuzzi on balcony. Well worth the money.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Miramar? Share your experiences!