“Great Views, Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Miramar Club & Spa

Save Saved
You added Grand Miramar Club & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Miramar Club & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de los Corales 139 | Residencial Conchas Chinas, Puerto Vallarta 48326, Mexico   |
Ranked #22 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
California
“Great Views, Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding (which was held elsewhere) and it worked very well for that. Only one restaurant was open and it was easy for a bunch of us to get together for dinner. The staff was great about letting us move the tables together for one big group. Actually, the staff was great for almost everything. The only negative thing I can say about the staff is that it sometimes took a very long time to get the check. A couple times we started to walk out and they finally brought it to us. It was also the low season so our group usually had at least one of the pools all to ourselves.

I didn't do AI and I'm glad that I didn't. It was much less expensive and we wanted the opportunity to try some of the many excellent restaurants in Puerto Vallarta. Most of stayed for a week and those who were AI were getting bored with the meals. Although by the end of our stay and as they were getting tired of the regular offerings some did ask for items that weren't on the menu and they were happy to oblige.

Another Plus - did not hear a word about any time shares.

We also went with the $20 per night upgrade. Definitely enjoyed having a jacuzzi bathtub instead of just a shower. And while the view was lovely - the pool is open between 9 am and I think 9 pm and they play music the entire time it's open and we could easily hear it from our balcony on the 8th floor. We could hear it in our room if we didn't run the ceiling fans so we ran the ceiling fans. But we did enjoy the patio before 9 am and after 9 pm.

The views were great but it also would have been nice to have been closer to the beach. The next time I go to Puerto Vallarta will probably not be for a wedding and in that case I'd spend some of the time here and some of the time by the beach.

I had read a review stating that the beds were hard and was worried because hard beds hurt my back but that sure wasn't the case for my room. The bed was very comfy

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Grand Miramar for 9 nights from May 6th - May 15th, 2014. The property is absolutely stunning and has that of a five star atmosphere.

I will start with a few VERY MINOR downsides... First being the distance from the beach. The hotel offers free shuttles but we found ourselves constantly taking taxis because the last shuttle departs at 2:30 pm. After that you must take a taxi down the hill. The last shuttle returns back up at 6:30 pm, it would be nice if they offered shuttles down the hill until then as well. Second complaint comes with the all-inclusive, as you are required to sign a cheque every time you eat or drink anything throughout the hotel. We constantly found ourselves waiting around for the cheque to come back to our table when we could have just got up and left. The gym and sky deck were also closed (not sure if this was due to low season or what). I was really looking forward to using the gym so that was somewhat disappointing. These are the only a few complaints but are very minor in nature so did not really hinder our experience.

The positives... The list goes on and on. Upon check in we were shown 2 different rooms, the basic Junior Suite, and the upgraded junior suite with a jetted tub on the 8th floor. We chose the upgraded room at an additional cost of $20 per night . ( highly recommend as the views and the room are phenomenal). Never once in my life have I stayed in a room as luxurious as this one, the pictures DO NOT do it justice. We upgraded to the Master Suite for the final night of our stay. This room is absolutely massive with a private living area and separate bedroom. It also had a jacuzzi tub on the balcony. This room costs an additional $80 per night. The food and drink selection were very good, and the service was great. My girlfriend is a vegetarian and the servers constantly went out of their way to request special dishes for her that were not even on the menu. Special thank you to the staff who were all extremely polite and courteous. Phenomenal service combined with a luxurious, modern vibe make this hotel a beautiful getaway for anyone.

All in all, if you are an easy going traveller who is looking for a luxurious, beautiful hotel, look no further than this one.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the higher level rooms or master suite with jacuzzi on balcony. Well worth the money.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
sf bay area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I booked the grand miramar We had a Master suite, it was wonderfull, very roomy. The view from the hotel is awesome. The staff people are wonderful :) We are not that much into the beach. This hotel is about a 10 min shuttle ride to the beach that the hotle provides. I would recommend this place for sure! We will go back next year.

Room Tip: The only thing that I did not care for was, I thought the pillows were to firm.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

From the moment we arrived to the hotel we were waited on hand and foot. The staff welcomed us with towels and water and catered to every need. The staff was friendly and attentive through out our stay. Definitely tip the housekeeping staff. We did when we first arrived and from then on the service kind of slacked. I would recommend the all inclusive plan as the prices are kind of high for drinks and food. Our breakfast bill ran around 250 pesos and our highest dinner bill was around 1200 pesos. We were able to tip staff on the bill and were charged appropriately at the end of our stay.

Pictures do not do this view any justice. It is remarkable- with views of the forest, the city, and the ocean, it is unlike anything I have ever seen.

We found this resort through groupon and found it to be a very affordable option. I will recommend this resort to anyone headed to PV. I do recommend bringing more cash than you would expect. The shuttle runs to the beach daily, but we had to take more cabs than we thought we would need to take.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor. Even on the low floors, the view is unbelievable.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have been a Time Share owner for fifteen years and used them heaps to travel thus my comments reflect experience.This hotel has been in existence just over twelve months but if it continues in the vain in which it operates, it won't last long. The view is wonderful but management is in league with fraudulent Time Share operators who speak with "forked tongues." The two sections pretend to be separate but are integrally connected. Do not have ANYTHING to do with their presentations and DO NOT believe a word you are told. My husband and I spent two nights there, and were literally kicked out on the third and charged for it because we cancelled our TimeShare. Obviously, Richard the head of Time Share and delegated acting manager by real management (who you never see) was gutted at the loss of a sale and because we went to Profeco. He still did not refund monies which by law he has to and I shall continue to work through Profeco and my C/C company at receiving justice. Staff who work there, are in general very polite but talking to some, they are disgusted at the modus operandi of this hotel management. They cannot say much as, of course, they value their employment. Sometimes paradise is not what it seems and just because there is a wonderful view does not mean all is well. The shuttles operate on a limited basis and not at night thus taxis have to be paid for, the breakfast menu is limited, prices are not cheap and rooms are only adequate; many Timeshares-cum-hotels in Mexico have far better facilities and more functional and elegant suites. Puerto Vallarta has many excellent places to stay; choose wisely! Read the reviews from those who attended a presentation at this place.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My now husband and I stayed at the Grand Miramar during the last week of May and eloped at the resort. I am normally very skeptical about hotels because the pictures online always look better than when you actually get there.

We can honestly say there are no pictures or videos that could possibly do this place justice! We were in shock the first two days once we arrived. The breathtaking views, the quiet relaxing atmosphere, and the service was so incredible! Everyone there serviced us with the biggest smiles and such genuine sincerity. The entire experience was better than anything we could have dreamt up.

Montserrat was our wedding coordinator and she did everything she could to make sure we were comfortable, got the best of the best, that we had an unforgettable ceremony and experience. We could not have asked for more at this resort, absolutely recommend to anyone and we will definitely be going back!!

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I just got back from PV last week and am still so amazed by this hotel. Everyone was so nice and friendly and the views.... incredible. They have to be the best in Puerto Vallarta! If you stay here, I highly recommend a master suite (with the jacuzzi on the balcony). How am I ever going to stay in a normal hotel room again?! It was soooo relaxing!

The food in the restaurant was good... not great, but good. I was also fairly limited by a gluten allergy and they tried their best to accommodate. I think there are only two downsides to this hotel: 1) it's far from everything and not walking distance to anything, BUT there are always cabs and they're pretty cheap and really, the views make it so worth the extra effort. and 2) the beds... are horrible. The pillows are hard, the beds are hard, and the sheets are not comfortable. With that being said though, we slept fine.

Stay at the Grand Miramar, you won't regret it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RENE S, Gerente at Grand Miramar Club & Spa, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are delighted you were able to enjoy so much during your visit. Regarding our downsides as you wrote in your feedback it’s not walking to the downtown but there are cabs available 24 hours, also we have a complementary shuttle (at a certain time) every day. About the beds and pillows, I have shared your comments to our housekeeping department and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of service we offer to our guests
Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Grand Miramar Club & Spa? Share your experiences!