If location were the king of choice, this would be the emperor. Located high up at the end of a cobblestone road in the Conchas Chinas area of Puerto Vallarta, this resort is beautiful, and beautifully appointed. Everything about it, from the decor to the service, is worthy of the 5 stars I have given it. I know that some people consider the distance up the hill to be a problem, but why worry when you can take a taxi down to get to all the spots which are 5-7 minutes away? The neighborhood itself is beautiful, with wonderful private residences nestled up the curving road to this brand-new resort. Apart from the fact that there are few places that can match its view, there are few places in the more desirable southern part of Puerto Vallarta that can be had without having to accept the all-inclusive game to which the hotels in the area have succumbed. The resort does feature time shares, yes, but this is neither the exclusive part of the place nor the one that you have to spend much time considering. It features 3 pools and a jacuzzi in the public area between the three buildings above the lobby, and great big suites, including the magnificent master suites which have ample space, a great balcony with those fabulous views, a jacuzzi all your own, a finely-appointed kitchen, dining area, living area and large bedroom with ample closets, comfortable over-sized bed, and a nice bathroom. The air conditioning works very well, and the lighting is thoughtfully designed. This is a new property, so expect major developments, particularly with the restaurants, though the one we tried, at the top of building sea, called the Sky Miramar, features wonderful food and very friendly service, with an even more fabulous view stretching to the town on the one side and the Nayarit side of Vallarta.
The hotel also has a well-timed regular shuttle service into the Ola Altas section of the town, just off downtown, and a good place from which to walk to the Malecon (the boardwalk), via the River Cuale (Rio Cuale).
I've already reviewed Puerto Vallarta itself; it is the beautiful necklace around the neck of the largest bay in Mexico, Banderas Bay (the Bay of Flags, and thereby hangs a tale). The Grand Miramar is one of the lovely jewels in that necklace.
I highly recommend a visit to the Grand Miramar. You won't regret it. Tell them I sent you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 5 minutes south of the Puerto Vallarta Downtown, Grand Miramar, an intimate, elegant boutique resort with a Contemporary style, surrounded by the lush tropical Sierra Madre Mountains and facing those breathtaking bay views.ACCOMMODATIONSGrand Miramar features Residences of 4,3,2 and 1 bedrooms, contemporary concept with interior décor meets serenity and luxury accommodations, full size balconies with beautiful ocean views, granite countertops in kitchens and bathrooms, marble floor throughout, hard wood furniture, luxurious high thread – count linens, high-end appliances including microwave and dishwasher, and sophisticated colors that let you drift away into your own private world. Grand Miramar is a truly concept at the forefront of design that includes de comfort of modern conveniences and functional spaces with first quality materials and amenities.RESORT AMENITIESAt Grand Miramar, you'll also find amenities like Wi-Fi service, business center, pool grill bar, luxury in room amenities, 24-hour room service, flat screen TVs, concierge service, car rental, daily guest activity programs, upscale Beach Club transportation, fine dining restaurant, Unique State-of-the-art style Spa and Gym, where you will find the latest techniques in anti-aging including hydro and ozone therapies, and personalized HIGH fitness, nutrition and weight control programs all designed to help you look and feel your best. Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi surrounded by a beautiful Landscape and high-class pool furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Miramar Club Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Grand Miramar Club And Spa