“Amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #312 of 671 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I were looking to try a new restaurant this year and found 'La Albufera'. This restaurant, and Mole' Rosa (right next door) are run by a very pleasant lady named Pilar whose family does all the cooking. She made a point to spend time with us discussing Mexico how her family came to Puerto Vallarta.
Interesting decor with Spanish flair as Pilar is from Spain she tells us.
My husband has wanted to try paella for awhile and the presentation by Pilar was amazing, shrimp, clams, mussels, pork etc. on top of a delicious rice. (Enough for the both of us to share but I ordered the 'special' which was chiles relleno with beet soup.)
We recommend this restaurant as the service is exceptional and so is the food.

• Visited January 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Incredibly delicious and beautiful Spanish and Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had lunch here after it was recommended by the guide on a tour of luxury homes of PV. The food was absolutely astonishingly delicious. The standout dishes we tried included cream of cilantro soup, paella, smoked marlin tostaditos and a unique pink molé enchilada. Far and away the best food we have eaten in PV. DON'T MISS THIS RESTAURANT! It is wonderful.

Hanoi
“Great tapas in pleasant atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I found this place as it was the pickup point for the International Friendship Club's house tour (go on that, by the way, It was great). I saw the tapas on the menu, and brought my husband back for happy hour. We had some wine and tried some of the tapas, such as the stuffed bell pepper with tuna, and some other items. Yummy. The gazpacho was out of this world. I wish we had more time to try everything on the menu. Another woman on the house tour said she loved the paella, which is made personal size.. There also is this interesting molecular menu, which we unfortunately couldn't try, because it was the Xmas holiday weekend. We were personally served by the excellent owner Pilar, and met the chef- her brother. Place is on Acuiles, sort of paralleling the river.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“True spanish tapas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great fabada, real spanish food and amazing atmosphere! The molecular menu is a must! Prices are accesible and the service is really good. Actually the owner is in charge, so expect a great deal in terms of service!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moncton, Canada
“Great Chile's in Nagado & Salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

A friend & I wanted to try this new place at the corner of Aquiles Serdan and Vallarta. We were not disappointed. The special was Chile's in Nagado and this was one of the best renditions I've had in theis city and I've tried many. Peter had the Arugula Salad with goat cheese which was stunning as well as great. Prior to the meal, the owner brought out caviar (I don't like) marinated in balsamic vinegar ala the famous Catalonian restaurant "El Bulli, Roses." It was served with french bread and olive oil and butter spread. To die for. we are going back for her special gourmet Saturdays where they try to bring out true Spanish cuisine to the Mexican clientle. I can't wait.

• Visited October 2012