“Very friendly, quiet and with an amazing view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotelito Rolando

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotelito Rolando
You added Hotelito Rolando to your Saves list
Rodolfo Gomez 471 | Colonia Alta Vista, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Ranked #25 of 60 Puerto Vallarta B&B and Inns
Queretaro, Mexico
“Very friendly, quiet and with an amazing view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed the 6 nights we stayed at Hotelito Rolando during the Easter holiday. On our arrival we were upgraded to a better room without any additional charge. The owners Jun and Chris were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is just a few blocks away from the main beach Playa de los Muertos, 10 minutes walking. There are many bars and restaurants not far away and the area is really safe, even late at night. On the terrace with a swimming pool and a beautiful view we could enjoy tranquility and privacy in an otherwise noisy and crowded city like Puerto Vallarta and watch the iguanas sunbathing next to the pool. We also used the well equipped kitchen to prepare different delicious dishes from the fresh and not expensive seafood bought in the small local fish-shops. If you are an independent traveler and prefer a small and relaxed hotel to the crowded and expensive all-in resorts, Hotelito Rolando is an ideal option for you. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel is a hidden gem in the hills of old town. It is so colorful and charming. My sister and I stayed 3 nights and were in the Lorenzo room. Communication was a little awkward on sight but I would still stay there again. The room was comfortable and clean and cooled by a ceiling fan. I loved the split level design and especially the pool area. Views are terrific on all levels. There is an outdoor kitchen area with pots and pans and a refrigerator so you can shop locally and cook for yourself, if desired. Location is on a steep street and several blocks from downtown but if you don't mind the additional exercise then go for it. Expect to hear roosters, a burro and some Chiwawas on occasion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The decor at this converted home couldn't be more cheerful - from the architecture to the paintings, the landscaping, and the vivid wall colors. It's not for the traveler who is looking to be coddled with service, but it is for the tourist who knows how to enjoy being off of the beaten path. Just two blocks up the hill from the center of town where all the best galleries and restaurants are, those two blocks transport you to a lovely and friendly residential area. The common area with the pool and community kitchen is a terrific place to meet new friends, watch the iguanas chase each other around the pool, gaze out over the beautiful city and hillsides, and trade travel tips.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Really enjoyed the 4 nights I spent there. Managment was super professional and friendly. Stayed in a great room off the common area, beautiful bathroom. The pool was lovely and was please they had big towels right there to use. Beautiful view and a very laid back enviroment. Loved Erica, she was extremely helpful and sweet. Definately stay here longer next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This place has great potential. Jun & Erica are very kind and genuinely helpful. The rooms are good and have their own ensuite bathrooms. My boyfriend is very tall and they actually upgraded us to a room with a larger bed upon our arrival, which was most kind. Hotelito Rolando is excellently located and very cozy. However, at times we did get the feeling that this place could be run more professionally. We felt a bit lost in the beginning, not quite knowing how to get hold of the staff, or where to ask for/how to obtain another towel or a clean sheet (the chambermaid only comes in every other day). Nonetheless, when we pointed this out to the staff, they were very accomodating.

• Stayed December 2012
Oakland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great pool/patio and upper patio. Kitchen is a bonus. Administration was very kind--a small crack to the outside window was enough to possibly let in a mosquito or two for which my wife is allergic--admin gave us a free upgrade to a sweet enclosed room. Free water in kitchen (wish we knew while we were there!). No AC, but fan was super powerful and worked just as well. 5 min walk up steep hill to all the action on badillo street, 15 min to the water. I'd go back for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here one night, and was here when the woman who posted the review below was here.

Just wanted to clarify she was the type of person who was miserable no matter what staff the tried to do for her. I got up in the morning, and she approached me. Angrily asked, "Do you work here too?!" I explained no, and she stormed off and began yelling at another staff member, who asked if she could help but was dismissed and spoken to very condescendingly. The irate woman then proceeded to bang on the managers door and scream at the top of her lungs.

My stay was excellent. The staff were friendly and happy to suggest restaurants and give directions. My room was very clean, spacious, and beautifully decorated.

I didn't get a chance to try the breakfast, but for $5 you have loads of options; cereal, pancakes, oatmeal, eggs, toast, etc.

The pool is beautiful, and the view is unbelievable. Oh and there is construction down the street but I didn't even notice until I was leaving.

Overall, it was a great deal for my money and I'm looking forward to coming back with friends.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have views but obviously cost more. Everyone can enjoy the view from the pool area a...