“Great Food, Fantastic Drinks and a Gracious Host in P.V.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International, European, Swedish, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Great Food, Fantastic Drinks and a Gracious Host in P.V.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

After a fantastic day trip to visit Las Animas beach, then retuning and watching another beautiful late night sunset from our neighbors terrace at the Villas Loma Linda, the group of seven of us decidied to rally and go out for dinner. I had read the good reviews about The Swedes and called the restaurant to confirm that they could accomidate seven of us at 9:45 PM that evening, and the man with the distinctly Swedish accent said,"Not a problem, we look forward to seeing you."
So off we all went to have "Supper at The Swedes". When we arrived the man I spoke to on the phone, Morgan the proprieter and host, greeted us at the door and welcomed us all his beautiful establishment. One of our group said to me "What's up with that accent?" and I replied," I guess the Swedes are really from Sweden." And I was correct.
They were still setting up our table and asked us if we would like to wait in their third floor bar and have their special $250 peso Cosmos ( about $2.25 American dollars) that were available that evening. So we ordered a round. We were all were stunned at how gernerous and fantastic the drinks were at the Swedes Bar.
We were then escorted to our table and given a complimentary " amuse bouche" of a goat cheese crostini which was just perfect with our cocktails. My first course was a grilled asparagus with mixed greens with a tasty vinigrette, simple, clean and pefectly prepared. My main course was pork tenderloin with a blackberry sauce, it was tender and moist with just the right balance of sweet and savory. And for dessert I had a slice of their most wonderful pecan tart, something not to be missed.
The staff and our Swedish host were attentive and delightful all through the evening. The menu has a European flavor to the dishes which gives this establishment a distinct focus. The quantity and quality of the food and drinks at this fine eartery are an extraordinay value. Eveyone's meal was wonderful. The decor was eye catching with oversized paintings of Hollywood legends such as Paul Newman, Elizabeth Taylor and James Dean adorning the walls. The drinks were amazing, and the host and staff were all professional and gracious, making for a perfect ending to a glorius day in Puerto Vallerta. Go and indulge in the inviting and welcoming dining adventure that is The Swedes Bar & Bistro.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Oregon
“The Swedes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My friend's wife and family works there, wonderful place to have a meal and relax! Will return next visit.

Visited December 2012
Palm Springs, California
“Swedes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was one of my favorite restaurants while visiting P.V. It was the only place that I went back twice too. The owner is that all the time and is friendly and greets everyone. We were made to feel very welcomed and enjoyed chatting with all the different people from all over the world who eat here. The food was excellent!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fun evening, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Perched on a small hill, this restaurant has a pretty open terrace dining room. I had chilled gazpacho soup, pork tenderloin stuffed with blackberries, and cobbler for dessert. All delicious! The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Our best meal in Puerto Vallarta, and not too expensive.

Glen Carbon, Illinois
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I found this restaurant by luck , you will find the food flavorful and service excellent and the people there are great...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere