“terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Puerto de Luna All-Suites Hotel

You added Puerto de Luna All-Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Puerto de Luna All-Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Fco Medina Ascencio 2500, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico (Formerly Puerto de Luna All-Suites Resort)   |
Ranked #85 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Guadalajara
“terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

Our room was depressing...it actually made us feel sad. We paid 80 dollars a night and for something closer to 50 dollars I am sure you could get something a lot better. The view from the room: 5,000 liter septic tank. Chocolate M&M's: rat [----] on the floor next to the bed. The whole property is generally in bad condition with paint falling of the walls and the water in the pool felt a little slimy. The bar apparently closes at 4PM which is strange in the first place but we never saw it open at all. We like to sleep in a little on holiday and every morning we were woken up at 9 or 10 by people knocking repeatedly on the door. There was really not anything positive about our stay at all. All in all, I would recommend any clean youth hostel over this hotel. in fact, my car would have done just fine in comparison.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Guadalajara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

We wanted to getaway for a weekend from Saturday to Monday to take advantage of a Mexico holiday (February 2nd), a short vacation for my girl and our 5 years kid.

Initially we talked to a travel agency in Guadalajara to book our room, and they gave us a price (877 pesos). When we finally decided to buy the package with them all of a sudden they changed the price from 877 to 1013 pesos per night per room, saying the hotel confirmed the new price. It was ok for me but at the first point I wonder why they tell you a price and later they change it, I booked the tickets over the phone.

In order to get the tickets I had to get in my car to the agency to pay them myself and get the tickets, they have home delivery but I could not accept mistakes so I went myself for the tickets, the travel was the next day very early.

Yet there on the travel agency on Guadalajara I confirmed my travel details but, oh surprise, they changed the price again from 1013 to 1113 pesos ! after discussing the fact that I'm not a deaf person and that I heard well 1013 over the phone I stopped discussing that bought the tickets but was not that happy with that, all the time they were saying that the Hotel was changing these rates, not them because the hotel was yet full, which was not true whatsoever, a good technique to rise prices I think.

We traveled 5 hours from Guadalajara to Vallarta and arrived about 12:30pm Saturday, even when the checkin is 3:00PM they allowed us to get earlier (a very good detail because I was tired of driving).

Yet there they give you your key and your TV remote, that yes, you must return at check out time, there was no issue with that, the check in process was pretty fast. Actually I could see that the normal price for a night there was 1375, so I felt ok about the 1113 rising price circus I had to experience in the agency.

The room was big, it was the Junior suite kitchened, it had everything so we prepared our food ourselves, two beds one for our kid and one for us. I read a review that the living room has no TV, that's true, but we moved the TV there and plugged it to the cable installation ready, I guess that's is what they expect you to do, move the TV from the room to the living room and every body happy.

There's also a patio where you can wash your clothes if you are in a cheap travel budget or you stay many days.

Our AC, fans, kitchen and all worked fine, the AC is a bit noisy, that's true, but we could sleep ok, the only 'problem' we found was a little aligator (about 1 inch big) walking in the beds, it was funny but we made sure no other 'animals' were there walking everywhere, we had no ants or other stuff like that.

The pool area is ok, but the pool has the same water level in all the pool 1.35cm, is not really for little kids that dont swim, we had to buy a life saver for our kid.

Other thing is that the pool water was cold! the sun at this season doesnt warm the water enough I think and they dont warm the water in the hotel, so you must be very brave to get into there.

Since we prepared our own food we didnt try the restaurant, so I can't give an advice on that, and I didnt wanted to pay too much just to know if that was worthy, one thing that was really funny is that they called our room almost the last hour on the Monday before we left to say that they were contacting us all day to invite us to a free breakfast that was included in our package, that was not true, we didn't receive any call and the package didnt included that as far as we knew, anyway we had our own breakfast at that time (noon), so it was pointless to invite us to a free breakfast, very funny though, who takes the breakfast at noon anyway.

One thing we didnt like is when they did the cleaning they didnt put clean towels back so we had to call TWICE so they can give us clean towels, and I made sure the towels problem got resolved quick because I didnt wanted to be in the middle of the 'oh, the towels are gone, you must pay for them 250 pesos each, two towels' dilema.

We also had the problem with the lady that sells you time shares, but that was across the street, not there in the hotel, and that is true, she is annoying, and you cannot avoid here unless you cross the street in the middle of the boulevard, that's pretty dangerous, we just let her talk all that she wanted and said we didnt have the time anyway.

The beach is not really near, we had to walk through dust and in the middle of a new hotel in construction to get to the beach near a river, I heard the hotel had a promotion to use the hotel across the street beach as part of the Puerto de Luna package using a bracelet or something, that package is not that clear.

We had a good weekend and probably return in future, the experience was ok for us.

• Liked — Rooms are big, kitchen is ok, the junior suite is great.
  • Disliked — There no wireless internet conection, pool level is same all the pool, hotel promotions are not clear enough
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

We knew not to expect much when we booked our stay at this hotel. It was by far the cheapest deal, so of course we knew it would basically be a place to stay with a roof over our heads. And that's pretty much all it was.

One positive thing to say is that our room was clean (even though it got flooded out a few times).

Aside from that...we lost our cable the second day and it didn't come back until the day before we left (we stayed there for 1 week). And they actually make you bring down the TV controller when you check out, as if you plan to take it back home with you. Riiiighht.

Our air conditioning (which was super loud) stopped working one day and it wasn't until the third time we asked the front desk to fix it, that they did. No sense of urgency.

One day we lost a few items at the pool. When we went to the front desk to ask about it, they said they hadn't seen anything. (However, the guys at the pool said they brought it to the front desk.) The front desk told us to ask security - who in turn knew no English and couldn't understand what we were saying. Luckily for us we ran into a guy who spoke both English and Spanish and was able to translate and get our stuff back. Without him, I can guarantee our things would still be "missing".

Our sunglasses were never "found". The front desk said they "think" they saw them - but never had them. They kept telling us to check in with them everyday - but no such luck.

There is a lady that has a desk just off to the side from the front desk. I believe she sells tour packages or time shares or something. She has got to be the most annoying person. We purposely did not buy anything from her. As soon as we arrived she was telling us to come see her. We told her that we would come down later (just to get her off our backs). Within 5 minutes of getting up to our room she called us - and tried making her sales pitch. It's ridiculous. It's like she stalks you. So much for a relaxing vacation!

A few days later I think she FINALLY got the hint we weren't interested in buying anything. While we were up at the front desk checking to see if our sunglasses were found, she kept shouting my name. I chose to ignore her. She then got very defensive and rude and said in a loud, over powering voice "I'm not trying to sell you anything!! I'm trying to help you. You think I'm trying to sell you something, but I'm not!!"

Like what kind of resort/hotel has a person like that?? Puerto de [--] hole!

The restaurant at hotel "Le Terraza" is probably the worst food establishment (if you can call it that) I've ever seen. It seriously made Denny's look like fine dining. We went for breakfast one day and they charged us 95 pesos per person. It was a buffet and I can't even begin to describe the slop they served. Like chopped up wieners and other mystery meats. I thought their omelettes would be the safe route but apparently not. They had absolutely no flavour. Gross! I just wished I ate the mini boxes of dry cereal instead. Oh and their "orange juice" was just "Tang". Definitely worth that money.....

The pool was the only good part of this dump. Without that, this place would be hopeless.

Overall, I think it would be worth it to shell out a few more dollars and stay at another resort. But I guess for $45 Canadian a night you can't really say much.

• Disliked — Where do I start??
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
moses lake,wa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2007

The big $100 food and drink credit is not in american $$.it equels 10.00 in their money..mis-leading ?? travelocity will push you to take the ground transportation through Tukari..RIP OFF !!It was $48.00 for round trip...our plane was late and they didnt wait for us..we got there and had no Tukari...you can take a cab for $5.00 total..each way.The hotel does not have filtered water in the rooms..you have to go buy water to brush your teeth and to make ice..we had a fridge w/o a freezer door so it takes about 48 hours to make ice..if you go to the bar for a glass of ice..you have to pay for it !!! Most of the staff do not speak english..you would think they would have at least one english speaking person around...dinner is buffet and it was pretty good..we left a $2.00 tip and the one english speaking person came up to us and said it was "not big enough tip" !!!!!!!!!!!!! The pushy promotion lady will call you at 8 am to start her daily speach about her promotions..when you tell her your not interested..she tells you she is a single mom with 5 kids and needs the commision !! The best thing about this hotel are the beautiful grounds and they are perfect..not a blade of grass out of place.oh..and you are not exactly across the street from the beach..you are quit far from the beach..you can`t see it and the store at the hotel...never saw it ??

Stayed March 2007
PuertodeLuna, Sales Manager at Puerto de Luna All-Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2007
Thank you for your comments, this will help us to improve our service.

We had a $100 USD resort credit promotion during March, I don't know why you didn't receive it as it was supposed to be, but rest assured that we are already taking care on the issues you had during your stay.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any question or comment.

Carlos Diaz
Sales Manager
carlosdiaz@puertodeluna.com
WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2006

I have very mixed feelings about this hotel.

First. My girlfriend and I decided to go to PV last winter, and wanted to go for an extended stay, our last vacation was 6 days, so we decided on 10 days. Neither one of us are rich by any means so for a 10 day stay, we couldnt really afford a super nice hotel.

I checked this site and found this hotel. From reading the reviews you see anything from great to horrible. I figured it was somewhere in the middle and booked it on expedia.

We booked the Jr Suite Deluxe, one step down from the Master Suite and one above the Jr SUite kitchenette. We arrived and were promptly checked in. A baggage person brought our bags up to our room, 3rd floor. Yes, no elevators, but Im 29 and in ok shape, so its not a big deal. If youre older and cant walk up three flights of stairs, dont stay here.

First bad thing. The description on EXPEDIA IS A LIE!!!! There was no AC in our unit. I figured all of the deluxe units would be the same, I found out that is very untrue. I think every single room is different, some have balconies, some dont, like ours, some have AC, some dont, like ours. Etc. Thus, if you get a room with what it has, great, but if you dont, watch out. The virtual tour is bull too.

Here is where the problems really started though. The next day we got up, did the pool thing(which is like the pics, very nice area) and came back to rest a bit after being in the sun for a few hours, and in the bedroom, all along the wall by our beds where your head is, there was a line of ANTS!!! 100s of them all along the wall. They were coming from a window in the room that didnt shut all of the way.

We went to the gigante down the street, VERY CONVIENIENT LOCATION, and bought some raid. I figured if I doused the window and the wall, it would be ok. I did so, and everything was fine that night after coming back from dinner and such. The next morning we woke up to a wall full of ANTS!! again! THis time there were even more! Gross!

Im not one who is going to go to the front desk and whine about every single little thing wrong with the place, as Ive read here, but I think this warranted a discussion with the front desk. However, I waited til the next night after again spraying the room and wall and window with Raid. Went to dinner the next night, Night 3, came back and it was unbearable, all over all of the walls, it was amazing. Id never seen anything like it. Then a couple of little lizards ran across the floor, and my girlfriend had had it. I called the front desk, at 10pm no less, and they actually moved us to another room. However, it was one downgrade to the Kitchenette, not the full kitchen.

However, that room was great. IT had an AC,mini fride, sink, coffee maker, cupboards, the description on expedia says two bathrooms, LOL, umm NOT!!

It also had a little living room, as had the other place, with some hard uncomfortable couches, which we never used. The bathroom was much cleaner, and NO WINDOWS in the wall to alllow ants. The rest of our stay in that room was cool. TV worked fine, got a few english channels that showed AMerican movies, rest in spanish, which I dont speak.

Like I said, its hit or miss with this hotel. If you get a great room, the price makes it very worth it, but if you dont, You will HATE your vacation.

On to the rest of the place. The location is ok. No restaurants within walking distance, that kinda sucked. Bus ride downtown is only 4.5 pesos, which is like 50 cents, and is only 10 mins, so thats pretty cool, you just walk to the front of the place, cross the street and they come every few mins usually. Or you can take a taxi for about 5 bucks, again, not too bad IMO.

The Pool area again was very nice, however when we were there, there were quite a few others and they lack enough chairs IMO. We had to skip a day or two at the pool as a result.

You might have read about the "timeshare" lady at the front desk area. ANNOYING!! She kept asking us to come to breakfast presentation at the restaurant, etc. As someone said, you find yourself sneaking past the front desk area, as its very open aired, hoping she doesnt see you. We finally gave in and said we'd go after being there a few days, and then she asked if we had a credit card. We did, but I LIED, knowing that if we didnt have a CC they didnt want us there anyways. So, if youre in PV and get hasseled for a Timeshare, tell them you dont have a credit card. They will leave you alone.

The restaurant sucks. No offense, the food isnt very good, the coffee is terrible. We ate lunch there once and breakfast once and hated it both times. Dont waste your time eating at hotels in PV, there are tons of EXCELLENT restaurants dowtown that serve all sorts of foods.

PV on a whole is excellent. We loved it. Very friendly people, lots of places to eat, excellent scenery, not too crowded. Only complaint are the timeshare people downtown constantly bothering you, you just ignore them, but it gets annoying bigtime when you walk past them alot. The "malecon" downtown is the place to be. Lots of bars, restuarants and clubs. Also go to the old town across the river. Best place for breakfast is Freddie Tucans in Old Town. Nice guy, plenty of space, good food. Not expensive.

If youre a vodka drinker, better have the cash available. 7 dollars a shot!!! I drink Vodka on the rocks, so a double on the rocks was 14 freaking dollars everywhere. Beer is cheap though.

Overall it was a fun time, once we got into a room that was nicer, yet we paid for the better version supposedly. I didnt bother asking for a refund as once you ask for something out of the norm, they all of a sudden cant understand english very well.

As stated, if youre thinking about this hotel, its hit or miss. Id almost suggest Jr Kitchenette instead of the Jr. Suite. w/ full kitchen. Again, the pics on expedia arent what we stayed in originally. There was no TV in an entertainment center in the living room, so hanging out in the living room was pretty pointless when youre trying to relax and just watch the tube.

If youre looking for a quiet place though, and a cheap place, if there arent any ANTS all over the room, its worth it. Although, when I come back, which I am, Im staying more towards downtown or Old PV, as thats right where the action is.

I guess overall, I cannot recommend this place, unless youre really cheap or if you feel you might get lucky with a tolerable unit. Good luck if you do...

Im open to emails with questions too about anything Puerto Vallarta I might be able to aide in...

Jason

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2006

My daughter & I shared a room for a week in Feb/06 at this little oasis amidst the hustle & bustle of the huge hotels. The rooms were clean, cool & quiet with no worry of leaving the patio doors open day or night. The pool was very clean & the surrounding beautiful lawns & gardens were immaculate. The little resturant had nice light meals & would bring it to you at poolside if you asked. There was a huge grocery store 2 blocks away (kind of like Wall Mart) The bus stop was a half block where you could go anywhere in the city for 45 pesos. Walking downtown took approx. an hour and it was safe to do so. Access to the beach was just across the road & thru a hotel, but returning to the Puerto de Luna really was an oasis.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

I booked this hotel via Expedia for a wedding that my husband, my in-laws, and I were to stay at. It was NOTHING like I expected. The amenities that they list for this hotel are non-existent. We were not impressed what so ever. The first night we were there, we had a gas leak from our stove. They did fix it, though. The entire first night we were there the fridge made this terrible noise. We told the front desk about it, but it was never fixed. We ended up unplugging it during the night. Also, bring your own pillow!!! The pillows were washed several times and were as hard as rocks!! The grounds facing the pool are very nice, but our balcony looked out onto a dirt lot. We also did not have a working television the entire time. We also had no phone, in order to have phone service, we were told to pay $20. Yes, it was cheap and cheap it was!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Puerto de Luna All-Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!