“Wonderful service and perfect getaway beach!” 5 of 5 stars

126 Calle Sagitario | Playa Conchas Chinas, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Special Offer
5th & 7th Night Free
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful service and perfect getaway beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

So much to say about the Quinta Maria! It is a wonderful property, with so much charm and attention taken to make each room unique. Luis was a great asset to make reservations and make suggestions. We stayed in two of the room Guadalupe and Maxmiliano. Both were wonderful. We had some difficulties staying in Maxmiliano at the end of October beginning of November because of the humidity. The breakfast was fantastic and we met lots of interesting couples during our week stay. The location is wonderful, close enough to downtown to walk but far enough to be more remote. Will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Guadalupe is fully air conditioned if that is important to you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We have been traveling to QMC since 1997 & we have never been disappointed in the superb level of quality accommodations. Consistency is of the utmost importance when you are returning to the same destination year after year, and the owners & staff are determined to make your every wish come true. What more could you ask for. You will not need to stay anywhere else. We even thought of buying property here in Puerto Vallarta but there's no way we would ever be able to recreate this paradise. We will be back for years to come!

• Stayed October 2011
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

The photos do not do this place justice!!! This place is a wonderful escape from it all. The breakfast in the morning was fabulous. The staff are so friendly and helpful!!! This is the perfect place to escape and relax!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are great here, I looked at all of them. Some are bigger than others and some...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

The Quinta Maria Cortez is a small, oceanfront property in a beautiful setting just south of the old center city of PV.
The property offers the convenience of a well run bed and breakfast (the breakfast is very good and cooked to order) with the privacy of an apartment. The staff, overseen by longtime General Manager Jose is very attentive when needed yet repectful of privacy.
This trip was a return visit for me, my partner and I stayed in the Maria Suite. Each floor has a different suite done in with tasteful style, our suite had a large outdoor living room with a decorative fireplace, piano, and a kitchen/bar area. In my prior visit I had stayed in the bound floor unit situated right on the sand, I never wanted to leave the room!
If you are looking for a very tasty spot in a charming setting this place is hard to beat.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out all the different suites on the Quinta Maria website as each room is furnished...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

After deciding on a weekend trip to PV, my partner had suggested we stay at the Quinta Maria Cortez. I was skeptical at first, but given that he had stayed here on prior occasions I knew it had to be good.

We stayed in the Maria Suite and it was absolutely fantastic; clean, spacious, gorgeous views. The property feels very private and almost like you’re at your own beach side villa. The staff were all very pleasant and very attentive without being overbearing. In addition to the delicious breakfast each morning I thought it was a particularly nice touch when the staff would set up beach chairs and umbrellas for guests.

If you’re looking for a place to relax and decompress, this is THE place to do it.

My only complaint was there was a wedding party (emphasis on the party-all day, all night) that booked the property next door the entire duration of our stay. I understand some people come to Mexico looking for Senior Frogs and foam parties, but they should go to and stay in Tijuana.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed at Quinta Maria for a week in September and had an absolutely wonderful time. I vacationed at Quinta Maria's sister property, Casa Tres Vidas, 2 years ago with a group of 8 and had a spectacular vacation. At that time, we toured Quinta Maria and I vowed to come back and try it out. I am soooo glad I did. I stayed in the Anna Gabriella suite and it was everything I could have asked for and more. Beautiful room with 2 balconies overlooking the ocean. Breakfasts were to die for and the service from all staff was attentive and personal. I was looking for some rest and relaxation and truly found that here. I often had the beach in front of Quinta Maria to myself and I powered through several books, while enjoying a sense of security with the presence and sense of being looked out for by the staff which was so appreciated as a single woman travelling by myself on this vacation. I walked into Puerto Vallarta daily and found the 20 minute walk easily manageable although better done in running shoes than flipflops. Can't say enough about this property and will definitely return to both Quinta Maria and Casa Tres Vidas. Particularly want to thank Roberto who was so mindful of the little things that made this vacation so effortless and enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Overall excellent experience. Secluded beach, priceless charm, great staff and perfect place for those seeking more than a "chain" can deliver.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Quinta Maria Cortez? Share your experiences!