“Loved It” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta

You added Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av de las Garzas 3, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
35% off room rate
Ranked #62 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
california
“Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

My huband brother and sister in law went on a 4 day getaway at this fabulous resort. All I can say is wow. This is our 3rd time there and it was great.

We flew in made it through the time share sharks grabbed a cab and were on our way to paradise.

Once we got there we were greated with warm smiles a cool towel and a fruity drink. Then up to the room we went. We had an ocean front room. I loved listening to the ocean and watching the sky light up in the midst of the tropical storm. Awe paradise

The food was good. We ate mostly at the bella vista and the poolside grill. Not 5 star but they were acomodating and it hit the spot. I went across the street to the Majestic for a massage.. wow was that wonderful. For 1/2 the price of the spa at the resort i got an amazing full body hour massage.. it was nice.

Bennie, Elisa, Viviana all worked hard at making us comfortable. The staff was incredible. We tipped often... they worked hard and we wanted to show our apprecaition for their efforts.

We had a fabulous time and cannot wait to go back. 4 days in paradise was just what was needed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

When my wife and I arrived at this resort, the staff was friendly and met us with a drink. Check-in was not difficult but had to wait 2 hours before our room was ready. Being a Deluxe Ocean View room, it was terrible. Very small with the bare necessities: out of date and needed cleaning. No ice box, small out of date tv with hispanic channels mostly, maybe 2 english channels. The picture on the wall was hanging out of the frame. Thousands of sugar ants in the rooms!! Our balcony faced two palm trees and to the right, you see the kiddy resort next door. (sister resort) but connected to the adult resort so they can walk through easily which they did. Kids all over the beach and in the hallways. I was told this was all adult resort. Seen more kids here. The restaurants you shared with the sister resorts and the food was terrible!! At all the restaurants. Room service was fair but when the waiter brought the food in on a wooden tray, you had to run off the ants which was on the tray.!! Oh also the Geico on the tray!! If you wanted to eat at the buffet or the Japanese restaurant you had to go to the kids resort and eat with the kids where they were allowed to come in and out as they pleased whether it be through the open windows or straight from the pool soaking wet and grab what they wanted from the food bar.The pool was very small. I considered it a "wading pool". The woud not even aqsk you if you wanted a drink you had to get it yourself. And the pool entertainment consisted of pool volleyball or a ten minute salsa dance lesson. The beach was dirty and vendors everywhere. The nightly entertainment is across the street at club Nitro so if it rains be prepared to get wet. Thats if you even want to go.Nightly Entertainment consisted of "Fantasia" , (kids), Finding Nemo, Mexican Fiesta (which is not what you think, its just a family show for kids too),Game Night (kids) The best Entertainment we saw was when five hispanic ladies were trying to sing "coo-coo-raah-cha with pespi in their mouth!! Alot of people got sprayed. We then left!!. This resort was rated a 4 1/2 star. I rate it a 1 star..by far , this has got to be the worst vacation we've been on. The location was in the low district. The amenities were terrible.The best thing I liked about this trip was the boardwalk and leaving!!!!! Will never go back!!!!!

Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed at the resort the first week of August. Going to Mexico in the summer may not seem like a bright idea to some, but we wanted to get away and try something different. The Gold Crown was recommended by our travel agent as an adults all inclusive and we were glad we went there. The screaming babies we heard for 12 hours on the flights more than made up for it. The heat and humidity was intense, every day was sunny and every night was a thunderstorm and downpour. The clothes sticking to your skin needs some getting used to.
The resort is conveniently located near the marina pier where you go to catch most of your purchased tours and bus stop near the "Peter Piper Pizza" (which we took twice downtown to the Malecon - take the "Centro" there, and the "Walmart" or "Marina Vallarta" bus back which you can catch on Juarez street - it's a bargain 6.5 pesos compared to a 12 dollar US cab ride). At the pier you must pay a 15 peso port tax in order to enter the terminal area, but walking there and back takes only a few minutes, you don't need to take a cab. We saw the cruise ships come and go which was cool!
Because it was summer, the hotel was running at only 54% capacity which meant lots of room available near and in the pool and it was very quiet with no kids around. The pool is closed at 10 pm every night which on one hand was too soon because at that time of night it was still as warm as a bathtub and you could enjoy a swim without frying in the hot sun. On the other hand it was not too soon as a few couples tried to take advantage of the dark by trying to have sex in it. By the way you can see everything from the balconies as the pools are lit underwater...ewwww I definitely liked the pool better prior to witnessing that!!!
Restaurants: we stuck to the Bella Vista for breakfast and lunch. Enrique always was in a great mood... If you don't see something you like on the menu, or want to change something up, the staff do their utmost to accommodate you. The food was tasty and had a good daily variety and a number of choices. For supper we went to Salvadors as we loved the food and the service. Romeo was great. Beware the sexy coffee - its a fantastic show but I'm still suffering with burned lips from the fire toasted sugared glass... We spent a whole bunch of time at the beach (sushi) bar, sitting in the shade and watching the ocean. The sushi and seafood cocktail were great by the way. And yes the vendors were there, but they were not disrespectful, knew where they were permitted to stand and a couple "no gracias" and they would move on. I did buy a fire opal pendant and earrings from Roger and no they weren't fake silver and I'm happy with them. I bought a couple cute straw cowboy hats from Joel for $15 US each, which was a much fairer price than the $28 they were asking for at the pier.
It's nice that this all inclusive hotel offers 24 hr room service but it really needs to be speedier. It was consistently slow and we waited almost an hour for 4 glasses of beer and tortilla chips.
The rooms looked like they were an older hotel, although kept clean an the hotel was making an effort to paint and tidy things up. The travel agent and various sites have this resort listed as a 4 start but I would have to say it is a 3 to 3.5. It is truly the staff who make this place a 5 star! They go out of their effort to please and you can see them joking around with each other on the job and looking very happy to be there. It's always nice to be at a hotel where the employees enjoy being there too.
Yes the bed is hard, but we prefer a firm bed so we were OK. The pillows are the size of couch cushions so if a proper pillow is a necessity, buy one at the Walmart nearby or use your travel pillow.
It is only a few minutes walk to a large "Soriana" - Sobey's style grocery store. Buy your liquor there to take home as its much cheaper than the duty free at the airport. They also have tshirts, hats and souvenirs there too.
What is also nice is the hospitality room the hotel has near the bellman (hi Francisco!!) which gave you the opportunity to lounge, watch tv, or shower in an air conditioned room before your airport pickup. The airport is only about 10 minutes away and our Westjet rep was so kind as to call first to see how long the lines were at the airport so we could stay at the resort as long as possible. Thanks Jacobeth!
The prices downtown for some of the items are pretty steep and comparable to what you would pay for silver jewellery at home so in that respect I was disappointed.
We did the Rhythms of the Night tour which I paid for online at home at a cheaper rate than purchasing there. It was a great show and a fantastic meal. Hard to think you could be sitting in the middle of a jungle watching the toads hop around and having fine dining, but it works!!
This was the most relaxing vacation I have ever been on. Just being able to sit on the beach with a book and a cold drink is the best therapy! Not sure when we would be back to PV, but I would stay here again.

Forest Park
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

This was my second time at this hotel. i enjoyed myself so much the first time, I thought I would go back. BIG mistake!
check in was slow, room was nice a liitle dirty and housekeeping was still cleaning when the bellmen took me up at 16:20. nice ocean view/pool view.
food was fair mostly tasteless, reservations were not hard to get but did favor the time share folks. service was very poor.
beach was nice but too many vendors that were rude and pushy.
pool was clean. chairs were plentiful, games and entertainment was fun but not too in your face.
bar service and food service was the worst I have ever had. I tried to tip to improve the service but nothing helped. drinks are watered down, beer was warm
security was mean, if arm band was not visible at all times they would grab you tell me I can't be here ( I had one of the hotels towels over my wrist)
this type of activity happened 3 times in the six days I was at the hotel.
I was very sorry I stayed there. I had such a good time the last time I was there.
Live and learn

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We were surprised at how awesome this resort was since the price was so reasonable. I would definitely recommend to friends and family.

This resort has amazing service with friendly and helpful staff. We missed the first night of our reservation due to a missed flight and the resort did not hesitate to extend our reservation another night to make up for it. They could have charged us for the missed night but didnt. The room was very nice with a king size bed and an ocean view.

The food was amazing!! Not only was there 24 hour room service but two very upscale restaurants which required a dress code. Men need pants and closed toed shoes to dine at them and you do not want to miss out on these amazing restaurants. In addition to the restaurants there were multiple snack bars with really good hot sandwiches, pizza, nachos, etc. The alcohol was top shelf as well and the bartenders and servers are friendly and always ready to refill your beach drink, etc.

The only downside to the resort is the beach vendors. The resort had great cabanas set up, and I like to read on the beach so I found the constant beach vendors to be distracting and annoying. My boyfriend didnt mind them at all though. I did end up buying a ring I like though. EIther way, the resort pool is huge and wonderful so if you get sick of the vendors you can just go up to the pool.

Victoria, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed here mainly because of the golf package, and our travel agent had stayed there and said it was good, as long as we got the right room, and didn't have excessively high expectations. The first room they showed us was noisy and had two twin beds, which was not what we had asked for, so a switch ensued, which was fine. The food was fine, and the restaurants good, although you had to get there early to make your booking for the night, or you had to take what was left in terms of time for dinner. The little cabana things we sat in under the beach were good, though you had to get out early to get a good one. The pool was unpleasantly warm - to cool off we had to go into the ocean and then shower off. THe beach vendors were numerous, but not aggressive, so that was bearable.

Overall the food was good, and the drinks were good. The fitness centre was tiny but surprisingly well-equipped. THe best thing of all was the golf package, with three good courses we could play, all of which were excellent - you had to take a taxi, and for two of the courses it was about a twenty minute taxi ride.

We would go back, mainly because of the golf package, but if it were just the resort, we might have second thoughts.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Partlow, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed at the Golden Crown for our honeymoon. Oceanview was beautiful. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the freedom of all inclusive choices. Janet, the activities coordinator was so sweet, and kept our pool side activities as well as nightlife fun and fullfilled. Pablo was a fabulous waiter and we missed saying goodbye before we left. Thank you to all the staff that helped make our honeymoon a very memorable experience. I would reccomend this resort to all seeking freedom from crying babies and splashing kids in the pool. Adults only was fabulous. We have already been recruiting our friends for another trip. Of course thats after we bring our kids. I reccomend paying for all excursions in advance if possible. It can be a little costly. Take the Pirate cruise you will love it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!