“Amazing!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av de las Garzas 3, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #59 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Partlow, Virginia
“Amazing!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed at the Golden Crown for our honeymoon. Oceanview was beautiful. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the freedom of all inclusive choices. Janet, the activities coordinator was so sweet, and kept our pool side activities as well as nightlife fun and fullfilled. Pablo was a fabulous waiter and we missed saying goodbye before we left. Thank you to all the staff that helped make our honeymoon a very memorable experience. I would reccomend this resort to all seeking freedom from crying babies and splashing kids in the pool. Adults only was fabulous. We have already been recruiting our friends for another trip. Of course thats after we bring our kids. I reccomend paying for all excursions in advance if possible. It can be a little costly. Take the Pirate cruise you will love it.

1,371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

When my friend and I first arrived at Golden Crown, our bell boy was very helpful and nice. Once we got to our room, I pulled the covers back on the bed and there were tiny ants all over the sheets. Thank goodness my friend packed bug spray b/c the hotel was not concerned about the issue. Our AC in our room was broken when we arrived in our room, as well. I'm glad they were concerned about this issue, and someone came and fixed it pretty soon after we called about it. The food was horrible. We made reservations or ate at the sister hotel for every meal. The people from the flea markets will not leave you alone EVER!!! They constantly whistle at you...even when you are laying by the pool. You guys should control this and get these people off the beach!! Pretty much ruined the whole trip! So annoying!! There's never a moment of peace and quiet at the pool either b/c the hotel blares music and there's obnoxious loud people playing sports in the pool, so you can never get in for a leisurely swim. Plus, not all of us are Mexicans...Americans enjoy American music....you should cater to all of your guests!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

First the hotel is nice, no complaints about the room.
The food was excellent I ate at the outdoor restaurant that doesnt require reservations and the mexican specialties were great. Props to the chicken enchiladas, marlin fish tacos and the pasta. Service here was very good as well

I guess my complaint with the hotel is that its an adult only - and most of the adults dont want to do anything but lay around the pool.

The music they play around the pool and at breakfast is nauseating, elevator music.

It would be nice if it could pump some life into this place.

4 stars to the hotel staff etc
0 stars to the lifeless guests that stayed there

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

our first time in PV was nearly ruined by this hotel! The hotel was dirty, outdated and very much misrepresented by the pics on the hotel website. Our bathroom smelled like sewage and the furnace had mold built up inside. The tv in our room didn't even have a remote! The food was gross- even our soda was warm and flat. This hotel nearly ruined our vacation and my fiance and I called our travel agent right after dinner to switch hotels. I was ready to pack my bags to go home!

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

A pretty good all inclusive, with the exception of the food, particularly room service which could have been better. Food was not bad, just not outstanding. The drinks were strong and tasty and bar staff and servers were great and attentive. Rooms were clean and well served, we had booked an ocean view, but received a free upgrade to a great ocean front unit with an amazing view. Location, right by the marina is good. Good value for money, although we booked as a last minute special online for about half the regular rate.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Thanks to TripAdvisor I knew what to expect and I'm glad that I stayed here. GCP has so much to offer, I see why so many people return year after year. It's a very comfortable hotel, although the vendors on the beach are very aggressive and far too many of them. The location is excellent for many of the local attractions. The bed was hard, but if you're tired enough, sleeping will be easy. Service throughout was very good, clean room, except for the ants, but not a bad problem. Salvadors and Paradise are very good restaurants and of course the sexy coffee is a must. The Malecon area is another must, The Blue Shrimp and Bubba Gumps for outside dinning. I was told later that the hotel was suppose to give discount coupons for outside dinning. I did find out until it was too late. Shopping around the area was very good, between the vendors, shopping mall, Walmart, The malecon, very enjoyable and safe. I did not exchange dollars for pesos, and never had any trouble anywhere. I had an ocean front king with balcony, excellent views and my wife and I saw the cruise ships leaving the nearby marina. It's not a very big resort, but we kept ourselves very busy throughout the week stay. I loved the fact that this hotel had room service, other all-inclusive didn't have that feature. Although it rained almost everyday, we still had a good time in P.V. I must admit, I thought the waters would be none swimmer friendly, but I thought wrong. Don't expect Cancun waters here. All in all, I would not mind staying at The Golden Crown Paradise Resort again.

california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

We stayed at the Golden Crown Paradise resort from 6/29-7/3, when we first arrived they didn't have the room that I had booked which was an oceanview king room and instead got stuck in a room located right by the beach bar so we couldn't open our curtain nor enjoy the view, so the next day we were moved to the 6th floor to an ocean view king room...much better and awesome view. The room never really got cooled off by the A/C so made sleeping at night uncomfortable.

Room Service was horrible one night we tried to order a couple glasses of wine to be told we couldn't get any wine after 11pm, never heard of such a thing. Next night the head maitre'd got us a bottle of wine to enjoy in our room that evening. We had room service one morning for breakfast and it was very bland much better breakfast at Bella Vista much better choices.

Went to Nitro one night for the magic show it was cute.

Had a couples massage done at the spa across the street great value 2 for $55 and the massage was incredible..a must do.

Paradise was our favorite restaurant loved the variety of the food. Wine was ok just the house wine nothing too exciting. You get one free meal from the sister hotel next door we ate at the French restaurant it was excellent.

Bars...loved the beach bar and the different options for lunch...make your own pizza, sushi and ceviche. Asked for Tangery gin and they didn't have it but did have Bombay.
This hotel is not a high quality hotel but not bad for the price

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!