“Great! Had an awesome time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta

You added Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av de las Garzas 3, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #61 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Littleton, Colorado
“Great! Had an awesome time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We did a quick weekend trip to this resort so I am no expert, but wanted to share my experiences. We arrived at the airport and trekked across the pedestrian bridge to eat at Tacon de Marlin-our fave first stop in Vallarta. From across the bridge a city cab costs $100 pesos to the GCP. The ride to GCP was quick, maybe 10 minutes max. Upon arrival we handed the driver $200 peso bill and he got in his cab and sped away. Hmmm, no change? Still $200 pesos is less than the airport cab and we didn’t want to start our vacation in a bad mood so we let it go. Check in was slow due to an extremely large group that had arrived just before us-no one’s fault. The guy who checked us in was about ready to get off work and he was not very pleasant. He was super busy, super distracted, on the phone, dealing with people who kept coming up to ask him questions, I get it. We tried to be friendly and get him to crack a smile but it never happened. Our room “wasn’t ready” (it was probably 4:00pm) so they sent us to chat with the “information desk” for 20 minutes. I hear this is a time share pitch, but either way we politely declined the chat and went to the bar. People, just smile and say no thanks, we don’t need any information right now. We can be polite and say no at the same time. When we went back to the front desk after ½ hour our room was ready and the guy gave us all our safe key, tv remote, room keys, and we headed off to drop our bags. I said to my BF on the way to the room, huh, no towel cards… I am so glad we don’t have to deal with towel cards! (More on this later-they do have a towel card system, so make sure you get your towel cards and more importantly-RETURN THEM).
Our room -1407- was GREAT, smallish but very clean, AWESOME view of the ocean and pool, decent toiletries, nice tile throughout, huge sliding glass doors, comfy bed, (or was that the booze?). When we were taken to our room, Francisca was there doing the final straightening and the guy who took us up called her “Panchis” a cute nickname. So we called her that too. She was super sweet, did a GREAT job on our room and was always smiling.
Food ranged from OK to really yummy. Service was the same-ranging from alright to fantastic. The bar service tended to be amazing, the food service was average to sometimes really slow, just like in real life.  We went to the Club Side one morning for the breakfast buffet and to be honest, between my hangover and the buffet setting, I wanted to go back to the Golden side right away. We have already booked a family trip to the Club this fall with our own sweet kiddos so I will be in kid mode then, this time, not so much.
In town-We walked for 2 minutes up to the main road and took the bus to the malecon. There is a drink (non-alcoholic) they sell on the malecon called “tuba” made from the palm flower (or something like that). They serve it from a big gourd looking thing, very yummy and refreshing with diced apples and walnuts in the drink. Not sure if it’s just seasonal but if you see it, TRY it!! We visited in July-so, so good. Also, we went to Cheeky Monkey on the malecon for cheap beers ($1/US each), great views and awesome staff! Go say hi, they are a great time! Note-during LOW SEASON, they only serve beer-no food, no margs, no mixed drinks, just beer and the view. We also ate a sidewalk table at this little place called Huaraches and had awesome Mexican style shrimp cocktail – coctel de camaron. From the table we did all of our shopping from the vendors strolling by. Also we love the restaurant Tacon de Marlin across from the airport as previously mentioned. Run over there on your next trip after you check in for your flight home, it’s better and much less expensive than the airport food and drink selections-plus you can take your food through security. Or go after you arrive in PV and get the cheaper cab if you don’t have too many bags.
This was our first time to an adults-only resort and we were very happy with our trip. This is not a hedonism resort, it’s predominantly couples and kid free family groups. There are lots of honeymooners, lots of anniversary celebrations, lots of good people going to relax and have fun. I have read complaints about obnoxious groups of drunken people, we didn’t see this while we were there, probably just luck of the draw. The BEST things about this resort are the SUNSETS at the beach bar, and quite frankly, the other guests. We met some super fun couples and had a blast!
We were there for a very short period of time and we never made it to the beach or the pool. We went to town a lot and the one day we were headed to the pool we stopped at the beach bar to grab a drink first and never left because we met some awesome friends there and partied straight through our dinner reservation. Woopsies.
Sooo… back to the towel cards. Upon check out we were asked for our towel cards-by the same man that checked us in. The ones we never received and never used. I thought to myself, I knew I should have double checked! He accused us of losing them and said we had to pay (I think $25/US for each- $50 total). I tried to remain calm and professional. I know people probably lose their cards all the time and say the same thing we said, we never received them. But in our case it was the truth. We kind of had a stand-off, and I asked for a manager and eventually he just let us go. I swear he really thought we lost them, we really never got them. Blah, blah, blah. It all worked out in the end.
We would definitely go back! Don’t be scared of the bad reviews, it’s great. There were a couple of little annoying things that happened but nothing that we couldn’t work out. When we return in the fall with our family I know we will be sad not to be able to visit the adults only side… but as always we will treat people the way we want to be treated, be polite and make the best of our precious free time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Katarina P, Community Manager at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Hello littleh,

We are pleased to know that you had a great stay while at the Golden Crown Paradise.
As your first adult-only resort experience we’re glad we fulfilled your expectations. Our desire is that all our guest enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and return home completely rested.
I see that you found your room quite comfortable and were impressed with the views, and also appreciate you mentioning how great Francisca’s service has been.
We apologize for any misunderstandings that have occurred that might have inconvenienced you, we will share your comments with our Front Desk staff to make sure all the necessary details are covered during the check - in process.

It is wonderful to hear you’ll be back with your family this fall to our family resort next door, I hope you have a lot of fun and if if I can be of any help in arranging your stay please feel free to contact me directly.

Warm regards,
Katarina P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I can't say anything bad. Service was very attentive. Couldn't believe the noise level...non - existent. The food on the adult only side was nice, but on the club side, very good. It was noisy due the the families, but they had traditional dishes on their buffet that I make at home. If you are used to tex mex, you might be disappointed. It's not that. The only negative is the countless vendors. They are very persistent. The very best of this resort is the sunset. It was beautiful every night we were there. I'm ready to go back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Katarina P, Community Manager at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hello johnrios1975,

Thank you for sharing your great trip review with others, and thank you for thinking of us for your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Come back soon to enjoy the beautiful sunset from our resort!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have been to this resort 5 times and we're always treated well as returning guests. This time was not the case. No recognition for our loyalty. They gave away our room. Mr Antonio was rude and argumentative to my wife. His customer skills are lacking. The staff, Antonia, Christian, Daniel and Paolo were great. The girls at the front desk have no clue. We will come back to the city we love but not this resort.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear David J,

Personalized service is something we take great pride in offering each and every single one of our guests and we are deeply sorry to hear that we fell short of this during your stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to ensure such missteps do not happen in the future.

We appreciate your loyalty and hope that despite the disappointments of stay you will visit us again in future, so that we may have an opportunity to redeem ourselves and restore your faith in us.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that we'll have another chance to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. Please feel free to contact me directly, as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your pre-arrival requests.

Kind regards,
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I don't know if the other people that wrote reviews stayed at the same place I did but this resort was terrible. The food was gross and restaurants were hardly open. Customer service was ok at times but sometimes I felt they were racist. One of the ladies at the front desk was rude. Wifi wasn't free which is ridiculous. I've stayed at many resorts in Mexico and this is the worst by far. I won't go back if you paid me.

• Stayed July 2014
Katarina P, Community Manager at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Britt8699,

Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We are terribly sorry that we did not live up to expectations during your stay. We apologize that our service levels were not up to par and can assure you we're using all of our guests' feedback to make improvements. We have shared these issues with our front desk team and will ensure we are improving the level of service we provide.

Please feel free to contact me if you would care to further discuss your stay. Thank you for your comments.

Community Manager
Sutherlin, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We booked our vacation through Costco Travel for 8 nights 9 days at the Golden Crown Paradise in Puerto Vallarta. We selected an Ocean View room, Queen, Non-smoking. We got an Ocean front room, King, Non-Smoking. Room was clean, everything worked, bed was okay (but I sleep on a $2,500 bed, so...). We didn't spend every day at the hotel and were gone a lot on excusions and sightseeing. But when we were there, we had excellent service. From Juan (our favorite waiter from Bella Vista) to our favorite bartender, Carlos, in the Pub, to sweet Maricruz in the concierge's office...we were always well taken care of. We ate in both Paradise and Salvadores and the service and food were amazing. And yes, the sexy coffee is a "must". Paradise's mussels are delicious and the guacamole and chips in Bella Vista became a staple for us. Also had the best smoked pork chops down at Bella Vista. Enjoyed the buffets and the extensive options and liked the fact I could order things not on the menu. Any request could be accomodated. My only criticism is that the tuna steak was overcooked at Paradise (even though I ordered rare), and I know I could have sent it back and asked for another, but I chose not to. Not a big deal. The pool was awesome and the cabanas were a nice oasis from the sun. The property is immaculately clean and while this is an older property, there is still so much pride in how the property is maintained. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and we enjoyed ourselves so much.

Room Tip: 1709 has an awesome view and is on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Katarina P, Community Manager at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hello nic p,

Thank you for taking the time to share such compliments about our team and property.
It is a pleasure to hear that you found our hotel so accommodating and our staff so friendly.
I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team and, in particular Juan, Carlos and Maricruz, who will be pleased to hear that they were instrumental in providing an exceptional experience for you. We greatly appreciate such high praise as well as your choice to stay at our hotel.

Everyday we make it a point to try and exceed guest expectations so it is an honor to have had the opportunity to host you and we certainly hope to see you again!

Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

terrible food , terrible rooms, old wore out hotel needs work , no one really cares , some of the staff did care , Antonia at pool side bar , Daniel at check in and moving us to another room he was great , we have been to many places this was truly the worst , we were told our room was no smoking and the smell came through the air conditioning , i did not get what i paid, a non smoking king room and i got sick , they then offered us a non smoking 2 doubles ? no not what i paid for he then gave us room 2609 antonio manager thinking he did us a favor , and omg the smell of sewer, toilet kept running,dresser drawer broken , but we were sick of moving and couldnt be bothered but you get what you pay for . They also advertize no large groups what a load of crap ! 70 graduates all it was loud , roudy and sickening ! this hotel feels they can do whatever they want and no one is ever held accountable and so sad that expedia.ca works with this type of hotel ? money before people ? SAVE YOUR MONEY MUCH NICER PLACES TO STAY if this was a 4 star holy what does a 1 star look like ?

Room Tip: the top floor way quieter , looks to us the front end room may have the best views and the sounds of...
Dear Screaming11,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I was very sorry to hear of the disappointments you experienced and sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations.
We have many different types of travelers who stay with us and we try to make each guest have a great experience with us. We apologize whole-heartedly that you experienced a bit of a juggling act to find a room that suited your needs. We are quite disappointed that you left unhappy. We’ll keep your comments in mind for refresh opportunities, service improvements, and accommodation changes.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to Puerto Vallarta in the future.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Our friends booked an adults only week for 9 of us. We would definitely visit again. The hotel staff was outstanding! We were continually checked on, the activities in the pool were fun, amenities were close to the pool. The hotel rooms are older, but didn't mind. We came to Puerto Vallarta to enjoy the outdoors.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello 73Vaca,

Thank you for your great review! We are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Katarina P

Been to Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!