We stayed at the Golden Crown Paradise May 15 to May 22. We flew out of Toronto on WestJet (great flight). My husband had emailed the hotel prior to us coming and he had written that we were coming to celebrate my 40th birthday. Paula in Public Relations at the hotel responded to him with an upgrade to a "honeymoon" suite. We arrived after 3:00pm and taken to our room. For our first night we had a standard room on the 7th floor facing the pool and the bay. They had decorated the bed with fresh flower petals and there was a bottle of chilling champagne awaiting our arrival. The next day they moved us to one of the honeymoon suites with an indoor jacuzzi. This was on the ground floor, ocean front.
Both were great rooms, clean and quite large. AC worked very well.
This was a wonderful hotel, with attentive, prompt service. They really went above and beyond. We ate at Salvadors and the Paradise restaurants that you require reservations for. It is very painless here to make reservations. At other resorts you wait in long lines only to find that you can't get into the restaurant you'd like. Here you go to the beach towel/entertainment hut after 9:30 in the morning, look over the menus and choose what restaurant and what time you'd like your seating. Try the sexy coffee. Both of these restaurants prepare this, but the Paradise has Poly and he does do a great job. The food is really really good, smaller portions (which is a good thing) but they really want you to eat so they will make suggestions or just bring you more food. The mahi mahi grilled sandwiches at the breeze bar and the suishi there in the evenings is terrific. We tried room service for breakfast 3 mornings just to sit on our balcony and enjoy the view from our room. We didn't make it to the Factory Club for any of the shows - we sat in the breeze bar and met new friends.
We did the snorkelling at Marietas Island. It was too rough to snorkel but the day excursion was really nice. We also did the "rhythm of the night" tour to Las Caletas. This was beautiful. The meal was tasty, the show superb and the boat ride back to see the lights of Puerto Vallarta was very romantic. One couple from Washington State got engaged while on the island it was such a romantic spot. We booked through the hotel with Vallarta Adventures.
We went downtown to the Malecon a few times and enjoyed the music festival that was taking place. Ate at a couple of wonderful local restaurants (No Name Cafe and Zapatas).
We met some great people from Kimberly BC, Vancouver BC, Angola New York, Ann Arbor Michigan, and Quincy Illinois. We heard the canopy tour was awesome and the city tour was informative and a nice day out.
Our only fault with the place is the time share folks and the vendors. The time share people are everywhere - the airport and even situated in the lobby of the hotel. When you go into town you are bugged constantly.
The vendors are allowed on the beach because it is a public beach. They stand by the pool and pace around the breeze bar to get your attention to buy their specials.
The staff at the hotel go out of their way to make your stay memorable and enjoyable. We are already planning our next holiday there.
If you have any special requests prior to going email Paula Castro in Public Relations and she will assist you, she is a very kind hearted, lovely person who certainly loves her job and does it very well.
Looking forward to going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort