“Paradise Found” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av de las Garzas 3, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #59 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
New York
“Paradise Found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Breathtaking is the only word one might use in describing your entry into this hotel and the South Seas comes to mind with its swaying coconut palms. A cool drink is offered and the and the mellow sounds of music blend with the whispering waves from the beach that skirts the golden shores. The staff has developed its serving style as if it was an art. It was our 24th Anniversary and my spouse's 50th birthday and MariCruz and Gabriella made these occasions we will remember for the rest of our lives. This hotel was immaculate and the cuisine at Salvador's and the Paradise and we will not soon forget Paulie and Nicholas and their Sexy coffee.The concierge service opened the doors to travel vistas that were spectacular and culminated with Rhythms Of The Night for the 50th birthday. Sitting in that Jacuzzi overlooking the sun setting on our balcony was truly a panorama sublime. I can go on and on but we found little to grouse about the Crown Paradise. Even the humidity outside didn't get us down because our room was cool as the lobby and restaurants. All I can say we are already are planning our next trip and hope others will discover what we saw as our "Paradise Found."

Room Tip: The 5th floor on the reverse side from the Crown Paradise Club.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Chief Concierge at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Ulisse:

First of all, thanks for choosing our hotel and give us the opportunity to show you our service. Thanks for taking some of your valuable time to share your experience with us. It is very rewarding to know that you enjoyed your time here and all the staff made an effort to make you feel like family.

I invite you to follow us on Facebook so you can know our promos and news.

We will be waiting for you on February in this your home away from home.

1,363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My mom is staying at this resort in a couple of weeks and as such, asked me to take a look at it for her. Lo and Behold, I realized I too have visited this resort. It brought back bad memories. Firstly, the rooms are "ok", the decor lacking in any kind of taste. They were clean for the most part and had a lovely view of the beautiful Pacific. The food sucks. I only ate dinner at the resort once, aside from the fruit that I had for breakfast. I have been to Mexico several times however, and you can't expect much from any all-inclusive. Being a foodie, I tend to avoid them at all costs now and prefer smaller boutique hotels which force you to venture out and experience the local cuisine - and there are AMAZING restaurants in PV.

This was a trip with a friend - an "I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM WORK" kind of vacation. Hence, since my husband couldn't join me, I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money. I think we paid $1,100 for flight and hotel from Calgary so pretty cheap. However, I didn't not realize that an "adults only" resort with a girlfriend meant that every creep at the resort (man and woman) was out to get some. I won't go into great detail on this, but it is extremely uncomfortable when, on the only day I decided to sit by the pool and read my book, creepy, hairy, speedo laden men are constantly sending over free drinks hoping to swoon you into their hotel rooms for an evening of anticipated bliss. Yuck.

The hotel staff were lovely. Polite and friendly. However, the resort really needs to clean itself up. The beach chairs were ripped to shreds so you couldn't even really sit on them. Now for the REALLY SICK part. Although the rooms are clean, the resort is not. There was puke (sorry), all over the floor on the pathway to our room which was not cleaned up all week and it stunk. So sick. Every time we walked to our room I felt like throwing up myself. Even worse - ready? The pool bathroom had POO, yes POO, smeared all over the wall. OMGF. I pointed out these two drawbacks to the front desk twice, and both were still there after a week. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.

Sorry Mom.....you should have asked me about this before you booked.

TripAdvisor friends, steer clear. There are much better places in PV to stay than this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Chief Concierge at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear IsabellaSpencer:

First of all, I want to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to share your experience with us. On the other hand, I am really sorry that we didn't fill your expectations. We work to improve ourselves everyday and that's why we are doing some changes to look better and to have a better quality to offer to you and all our guests.
All your comments are important and they were passed to our GM to take action on them.

I would like you to invite you to give us a second chance to make you feel the real and great service for which our guests come back every year.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to host you again.

Athens, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was my 4th year of going to the Golden Crown at this same time of the year.
There is a lot of construction going on at the sister resort Crown Paradise Club. The buffet is very small and has been moved to the original Japanese restaurant. The Italian and Japanese now share the Italian on different nights.

The pool and part of the hotel (Crown Paradise Club) is gutted and being redone, Lots of jack hammers and yellow caution strips.

I have heard they will begin remodeling the Golden Crown after they finish the Crown Paradise Club. The hotel last week was at 30% capacity and very few people. There was no wait at any restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear baybreeze350:

Thanks for sharing your comments about our hotel. We believe that your opinion is the best feedback we can have, and thanks to that we can improve our quality and our service.

I would like to invite you to follow us on Facebook so you can know about our improvements and news. Also, we will post about the remodeling there.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your experience with us.

Lynnwood WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I planned a renewal of our vows at the Golden Crown Paradise. I first had planned our trip the first week of September but I changed to the end of the month. I wanted to make this trip a surprise for my husband and I was able to plan and coordinate with Lorena the event planner. Upon our arrival I had chosen the Honeymoon Suite which had a beautiful view and the room was nice. The ceremony which was the day after we arrived was very beautiful and was on the beach, we had a romantic dinner with excellent service and then went to downtown PVR to dance the night away. I enjoyed the pool it was quiet, also the tacos by the pool was great. My husband and I were enjoying our time together. We didn't plan any tours although we went to a Mexican Fiesta and visited the Zoo which was an experience you won't want to miss. The food in the specialty restaurants was very good. We had a great time up until the last day, I went to the sister hotel to have breakfast and as I was walking into the restaurant there was a small step and I lost my balance and fell on my ankle. I knew that it was bad because I couldn't move for about 10 minutes. The folks in the restaurant helped me with a wheelchair and I went back to our hotel where my husband talked to the manager of Golden Paradise., After convincing the manager to call a doctor, when the doctor arrived he looked at my ankle which was extremely swollen and bruised. He suggested I go to the hospital but since my plane was leaving at 4:00 pm I decided to head to the airport. The hotel reimbursed 10% of the upgrade which was $85.00, we spent quite a bit of money that weekend with the hotel and renewal of vows and private dinner on the beach. I felt since there were not signs informing guests about the step ( signs stating a step) in the restaurant that the hotel should have reimbursed the whole amount of our hotel.When I arrived at home 13 hours later, I went to the Hospital and I had broken my ankle, I have been off work and had to pay co-pay for doctors.I am still recovering a month later , a memorable trip that turned bad, I did get an email from the event planner to apologize for the accident and she stated they would put signs to prevent this from happening again.It would have been nice for the Hotel would have followed up as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Chief Concierge at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Ihansell:

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your vacations and celebrate such a very special moment as your vow renewal is. On the other hand, I am really sorry about the accident you suffered the day of your departure, we already took care about it to avoid another accident. I hope your ankle is healing ok.
I am sorry if you felt the resolution the hotel gave you didn't fill your expectations, we hope that you come back here and enjoy another great experience without any inconvenience or situation.

Thanks for share your experience with us so we can improve ourselves to give a better service and quality. We will be waiting for you to make you feel at home.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had a really great time at this resort and you cannot beat the price. Rooms are clean and the pool and activities are fun. All the staff was wonderful and accomodating. The breakfast was great and they have a buffet on the weekends. I am glad that we went ahead on booked this place despite the negative reviews. I think one reviewer even said this place was "creepy", which is completely unfair.

We booked all our tours through Irene by the front desk and she was so so so knowlegeble and friendly and had great recommendations. The Rythm of the Night tour should not be missed, but remember it is not for kids. Cristina at the pool was fabulous and kept our drinks flowing. There is a little turtle refuge next door and we were able to release baby turtles on their journey into life and this was fun and sweet. Tons of activities on the beach: vendors, parasailing, banana boat rides and jet skiing. This place is super close to town and you can get a cab there for about 5$ U.S. We met some fun people and made new lifetime friends. Cannot wait to go back!!! Thank you Crown Paradise Hotel for making this such a relaxing week!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kattalie:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it is very rewarding to read all this nice comments about our hotel. We try to make our best so you can enjoy your stay.

I invite to follow us on Facebook and twitter so you can know about promos and news about us.

We wait for you to come back to welcome you in your home away from home and create lasting memories of your vacation.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have been traveling for years and have stayed 4 times with these folks. Each time was a joy and they work hard to make your stay a nice one. We just booked a week in January 2014 and don't have a concern at all about having a wonderful time. We are taking our son and wife, first time out of country, and we know they will have fun. I don't understand some of these bad reviews. You have bad luck following you and should stay in the states. We look forward in being there in January. Thanks for all you do and your hard work to make us comfortable.
See you then.

Room Tip: You can go next door to the buffet and they have some pretty good food. Good hamburgers by the pool...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Public Relations Manager at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Coach6435:

Thanks for sharing about your experiences with us. Is very rewarding to know that we have such a loyal guests coming back every year and the most important that we create lasting memories in your hearts.

I invite you to follow us on Facebook so you can be informed about all our news and promos.

Thanks again for taking the time to write about our hotel. We will wait for you in your home away from home to make a great stay.

Moose Jaw
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was my first time to Mexico, and my first time travelling really--that being said, I don't think that my expectations were TOO high (with perhaps the exception of higher quality food).

I'll start with the good:
Room service was prompt and friendly.
Rooms were neat and tidy.
Rooms were spacious and rather pretty.
Air conditioning was good.
Booze was delicious and bartenders were awesome.
Cleaning staff were awesome, we left out 50 dollars U.S and it did not get taken.

Now onto the bad:
The towel desk girl seemed to be perpetually absent from her post.
Upon check in the front desk guy tried to rope us into a time share presentation.
The food was not good, but take this with a grain of salt as we never managed to make reservations (the line was busy every time I tried it, albeit I didn't try hard).
Despite requesting a queen bed we were given two doubles.
Beds were rather hard (this is just nitpicking now).
At one point both of our room cards just stopped working. It was strange, and took a bit of a wait to get new ones.

I'd stay here so long as the package is reasonably cheap, and if you aren't particularly picky.
Oh, one more thing. Both my friend and I cut our feet walking around the resort with no shoes on. Definitely wear flip flops everywhere, as uneven tiles lead to a rather unpleasant sand-in-cut foot syndrome. This I will admit was our own folly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Public Relations Manager at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear BrittanyBrooshooft:

Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience with us. Your opinion is important for us, this was shared with our GM so we can work to improve our opportunity areas and give a better service.

I am sorry about the inconveniences you had with us. Thanks for letting us know what you enjoyed also about our hotel. I invite to follow us on Facebook so you can know about our promotions.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us. We would like to host you again in your home away from home.

Maricruz Montes

Been to Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!