The good: Check-in was fast, efficient and friendly. We were greeted with “Welcome Home” and cool drinks. We were in our room quickly. The room décor is dated, but clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Every room has a spectacular view. Clean towels and lounge chairs were plentiful both at the pool and at the beach. The resort is older, but kept in great shape. Every morning at 7, there were six people on the beach cleaning and raking, the pool was cleaned daily, a woman mopped and cleaned the pool area and the patio and restaurant area by the lobby, and I saw someone painting every day. Most public area cleaning was done early in the morning before most guests were up. The gym is small but well maintained and had varied equipment. The staff was ALL very friendly and tried hard to accommodate all requests. Raul at Bellavista and Paulie in Sans Soucis were our favorite waiters.
The “Needs Improving”: There are not enough loungers that are shaded. They have some frameworks with strips of cloth that provide minimal shade, but in the summer sun they are not sufficient. The activities staff does most pool activities in Spanish (or they use heavily accented English), so if you are not Spanish speaking, you are left out. The restaurant reservation system is by phone at 8 each morning. This is frustrating because you don’t know which restaurants are open. None of the restaurants have their menus or hours posted. Internet is not reliable and expensive. A $5/day option is available through a local provider, but the signal is often poor. The food in the restaurants is above average, but after a week, can become boring.
This is not a resort with a big night life. They have an evening show that is family friendly (joined with the sister resort), and afterward provide a trip into Puerto Vallarta with the staff for a fee.
This is a clean, comfortable, quiet, adults-only resort where you can relax and have a fabulous vacation. The downtown area and Malecon are easily accessible by bus (very easy) or taxi. The pool is refreshing, the staff are friendly and welcoming, the rooms are clean and comfortable with amazing views. I have been to many resorts and try not to repeat any, with the exception of this one. Thi was my fourth visit. When they staff greets you with, “Welcome Home”, I feel like I am at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort