“dont believe all of the bad reviews!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av de las Garzas 3, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #59 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“dont believe all of the bad reviews!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was so worried after read the reviews, I worried so much that I wanted to change our resort. I'm so glad we didn't! this was my husband and my first time in Puerto Vallarta, we had a wonderful time. the people were very down to earth, after we got out of the airport. don't stop for anyone with out a name tag!
The hotel was great, the lobby neat and tidy, the room was clean, the linens were fresh. the staff were friendly. The drinks were good, and so was the food. those poeple that complained that it wasnt good, were comparing it to 5star in the US or Canada, you can't.
I would recommend staying here, I probably stay there again if we went to Puerto Vallarta again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1,377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I had a very pleasant week at the Golden Crown Paradise Resort. As I read through the reviews it seems if a person is looking for exciting night life and upscale accomodations this is not the place for you but if you a looking for a relaxing week in Mexico for a resonable price this is the place for you. Our room was clean and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the food - especially the Japanese Restaurant at the resort next door (included in the "all inclusive"). The pool was not crowded and the pool side service was good. Taxi service was excellent and we felt safe away from the resort. We went downtown and walked the Malecon (boardwalk) between old town and new town and it was lovely. A polite NO will keep the vendors away from trying to sell their trinkets. Also the vendors are allowed on the beach in front of the resort but a polite no will keep them away. We thought the cabanas were pretty and the evenings prove to be absolutely beautiful on the beach.

The change we would suggest would be a more resonable priced WiFi but the front desk directed us to a small cyber cafe right outside the gate (El Patio) that was lovely and they give you wifi if you sit and have a cup of coffee. We enjoyed a change in the middle of the afternoon several times during the week. And beware of the time-share sales people - which starts as soon as you get off the plane at the airport and they even have a desk at the Golden Crown Paradise. Just walk on by!!! We were unwilling to spend time on their presentation in exchange for the "deals" they promised.

Over all it was a great week!

Room Tip: The higher floors have a better view. We had a room with ocean view. It over looked the pool and w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Basalt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It was a very weird and interesting resort. it is more similar to a hotel and not a resort. It is good because you are close to downtown and the Airport and the partying but if you are looking to want to stay on the resort, def would not pick this one. We ended up spending way more money then expected on this trip because we tried to stay off the resort as much as possible.
It's just very outdated (we could smell the mildew when we walked in our rooms) and food wasn't that great. Also the staff wasn't that good on customer service either. they were very straight forward like they didn't want to talk with us. I wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: I really don't know. Maybe one that is newer and not so old. Idk if they were all likes ours or...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Went her for my father in laws wedding. Service was ok but the hotel was very dated and the pool was nothing special. The wedding went off without a hitch but the nightclub they have across the street was empty every night. It was a cheap hotel and it showed.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I read all of the reviews and felt comfortable booking our lodging at this resort.

LOCATION
It's close to the airport and if by chance you don't have pre-paid shuttle service, a cab will cost approximately $8 dollars from the airport to the resort. NOTE: Unless you want to inquire about timeshares, DO NOT stop after claiming your luggage until you are outside (and even then beware)!! There are vulturous timeshare representatives in white dress shirts that pretend to be from your hotel and/or an escort to your driver. Just keep on walking!!

We were most attracted to the Adults only option at this resort. Although this is an older resort, the property is clean and maintained. There is a fully equipped, air conditioned gym with mirrors, towels, tv, and water (not 24hrs). There is a clay tennis court and also a basketball court. The whirlpool is heated, and the pool is nice and clean. Deck chairs and cabanas surround the pool and a variety of music played, creating a totally relaxing environment. If you want a cabana by the pool, I'd suggest getting up early to claim one. The Club Nitro (located in close proximity to the adult resort and is included with your stay) had karaoke and disco night but wasn't able to maintain a crowd after 11pm or so. Drinks were good over there too. We didn't utilize any spa services but they do have one.

ROOM
We had a deluxe ocean view room on the 7th floor and the view was beautiful. The room was clean and comfortable and included 2 nightstands; an armoire that houses a 26 inch tv (not a flat screen and you receive the remote upon check in) with cable and the majority of channels in Spanish (no sub-title options), ice bucket and glasses, a few drawers for clothes; a desk with a comfortable stool; couple of closets with hangers and a safe (you receive the lock and key at check in); a sitting chair, wall mirror and iron/ironing board. The air conditioning and lighting all worked well in the room. The electrical outlets are standard and you don't need adapters. The bathroom is large and has a large faux marble shower/tub; towel racks, hair dryer, a full length wall mirror, lighted vanity and mirror, with an armswing cosmetic mirror mounted to the wall. Two bottles of water are provided daily. The balconies have sliding glass doors, are a nice size, and have 2 chairs, a table and towel rack for drying your pool items. The king sized bed was a bit firm but comfortable. I reported the stained bedspread and our bed was promptly remade with clean/fresh linens. We didn't hear neighboring visitors during our stay but there was a slight sewer odor in the bathroom that eventually went away.

FOOD/DRINKS
There is a great variety available and the menus change daily. Seafood, choice cuts of beef, chicken, steamed and fried side dishes, pasta, and tasty desserts. There is also a breakfast buffet on the adult side and I enjoyed the presentation of the foods. There is a snack bar by the pool (nachos, chicken wings, etc.) a bar by the pool and another one near the dining area. You do have to make reservations for the speciality restaurants but you can make them during the same call and don't forget your dining tickets. Some of the specialty restaraunts have a dress code (kind of dressy/casual). Visit the Paradise lounge for a romantic dinner and view of the ocean and "sexy coffee" with Raul (do not try at home). You can access some of the speciality restaurants and a buffet on the sister property (family side) but in my opinion, that buffet was mediocre. The room service menu has pretty good selections but after midnight, your options are very limited from the snack menu. The drinks were really good (I'm not a heavy consumer of alcoholic beverages and at times they were a bit strong so I had them diluted) and each bar tender mixes drinks differently so just keep that in mind. Overall, great food and drinks!!

SERVICE
Waitstaff was awesome (especially Enrique, Reuben and Danny)!!! All were very courteous and attentive, whether you choose to tip or not! Ahleri was great in listening to and addressing concerns I had with the timeshare representatives allowed on the property. There are activities included with your stay and daily schedules are posted by the elevators.

TIMESHARE/PRESENTATION
If you have an interest in obtaining discounted tickets on excursions, can continuously assert a firm "NO", and don't mind wasting time, then by all means attend the timeshare presentation. We encountered a negative experience with Alex aka Alejandro, a deceitful timeshare representative extending an "invitation" to "his" breakfast which was actually a timehare presentation and then he failed to follow through with gifts he offered us for attending the presentation. They tell you it's not a timeshare presentation but an opportunity to obtain a "club membership" (it's a timehare presentation folks)! It'll also take more than 90 minutes depending upon your interest. I recommend purchasing your excursions directly from the company or website.

NOTEWORTHY ITEMS
1. If you spend US dollars, your change will be given in pesos. Be sure to confirm the exchange rate, otherwise you may fall prey to those trying to cheat you.
2. Rhythm of the Nights boat tour to Las Caletas is a must do!!!
3. There is a free city tour offered through the resort. If you go, it's set up to take you around the city but designed to bring you directly to local vendors (jewelry shops/eateries) who apparently provide a commission to your tour guide for your business. Beware of M&B Travel Agency located a short distance from the resort. Victor is deceitful.
4. The vendors are harmless and just trying to earn a living. The will stand at the resort property border and haggle you on the beach, but a kind,"No gracias" or "No dinero" will keep them on their way.
5. The resort offers Wifi at $8 for 30 minutes. There is a cafe approximately 50 feet from the resort that offers a better rate, and is free with a minimum $5 purchase.

In sum, decent property, great food and drinks, excellent service and overall great value. Go enjoy yourselves!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our second time to Puerto Vallarta and second time at Golden Crown Paradise. The first time 5 years ago was great this time not soooooo much!! Food is edible (beware of the meat on the resort--downtown food is awesome steak is wonderful downtown) Beds are hard as a rock and pillows lumpy and hard my back still hurts. The drinks are okay and it is clean. PLEASE READ THIS PART--- VIP ---If you have any medical needs it is imperative that you DO NOT ask the resort for help. They are in together with this ??"doctor"?? that they bring to the hotel room told me it would be 50 us dollars and ended up 120 us dollars then prescribed nose drops for blown ear drum only didn't give us nose drops ended up being Neosporin (good thing I was smart enough not to let my son sniff that up his nose) Of course took it all to the pharmacist here at home and they ripped us off nothing what it said it was. I feel the resort should take care of you. If you have a problem there are at least 5 doctors downtown within walking distance.

Room Tip: Better go Deluxe and ask for rooms on the Breeze Bar Side (Pray for a good bed and pillows)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Bruno, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was my 1st real Mexican trip and it happened to be my honeymoon. I was very leary at 1st because I know the hustle that comes with vacations to Mexico. I couldn't have been more wrong. Granted the beach vendors do their thing, but that's to be expected. I passed on the timeshare presentations, but others who did them got tours that were legit for attending.
The pool is a little older but adults only. The resaurants were top notch and we took full advantage of them (steak and seafood every night) Boos flowed freely. The beach bar was amazing with sushi every night at 6. The view from our balcony will be a great memory.
I feel I should ask for a commision beacuse I've turned so many friends and family onto this.
Are there better places? of course but you'll be paying 2-3 times as much. Much like anywhere if you're nice and take care of the staff, they'll take care of you.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with the view of the ocean. Might cost a little more, but well worth it. Or be on y...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!