My friend has been here 6 times before and convinced me it was a great trip, and wow the GCP didn't disappoint! We were upgraded to an oceanview room on arrival for no real discernable reason (maybe this being my friend's 7th stay) which was a nice start. We were greeted warmly. Our room was spacious and kept incredibly clean all week long, even with two messy girls staying in it. Our room was so close to the beach and was beautiful to wake up to in the morning! We ate well, there is a fantastic assortment of restaurants, not one of them served me something I didn't like (and I'm very picky about food). There is a nice breakfast buffet in the morning that serves every kind of breakfast you can imagine...freshly made omelettes and waffles, pancakes, cereal, fruit, mexican food, you name it. You can also eat on the family side of the resort which also has some nice restaurants with fantastic food (but if you aren't into children you'll want to get out of there quickly). Fortunately the French restaurant doesn't allow children under 8. The pool isn't big but it's big ENOUGH for the size of the resort and was never overcrowded. You can always get a lounger but not always a cabana.....be prepared to get up at six in the morning to get one. Jerks like to go and put down a towel or a water bottle to 'reserve' it and then go back to bed until 10 am. I advise the resort to come up with a better system because I witnessed a few altercations over this. Otherwise, the poolside drink service was FANTASTIC (thanks Antonia), and occasionally they would break out some volleyball or tequila volleyball, or water aerobics.......often led by some eye candy (wink). There about 3 bars on the GCP side (incl pool bar), and then Club Nitro across the street that belongs to the resort. Its not really busy in there usually unless they have one of their shows on, which is usually family entertainment that draws a lot of locals and kids who all drain out by 9:30 or 10:00. However the staff there are great and kept our drinks coming and allowed us to take stupid pictures with them constantly lol. It's a good place to start drinking and meet people that you can go out with later. The one great thing about this resort is that it is small so you constantly run into the same people and so if you're a social person it's a great place to be. I met a lot of cool people on this trip just from being at Club Nitro or in the pool. The staff really do remember you and your name and the service was always friendly and prompt, and often they go above and beyond. Our server Jose at Bella Vista noticed my friend was sick and brought her chamomile tea and honey without her asking. So awesome! I could write about how impressed I am with GCP all day but just know I'm already booking a return trip for a longer stay!
Criticisms? A couple. The cabana issue for one, they need a better system to reserve these. Club Nitro needs to do something to get people to actually go over there AND want to stay and have a good time. Its a bit further from downtown but it's not the hotel's fault....just know that you're paying about 60 pesos in cab fare everytime you go down. Also you can only get into some of the restaurants by reservation and if you haven't reserved by 9 am on a busy day, forget about it. If you do get in though, the food is worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort