We traveled with my mom & stepdad and have been to Mexico and the Caribbean before. My parents have been to PVR plenty of times before and my sister had stayed at this resort a few years ago so we were really looking forward to it.
First off, my mom had an asthma attack shortly after settling into the room for the night. Our room was quite mouldy but I could see any mould in her room so we weren't sure what the cause was so didn't complain. The next night the same thing happened shortly after she settled into the room for a while. She complained to the front desk and they shrugged their shoulder. After talking to the sunwing rep he discovered they had her in a smoking room (everything smells musty their so no way of knowing for sure considering we had asked for non smoking rooms) and he had them fix all the mouldy ceiling tiles in our room as well as a leak that was the cause of them. Our room smelled better after that for the most part.
Another issue we had was that room service was very unreliable. We had ordered breakfast to come between 9-9:30 and at 10:15 they still hadn't come so we went down for breakfast before it was over. The next day we ordered breakfast for 8-8:30 and they came for 7:50 so we were still in bed. And if you wanted bacon for breakfast you had to order it from room service because the restaurant was always out of it.
We did like the variety of food available. I enjoyed the sushi in the evenings as the sun went down. The beach bar had great offerings at lunch. And we never went hungry at dinner although it wasn't anything spectacular. You could even go to 2 restaurants downtown included in your all-inclusive and eat of their limited menu. We did do this but also splurged to buy appetizers that weren't on the all-inclusive menu.
The beach is beautiful there but the downside was that the vendors had all access to the beach area and would hound you to buy their stuff... you couldn't go 5 minutes before another one was there trying to sell you stuff. Also, they had no shade at all on the beach and next to none at the pools. They built these beautiful cabanas but they only had flimsy white material on them which offered no protection. We did find shade on the family side at their adult only pool but it was very limited (4 chairs) so we had to be up very early to save the spots if we wanted them. On the 2nd last day they took everyones stuff off all the chairs at that pool around breakfast time and did not tell anyone where they could find their stuff. I was quite upset about this and the security and front desk were no help in this matter and just shrugged their shoulders.
The evening staff at the main adult side restaurant were awesome but the majority of the other staff lacked customer service. It seemed they just didn't care one way or the other if you were happy. We were good tippers both in room and out even when we had bad service as we have found at other places it usually helped to improve how they treated you. That didn't work here.
We had good weather!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort