Save Saved
You added Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av de las Garzas 3, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #62 of 121 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here last year in Feb 2012. It was just ok. It is nice to be at an all adults resort but this place was ancient. We had a group of 4 in our 30's looking to have some fun but this place was dead. Lots of old folks. Food just ok as well ... towards the end of our stay we ended up going off resorts for meals. Our rooms were nice they were in the ocean facing buiding with a kitchen fridge and sitting area. The lock on the door stopped working ( always locked) so my husband had to go to our friends room and climb over the balcany to get into our room. Pool area was fine, always chairs, hot tub was actually hot.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor; your comments are taken into account to improve.

We reiterate our commitment to your satisfaction; we hope to see you again in our resort.

Dulce Ramos

1,388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We would never stay here again.

Arrived later in the evening after a full day of travel and forced to sit through Oscar's "time share" spiel only to have him take a "small deposit" that "will be returned to you tomorrow" after we supposedly sat through the full presentation. Showed up for the presentation, listened to this first part and then told them we were not interested and would like our deposit back. "Oh yes, you get it all back." - only to NEVER get it back. A total joke.

The food was awful - everything has the same sauce and lack of flavour. We were never able to get into the restaurants next door. We were told to call by 2pm to make the reservation but everytime we called we were told it was too late. We did eat at Salvador's twice and both times, found it to be the best of the restaurants and Adrian was always pleasant. The portions were tiny but they did allow us to continue ordering until my husband felt satisfied.... I think every server at the outdoor breakfast restaurant was MISERABLE and had NO interest in being there or being courteous. Even when we were given food that we hadn't ordered, they were not interested in returning it to the kitchen or finding out who actually ordered it. DO NOT have the "French platter" with cheese and croisants - you get a processed cheese slice and some rolled up ham. Oh, and no croisants.

The drinks were disappointing in that they were never consistent. A "Sea Breeze" was listed on their drink menu and for the time I was there, I never had one that same as the last. Once it was purple, the next time blue, etc. DO try the whiskey sours - they were the one sensational drink that my husband discovered.

On the up side, we did have a great room - corner unit with a wonderful ocean view. The patio was great and we were on the fourth floor so there was no resonating noise from the pool area down below. The room was clean, nothing fancy, but perfect for what we needed.

The beach and the ocean were also AMAZING -10 out of 10! Yes, there were quite a few people trying to sell their goods but they were never rude when you told them "no". We also enjoyed the pool area and met some really great other couples to visit with. My husband and I both also enjoyed the "Puerto Vallarta" tour that was offered through the resort.

Overall, the trip was a let down. You expect to be able to kick back and relax, have some great drinks, eat some amazing food, and not worry about a thing. We didn't get to have that experience and unfortunately it was my husband's first all inclusive experience. We won't be returning to this "resort".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, your comments are really important for us, because they are used to improve.

We value you as a customer and we hope to see you back at Crown Paradise Resort as our guest so that we can show you our commitment to our guests.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

To make the effort to visit Mexico you have got to come here, the management and staff are welcoming, the place doesnt look much from the curb but OMG when you though the hotel wow what a lovley hotel, with a fantastic view.
The rooms are good (might still smell of paint because due to the humidity the rooms collect damp patchs but thats not a bad thing.
I was a virgin vistor to Mexico and didnt expect the weather to be as hot OMG hot and humid but once I got use to it fantastic baby.
The staff was so helpful, really enjoyed it thank you

Room Tip: make most of the trips if you can, well worth it, the mexicans are so pleased that english people ma...
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for share your experiences with us, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to invite you to become a fan at facebook, So that you know about our promotions, and share us your comments.

Thanks again for your preference. We hope to have you back at your home away from home.

Dulce Ramos
Conroe, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a blast at this resort! The staff was beyond accomidating, gracious, friendly and willing to do anything and everything to make sure our stay was enjoyable and comfortable. We had a "standard ocean view" room and it was still a breath taking view. If you expect to have an unobstructed view of the ocean then book the "Deluxe Ocean View" room. I am in no way complaining! Our view was great! I won't whine (as others have) about looking (briefly and intentionally if you have a standadrd room) at the top of the bar from our room (honestly...how much time do you spend in your room!). The staff was pleasant, attentive and professional. The food was good and the sister resort had good food as well. The bars were more than accomidating and could make any concoction imaginable (Isaack is wonderful!). Our room was very comfortable (as a I said earlier "how much time do you really spend in your room") and I was very glad to have been given a key to the safe (not that I felt I needed to lock anything up but we did and it was not a burden to have to carry the key with us as some have whined about). The location is central which is nice and there are pleanty of cabs readily available. The bus stop is only a short walk from the resort as well as the "Supermercado" (super market which is a mini walmart) is just around the corner. A smaller scale flea market is close as well and adjacent to the Port. I have NO COMPLAINTS at all about this resort or its staff! Top notch and we WILL return in the near future! Hasta luego!

Room Tip: If you expect to have an unobstructed view of the ocean then book the "Deluxe Ocean View"...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for share your experience with all us, is very important for us to know your good moments in our property,

We want to invite you to be fan in the social network Facebook, and share your photos and experiences with us.

Once again thank you for your preference and we hope to see you soon,

Capitola, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was a much anticipated trip to the Golden. Was so looking forward to going back to a familiar resort. It has been four year since my last visit to the Golden. Really don’t think I would return unless I heard of improvements being made to the resort.
The Good
• My ocean front room location on the fifth floor was nice.
• Adults only.
• Location.
• Chaises always available at the pool or beach.
• Some nice bartenders.
• Friendly travelers.
• Pool volleyball.
The not so good
• Food! Even the tacos at the pool which used to be good have really gone downhill.
• Waitress service around the pool.
• Room décor.
• Beer-poor choice and always warm.
• Hard alcohol- often out of name brands.
• Restaurants- Service was extremely slow and not friendly.
• Lack of entertainment.
• Music by the pool

Room Tip: Ocean front room are a good choice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Your comments are very important for us they help us to improve in our services,

We hope to see you soon, and show you our commitment with your satisfaction.

Once again thank you for shared your experiences with us.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My now-husband and I just got back from a 7 night, 8 day stay here over New Year's for our honeymoon. We are generally not the type to do all inclusive, but we figured our honeymoon was a good time to try it out because we were sick of planning and stressing over the wedding and wanted a vacation where most things were taken care of for us. We stayed at the Adults Only hotel - I'll do a category breakdown:

Location:
It's located on a main street in PV, about 10 minutes from the airport. There is a Wal-Mart within walking distance, as well as a giant grocery store right down the street, which is convenient in case you forget to bring anything. Also, it is right next to the marina, which is great if you book any excursions from there. You also get to see massive cruise ships come in, which is kind of fun. It's super easy to get to downtown PV - just hop on a bus, pay 6.5 pesos, and take it about 15-20 minutes into town. Trust me, you will want to do this after a few days of the food here (see below).

Rooms:
The rooms were nice. Nothing extravagant, but they were very clean and well-kept. The water was always hot and the pressure was good. The AC worked well. Bonus: the maids bring new bottled water for you every day, which was great. The biggest downfall was the bed - the mattress was hard, which I got used to, but the pillows were like sacks of cement. They were so uncomfortable they affected our sleep. As far as I can tell, all the rooms (in the adults only hotel) faced the same way, so they all had balconies facing the ocean with very nice views. The only small problem is that, since all the rooms surround the inner courtyard and pool, it creates a kind of sound funnel so any noises made in the bar/pool/outdoor restaurant area echo pretty loudly. We had a higher floor, but if we were lower I think, as a light sleeper, the noise might have been an issue.

Beach/Pool:
My husband and I never used the pool, and the jacuzzi only once, but it was very popular and pretty. It's not an infinity pool but faces the ocean and has a similar effect. Most of the day it is filled with amorous couples making out with each other. Beach chairs by the pool are very hard to come by - you have to get up pretty early in order to beat people to them. I assume it's because people want to avoid being harassed by the constant onslaught of beach vendors, which I can understand. Still, we headed for the beach most days, and chairs there are easier to come by. They have both lounge chairs and cabana beds, with decent coverings which is a plus for pale people like me. Yes, there is a rather annoying number of beach vendors who will come up to you seemingly every 30 seconds - this can get a bit annoying - but shaking your head, waving your hand, or smiling and saying no always does the trick. Pretty sure unless you shell out for an ultra-private beach, this is going to be a problem at any resort. Plus, if you decide you want a fake tattoo, hair braids, or a weed pipe, you'll never have to wait more than 30 seconds.

Bars/Restaurants:
Bars first: there are three that we visited - the main one in the courtyard, the one by the pool, and the one halfway between the adults and family hotels that's on the beach. They're all pretty much the same. The bartenders are friendly and the drinks are fine. They have decent alcohol like Absolut, Smirnoff, Johnny Walker, Don Julio, etc. you just have to ask for it. I wouldn't order anything too intense like a Manhattan, but as far as all inclusive bars go, can't complain.

Now the restaurants. If there was one reason my husband and I wouldn't come back here, it is because of the food. In the interest of full disclosure, we are food snobs, but we didn't exactly come here expecting Michelin stars. We knew that all inclusive would mean the food wasn't top quality, but we were still expecting something, especially from the "nicer" restaurants. They have several, and we visited three: Paradise (Italian?) Salvador's (Mexican?) and the uber-fancy French one whose name I can't remember. Paradise was the worst - it took 2 hours to get through 3 courses. I had paella, which tasted like Uncle Ben's, and my husband had beef tenderloin, which had no flavor at all. No flavor seemed to be the common theme. The only thing that saved this meal was the Sexy Coffee - something they do at all of the restaurants, but this was our first encounter. Someone, who must have been the manager, came over and proceeded to mix coffee, brandy, and Kahlua together with lots of fire, pouring of fire, lighting cups on fire, etc. It was quite impressive, and the coffee was actually delicious, but the best part was this tiny little man, in his ill-fitting suit, pouring the fire brandy and mumbling "Muy sexy...muy sexy..." to himself the entire time. Made the meal. Salvador's was slightly better, quality-wise, and the French restaurant was the best, but by "best" I more mean "least bad." I get that they are catering to white people but I would like to point out that white people like spices and food with flavor.

Other than that, we used room service a couple of times, the big buffet next door, and ate at the outdoor restaurant for breakfast. It was all "meh." Imagine eating at Denny's every single day - not the worst food in the world, but after a couple of days you would kill to be able to eat anything else. The one bright spot? The snack bar tacos. Those were delicious - my husband and I must have eaten at least 60 between us. The carne asada is well-seasoned and there is a little bar of delicious salsas and toppings to put on them. We survived on these when we needed good food but were too tired (or in our case, sick with colds) to take the bus into town.

Other:
I'm the kind of person who refuses to pay for wifi, so we never used it at the hotel. There is a cute little coffee shop next door that has wifi and you can browse for as long as you want as long as you buy some coffee. If you don't feel like buying anything, the curb in front of the hotel can access an unlocked network. We used this one the most - probably looked like crazy people, huddled on the curb with our iPhones, but I hate to pay for this stuff!

We got a 2 for 1 back massage coupon as a result of the timeshare song and dance (we only sat through about 10 minutes of the presentation before they realized we were under no circumstances giving them $6k) and went to the spa on our last day. This place was great! The rooms were clean and had nice ambiance, soothing jungle noises, and the massage was really good quality. I would recommend them for sure.

Other than the food, which was a travesty, my one other recommendation for this place would be to have more daytime activities for the guests. They had a few throughout the day, but they weren't very exciting - things like jazzercise in the pool and the occasional volleyball game. Something more high-energy (and involving alcohol) like trivia, or relay races, etc. would have been great.

Like I said, if it hadn't been for the food we might have considered coming back here. As it is, we probably won't opt for all inclusive again and would stay somewhere downtown, closer to beach restaurants and with more stuff to do. But if food doesn't bother you, or you don't mind going into town every day to eat, everything else here was pretty good. We did have a good time, when we weren't sick.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be less noisy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank for take the time and shared your comments with us,

Your comments are invaluable; they help us to improve in the services that we offer,

I comment you; your feedback has been shared with the management team,

We hope to see you again and show our commitment with your satisfaction.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This resort is average. Meal-wise, the best part is the breakfast buffet with made-to-order omelets. Room-wise, the air conditioning was great. We stopped at Wal-Mart and picked up a room fan for circulation. Small room on the main floor. It was surprisingly not noisy during the day but at night we heard yelling girls and several arguments. Bathroom was nice; shower had a funny pulsing thing going on but it did the job. Our housekeeper was very friendly and thorough. Great bed.

The pool area is small with new chairs (covered beds and lounging chairs). Lots of requests from vendors to look at bags, jewelry, blankets, carvings, etc. Be prepared for that. Would have just stayed by the pool but it's cooler temp-wise at the beach.

I found this resort average due to the unremarkable food at dinner. I didn't get the impression of pleasantness from most staff either, except from one or two bartenders (smiles, strong drinks) and our housekeeper. Front desk staff not that friendly but busboys were nice and helpful.

Nightlife except for hanging out at lobby bar, going to Club Nitro (didn't do) or going out with the young ones to a Malecon bar (didn't do either). I'd go again if we got a good price, especially since it's adults-only.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for take the time and shared your feedback,

Your comments are invaluable for us; they help us to improve in the services that we offer.

Once again thank you for your comments, we hope to see you again to show our commitment
with your satisfaction.

Dulce Ramos.

Been to Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!