We would never stay here again.
Arrived later in the evening after a full day of travel and forced to sit through Oscar's "time share" spiel only to have him take a "small deposit" that "will be returned to you tomorrow" after we supposedly sat through the full presentation. Showed up for the presentation, listened to this first part and then told them we were not interested and would like our deposit back. "Oh yes, you get it all back." - only to NEVER get it back. A total joke.
The food was awful - everything has the same sauce and lack of flavour. We were never able to get into the restaurants next door. We were told to call by 2pm to make the reservation but everytime we called we were told it was too late. We did eat at Salvador's twice and both times, found it to be the best of the restaurants and Adrian was always pleasant. The portions were tiny but they did allow us to continue ordering until my husband felt satisfied.... I think every server at the outdoor breakfast restaurant was MISERABLE and had NO interest in being there or being courteous. Even when we were given food that we hadn't ordered, they were not interested in returning it to the kitchen or finding out who actually ordered it. DO NOT have the "French platter" with cheese and croisants - you get a processed cheese slice and some rolled up ham. Oh, and no croisants.
The drinks were disappointing in that they were never consistent. A "Sea Breeze" was listed on their drink menu and for the time I was there, I never had one that same as the last. Once it was purple, the next time blue, etc. DO try the whiskey sours - they were the one sensational drink that my husband discovered.
On the up side, we did have a great room - corner unit with a wonderful ocean view. The patio was great and we were on the fourth floor so there was no resonating noise from the pool area down below. The room was clean, nothing fancy, but perfect for what we needed.
The beach and the ocean were also AMAZING -10 out of 10! Yes, there were quite a few people trying to sell their goods but they were never rude when you told them "no". We also enjoyed the pool area and met some really great other couples to visit with. My husband and I both also enjoyed the "Puerto Vallarta" tour that was offered through the resort.
Overall, the trip was a let down. You expect to be able to kick back and relax, have some great drinks, eat some amazing food, and not worry about a thing. We didn't get to have that experience and unfortunately it was my husband's first all inclusive experience. We won't be returning to this "resort".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort