This hotel is an adult only hotel – but it is a relaxing hotel not a party hotel. It is host to more quiet older adults, not wanting to vacation with children. Some of the younger party groups who book here are often disappointed after the first day.
Check in – Always smooth, pleasant and prompt. All the staff at the front desk are welcoming and friendly and explained all information completely. Received a welcome drink.
Resort Location - Even though this resort does not claim to be wheelchair accessible – it is manageable for someone who is still able to get out of his or her wheelchair or if you are in an electric scooter or chair – you will be able to manage. Only one ramp (the one located near the breeze bar) is not accessible due to the steep grade and you would need assistance to get up. However, when my husband was not with me – there are enough wait staff, security or maintenance staff who will help you.
The hotel is located in a prime location – only 10 minutes away from the airport and located next door to the marine port – next to the resort is a marketplace where you can buy all your souvenirs – it is used by the cruise ships. You would never even need to go downtown to buy your souvenirs. Just go on the days the ships are not in! But don’t miss going downtown!!
Room – We were in an oceanfront, main floor, Jacuzzi room with king size bed. It was very roomy, clean with updated furnishings. The bed was quite firm – hubby loved it, but not for me. All hallways were covered but open on one side, so we were never disturbed by other guests coming or going or rolling luggage echoes. Due to the open air hallways - you can leave your deck doors and main door open and you had a wonderful breeze comes through the room. Housekeeping staff are fantastic and do a great job – of all our trips to this resort we have never had any issues. THe rooms have now been all upgraded with new bedding - first class !!
Food - WOW!! – what can I say, every meal we had at this resort was delicious, flavourful, and the service was wonderful. I did have some friends who did not have positive experiences, such as missed courses, food cold when it arrived, or lack of customer service – but that was only on one occasion. Upon check in you will receive two green slips of paper – these will allow you to book at the restaurants on the sister resort. There are three a la carts – Japanese, Italian and French. Therefore you need to decide which one you will eliminate – would have liked to have all options. Over the years they have changed their menus – a couple of times and they have all been amazing.
They use to have booking at the towel hit in the morning – now they have a new reservation system for dinner. You phone a number between 8am and 2pm and reserve the restaurant you want.
We ate at the following restaurants –
Golden Crown Side has:
Salvador’s – nice quiet dining experience – more so suited for fine dining. The mai·tre d' of Salvador’s ensures you have a fine dining experience, more so then at the other restaurants on the property.
Paradise – Always something for everyone. We eat here the most because dinner is just not the same with Polly. The wait staff are friendly and professional. Even though I cannot drink coffee – the sexy coffee done by Poly is amazing – he will even do a hot chocolate for you. Plus the Paradise has stunning sunset and ocean views!!!
Patio Restaurant and Grill – Golden Crown
- They have the best French toast I have ever had – thick and then rolled in sugar. This restaurant also offers a vegetarian menu. Every other day they offer fresh juices – the Celery and Lime juice was to die for and I am not one who likes juice!!!!
Breezes – Golden Crown
- every other day they offer the same menu – No 5 Sandwich – a Panini sandwich with either ham or turkey (ham was awesome) is a must try also the shrimp tostadas were GREAT!!!! A crispy taco base, with a tasty mayo, five baby shrimp with a fresh slice of avocado on top. My hubby tried the octopus one and he loved it. I never tried the fresh seafood Ceviche or the seafood soup with fresh crab leg on top – due to allergies, but it smelled amazing. The evening sushi at the breeze bar is better then the Japanese restaurant next door.
Pool Bar -– Golden Crown
- you would be fine if you only ate at this little gem. The PORK TACOS are killer. They also offer hamburgers, ribs and nachos.
Club Side – Sister Resort – When you check into the Golden Crown you will receive 2 vouchers per week to eat at a la carts on the sister side. Wish you could book more – as there are three.
Japanese - They have a buffet style service, a main menu and a sushi menu – this restaurant has something for everyone – do not pass it by just because they feature sushi. Ever times we have eaten here it has been amazing!! Wish we could go more
French – Beautiful dining room and views of the sunset. Loved both menus they have featured in the last 5 years. I hope the fondue is still there – loved it.
Pool Bar - ate here once – but wished he could eat there more. The pork burrito is great. They change their menu every other day as well
Buffet – Excellent – only ate here for breakfast once in a blue moon – but some friends of ours ate there almost every meal – they love it. No dress code and no reservations. Not overly wheelchair friendly – as they have a very steep and short ramp to access the food area from seating area. You will need assistance. Also, too many children for my taste; very loud.
The Service - at all the Restaurants – very attentive and friendly!!!!
- You cannot get any better – I will admit I am very picky and can be demanding (due to allergies), so if they meet my standards, I am happy.
The pool – approximately 4 feet deep – perfect for relaxing, floating or swimming laps. A few times a day the pool staff set up aqua size classes, tequila volleyball, water polo, blind volleyball and bingo. Every single member of the Activity Staff are amazing people. They are the reason we keep coming back. Every day at around 3:30 they get everyone up and do s Sun Dance – in order to have sun for the next day – this is fun and easy – make sure to get up and give it a try!!! First three days the hotel was not full and they let you save / reserve your lounge chair with towels. But once the hotel is full they remind you that you cannot save seats at the beach or at the pool and you will lose you towel. There were always enough for all I found. One observation – since this resort is the closest one to the Port – the resort will allow cruise ship customers onto the resort for a fee – I never found that they took over – but I found they did treat the pool wait staff insensitively.
Over the year the pool tiles have stopped being replaced and was not being washed down nightly as it was when we first started coming. But the Resort has new management – and I have heard changes are happening such as new loungers and sun shades.
Evening Shows / Nitro
They have great shows every night, Las Vegas Night, Latin Night, Karaoke Night, and Mexican Night, Disney Night. The activity staff try really hard and they put a lot into the show – they are entertaining. Many families were there from there Club side – a great way to end your day. The shows are from 9:30 – 10:30. Then the bar opens at 11:00. I have gone a couple of night during a 2 weeks stay – good music, loud but not always busy. IS NOW WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE – thanks Management !!!
Also the Activity staff will take you out to local bars for the night – every night is a new location. You meet in the lobby and they will sell you a ticket. This ticket will cover your cab ride there (NOT BACK) and the cover to get into the bar. Some bars offer unlimited drinks / table service for a bit more. I think it is totally worth. You have to go to ZOO Bar and Mandala !!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort