This is an older hotel with an active time share promotion for the new upgraded hotel next door (Sunset Plaza). The signs of wear are beginning to show (the liner in the pool is beginning to come up, the mattresses on the lounge chairs have tears in the corners, the shower stalls have areas of staining) and it seems as if all efforts are being directed to the Sunset Plaza.
This was a vacation for the whole family (seven people) divided between two suites (a one bedroom and a two bedroom). The room sizes were large and comfortable. The staff is amazing, always ready to help. My sons worked out in the gym every morning and my wife and daughter spent their mornings at the pool. The pool was an active hub, lots of music, games for the kids, exercises sessions for the adults.
I have been traveling with my family for thirty plus years and my children are now 28, 31, and 34. Years ago it was my children who were splashing, screaming, and running up and down the halls...so I want to be fair in my comments. The other guests seemed to be mostly families with small children. Every night, until one o'clock in the morning, the children at this resort were banging on doors, playing hide and seek around the pool, and screaming at each other to the point that I could not get a decent night's sleep for the week. I'm sure those families were having fun but this pace is not suitable for the needs of my slightly older family. It's amazing how cranky an old guy can get..it results in that guy writing a review like this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort situated on beautiful Las Glorias, surrounded by colorful tropical vegetation. facing the Pacific in Puerto Vallarta, close to shops, Teatro Vallarta, Malecon, Caballito, restaurants, and attractions, only 15 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR) and 7 minutes from downtown. The layout offers private and quiet areas, as well as active areas for recreation.The hotel offers amenities like outdoor pool, a childrens pool, two aerial Jacuzzis with bay view, a health club, and a childrens club, concierge desk, Spa, Bali beds, wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas, wedding services and complimentary guest parking is limited, Sky lounge Bar, tennis court, karaoke room, game room, a buffet restaurant and two a la carte restaurant for dinner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Hotel
- Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Plaza Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach
- Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort Puerto Vallarta