Stayed at Pelicanos Grand Jan 7th-14th.Overall an excellent resort...clean,top-notch service...good food, & excellent location.I'll break down the review as follows:
Room: stayed in a room overlooking the back of the hotel.was very clean,quiet, and the bed was very comfortable.Maid service was reliable & thorough.Bathroom was spacious with full tub and plenty of water pressure & hot water.
Resort: well located within a 20 minute walk of downtown and a short bus ride to the Malecon.Very nicely kept grounds and buildings.The pool was a bit cold and the beach was mostly non-existent but you could go & swim in the ocean if you wanted to.Very impressive views of PV at the sky-bar & hot tub area.
Food & Service:service was where they differentiated themselves.excellent service at the bars,restaurants and pool area.best I've ever experienced.Well done Luis! Had two meal at the specialty restaurant-mexican & brazilian-very well prepared with top level service & atmosphere.I would call the buffett sufficient & basic.The pool snack food was very good.Entertainment staff were friendly but not too pushy.Well done Raoul!
Overall: I'd have to give this resort an excellent rating based on the service and the homey feel we experienced due to the smaller size of the resort.Everyone went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable & memorable.A thumbs up to the management of this resort for the great work ethic & friendliness you've instilled in your staff.I would go back without a second thought!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort situated on beautiful Las Glorias, surrounded by colorful tropical vegetation. facing the Pacific in Puerto Vallarta, close to shops, Teatro Vallarta, Malecon, Caballito, restaurants, and attractions, only 15 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR) and 7 minutes from downtown. The layout offers private and quiet areas, as well as active areas for recreation.The hotel offers amenities like outdoor pool, a childrens pool, two aerial Jacuzzis with bay view, a health club, and a childrens club, concierge desk, Spa, Bali beds, wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas, wedding services and complimentary guest parking is limited, Sky lounge Bar, tennis court, karaoke room, game room, a buffet restaurant and two a la carte restaurant for dinner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Hotel
- Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Plaza Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach
- Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort Puerto Vallarta