Stayed at Plaza Pelicanos Grand for a week the middle of this month, December 2012. I had room 1775 (seventh floor in the new tower -- 8 years old, so they tell me). Great views from the hallway windows and the two elevators were quite efficient.
I LOVED my room. It was a large studio with everything I needed ---- dining table, with a storage unit, separating the dining area from the bedroom area. Kitchenette, with granite countertops and a huge microwave and a two-burner stove. Large fridge. Lovely marble floors and a marble-tiled bathroom. The only thing of note that might not suit everyone is that the bath tub is fairly high, so if someone is mobility-impaired, it would be difficult to get into the bath/shower.
Also had a large safe (digital), iron/board, tons of storage (very large closet) and an EXTREMELY comfy king-sized bed. Decent-sized terrace, with a couple of chairs and a lounger. Being on the end of the building, my view was well over 180 degrees, from mid-Bay to the mountains.
The staff (front desk, bell staff, check-in staff --- through RCI, etc.) were wonderful. Extremely friendly and helpful. I didn't eat on site too much but did eat at Pergola for breakfast three times and the food is excellent and reasonably-priced, and the staff there was efficient and friendly. I did not eat any other meals on site. No dinner meals at the other on-site restaurants.
There is a member area in the tower where you can get on the computer for 20 minutes, with a free password, or get a code from the membership staff to use your wireless. Worked well for me.
Periodically, there is entertainment down on the patio (music) and there is also sometimes music up on the top floor of the tower. Awesome view from there!
There is something about this area that I really enjoy (next door to Canto del Sol, being in the cobblestoned area which feels like a village). I always enjoy going down to Blake's Sports Bar nearby, as well as having easy-access to the bus and little restaurants and boutiques and massage shops in the area. Also, the area is directly across the main drag from the Versalles colonia, which is real Mexico and offers options for small restaurants and wandering.
There is a swim-up bar in the pool at Plaza Pelicanos Grand. There are also plenty of options for relaxing on the pool deck, with the day beds. The beach is fairly narrow. Sure do love the views of both, from up on the 7th floor. I would definitely return to this resort. It works for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort situated on beautiful Las Glorias, surrounded by colorful tropical vegetation. facing the Pacific in Puerto Vallarta, close to shops, Teatro Vallarta, Malecon, Caballito, restaurants, and attractions, only 15 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR) and 7 minutes from downtown. The layout offers private and quiet areas, as well as active areas for recreation.The hotel offers amenities like outdoor pool, a childrens pool, two aerial Jacuzzis with bay view, a health club, and a childrens club, concierge desk, Spa, Bali beds, wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas, wedding services and complimentary guest parking is limited, Sky lounge Bar, tennis court, karaoke room, game room, a buffet restaurant and two a la carte restaurant for dinner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Hotel
- Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Plaza Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach
- Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort Puerto Vallarta