There were 11 of us on this trip and that being said it was decent enough. The food was alright (nothing to write home about) but the staff was very friendly which made for an enjoyable experience.
Our room's toilet busted on day two, and started to smell like sewage. We complained and they moved us to another area of the hotel very quickly.
It was not very busy at all when we stayed (at least in the Grand section) but was busier later in the week.
The beach was very rocky, but they had nice canopy bed things that we were able to lounge in. The girls all went for a walk down the beach and purchased beach dresses and jewellery from the local vendors and they were not overly pushy as you sometimes hear about.
Its not that long of a walk into town (or cab ride for that matter, as long as you dont scare easily by "talented" driving from the locals....)
Overall it was a decent vacation for the price, especially since they were able to accomodate a large group of us.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Pelicanos
- Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Hotel
- Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Pelicanos
- Plaza Pelicanos Grand
- Plaza Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort situated on beautiful Las Glorias, surrounded by colorful tropical vegetation. facing the Pacific in Puerto Vallarta, close to shops, Teatro Vallarta, Malecon, Caballito, restaurants, and attractions, only 15 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR) and 7 minutes from downtown. The layout offers private and quiet areas, as well as active areas for recreation.The hotel offers amenities like outdoor pool, a childrens pool, two aerial Jacuzzis with bay view, a health club, and a childrens club, concierge desk, Spa, Bali beds, wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas, wedding services and complimentary guest parking is limited, Sky lounge Bar, tennis court, karaoke room, game room, a buffet restaurant and two a la carte restaurant for dinner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.