“Perfect Place for Families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta

You added Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo De La Marina Sur 7 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #56 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
san diego
“Perfect Place for Families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed here with a group consisting of 8 adults and 4 children ranging in age from 10 months to 4 years old. This place is perfect for people with kids. They have a kids club (free babysitting) starting for babies at age 4 months that is open during the day. It was perfect for dropping the kids off for a couple of hours while the adults had lunch and the babies could relax in a cool environment without someone having to sit in the room with them. There were scheduled activities for the older children, and each night they had a kids show that included kids from the kids club "Club Bam Bam".
As other reviewers have mentioned, the restaurant reservation policy is a little ridiculous. You have to wait in line to make a reservation for the following night. They are restrictive in the number of people per table, which made it hard for us since we had a big group. The restaurants were never full, and we didn't understand why they couldn't push 2 tables together to accommodate our larger group. The breakfast and dinner buffet (which has a/c) had a nice variety of food, and there was always one or two items that were being freshly grilled.
We had an ocean-view room, the M experience upgrade. Our room was large and beautiful. No complaints whatsoever.
Bottom-line, this is the place to stay with kids.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know your point of view of your last stay at Meliá Puerto Vallarta.

We are satisfied to know that your entire family enjoyed of our kids club. We hope see you soon, We´ll be waiting for you with open arms.

Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Puerto Vallarta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel does not have 5 restaurants. It has 2. One buffet and one restaurant that changes menus every night to give the false illusion of choices. There is a long pants rule no body advises you about prior to the vacation that they later deny you access to restaurants for. The food is tasteless, the alcohol is cheap, the building is so old it's ready to fall apart, the furniture is outdated. There is no daytime activities even though they advertise it. The pool is dirty and feels like a pool of sweat. The customer service, however, tops my list. The worst staff EVER. They do not care about your experience or your vacation. They do their jobs which they don't look like they like. Hardly anyone speaks English, that's because this hotel accommodated 80-90% Mexicans. I will never return to a Melia ever. I just wish someone had given an honest review on these websites when I was booking so I would have booked Riu like other who were satisfied with their stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Auburn, Calif
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a family vacation here. 8 adults and a 5 year old and 21 month old twins. The hotel
grounds were very nice - we chose to do an upgrade and had an ocean front room. The rooms were big and roomy. The entertainment in the evening was fabulous - as good as we have seen on a cruise ship. Every night a little different. The pool was huge and on weekends I guess they
open it to parties, or something, we saw young adults doing things in the pool that were not for
children's eyes. It was quite disgusting - then the last day we were there again a group of young
adults drinking and yelling and they even took a koi from one of the water areas and put it in the
pool. During the week it was great. Lots of activities and things for the kids to do.
I also thought the food was terrible - we had to go through hell to get reservations in the specialty
restaurants. Because of the kids we were told we had to go early, they made us feel like they were doing us a real favor, we get there and are the only ones in the restaurant. The food in all the special restaurants were not good - the buffett had the best food.
I must say that most of the staff were really nice, except when you check in they want you to talk to a concierge service - well these people are trying to sign you up for a time share. Anyway, be aware.

Room Tip: We ended up paying $40 a day for ocean front - our daughter & family paid the extra and were giv...
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

After spending seven days at this wonderful resort, it certainly went a long way to making my first visit to Mexico very memorable! I enjoyed everything about the Melia - the food, the service, the pool and beach, the grounds our room. We were within walking distance of the Marina, which we made good use of. Not sure what some of these other reviewers were wanting or expecting or experiencing for that matter, but I have nothing but glowing things to say about this resort. There were 14 of us in our group, so we required 7 rooms. These we received all on the same floor - all beside one another!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to know that in your first time in México gave us the chance to serve you and most than anything that your stay with us was pleasant.

We appreciate the time you took to write your comments, We'll be waiting for you with open arms.

Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager.
elpaso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our flight was canceled so the airline sent us here. Upon arrival I was informed our room would not be ready until 3. I explained my wife was pregnant and needed to lie down. After more than 1 hour waiting I went back to the front desk and they informed me the supervisor was coming. After 20 more minutes I still never saw the supervisor or got a room. I insisted on getting our luggage and I went to another hotel, without reservation, and they promptly got a room ready for us. It's incomprehensible that a pregnant women would receive that kind of treatment. Very uncaring staff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The airline put us there after a canceled flight for one night. It was like trying to sleep in a night club. The room smelled of mildew, what they called dinner was absolutely not appetizing and if you consider 6oz a drink you might be happy. Definitely my worst night in Puerto Vallarta

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Puerto Vallarta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Only reason why I stayed in this hotel was due to my flight being cancelled. I was excited and happy to get another day of vacation and it was free! However; just because it was free doesn't mean it was great. The room I had was for a family & i t was just me (A little freaky looking at bunk beds). Not only that, it had a lot of mosquitoes before I even checked in. Somehow they got in along with the lizards/geicos. There were stains on the sheets so I layed out towels and slept on them instead. *towels were rough* . the water was yellow when I turned it on to take a shower. The pool is ridiculously far from the rooms & swim up bar and service closed at 6!!! Pool area was worse than I've ever seen, barely any shade and lounge chair needs to be upgraded. Quality of Food was poor. Overall, my stay was horrible. Never ever going to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Been to Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!