“Very relaxing ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo De La Marina Sur 7 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Ranked #51 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Very relaxing ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was our first visit to Mexico :) the hotel was beautiful! Rooms were very clean. We were in the wrong style room but they had no problem moving us to the king room. Food was pretty good! Kinda boring after a week but still tasty. The vultures( people selling on the beach) drove me nuts but just keep saying no thank you and WALk away no eye contact lol. Freddy with Vallarta adventure( where u get kyats from) is AMAZING he is now a life long friend!!!! We did a couple tours atv and fishing it was a blast. The drinks were tasty not watered down at all. We went downtown a couple different days felt very safe. Over all we had a very relaxing time

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1,774 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We just got back from a two night stay at this hotel. We were scheduled to stay the week, but changed to an all inclusive (due to buying a membership at another resort) in Nuevo Vallarta which had a great beach, food, and accommodations. Melia was beautiful in the lobby, probably the most beautiful entrance and grounds for a hotel that I have seen. Not much positive to say after that. My wife and I do not have kids, so if we had kids we may have a different review as this hotel is geared towards entertaining kids.

We had lunch there one day at the buffet, and the food was pretty bland and not very good. Almost everything tasted funky and we were glad we did not pay for the all inclusive. There was a Cerveza bar outside the hotel with food and good drinks across the street to the right that we enjoyed and would recommend instead for lunch or a light dinner. Also, our room was at the very end of the hotel, and we had no hot water the first morning, and the second morning we had hardly any. Not that you wanted to take hot showers there at the end of May, but some hot water first thing in the morning would have been nice. We were in a room in Club Melia which is used by RCI members, and the room smelled stale, like it had been closed up for a while and they hadn't changed the air filter. The air conditioning also was not very strong and the room was just bareable in the hot and humid weather we were in. It was a little warm at night and the bed was pretty hard. The beach was small and there was not enough room to really take any kind of walk. It was also not all that pretty, but beaches around Puerto Vallarta are not that great. There are decent beaches in Neuvo Vallarta (20 minutes north of downtown), but if you are looking for a beach, Cancun would probably be a better choice. I think if the Melia improved their food and made sure hot water was getting to all rooms and that the air in the rooms smelled better, it would be a good hotel given how beautiful the grounds are. They just need to step up the service and quality control here. After staying at another place in Nuevo Vallarta that same week with superior food, accommodations, beach, pool, and service, we would not go back to the Melia except to walk around the grounds.

Puerto Vallarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The grounds are amazing. If you like to eat on vacation, make reservations each night. The buffet qualities are poor. The fruit was either not ripe or smelled/tasted like wet dog! The lettuce was dry and in large chunks. The fresh omlettes were very good each morning.

Absolutely no swimming on the beach here.

All inclusive should be used loosley as they have a mark up on certain drinks including coffee as well as activities you would like to partake in. All inclusive means buffets, reservations for dinner if made (but wine is extra at dinner plus some of the meals are extra) and a place to sleep. You have to pay for coffee for your coffee maker in your room!

They put us in the wrong sized bed and then told us they could not promise what we reserved. The next day, they had someone with our size bed check out and called to move us. When we brought our luggage downstairs, they said it would be another 2 hours till the room was ready so we waited in the lobby. We were not compensated for this inconvenience or even offered anything for our troubles.

One day our room was cleaned and they left us with no towels. Easily fixed.

Note about PV- they know your a tourist and everything has a steep price. $10 for 6 oz sunscreen, $10 for a towel you need for an excursion that was not listed that you need it (Beach Boy), $14 for bug spray, $20 for over the counter medicine. Be prepared to pay and they convert USD at whatever price they want. Better to have Peso's.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

West Bend, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

It was just ok. I liked the garden view I was given but would have preferred an ocean view. I am never in my room long enough to enjoy it so why pay $40 extra a night to look at water when you can just walk down there.
The room was ok it had ants in it every day even on our toothbrush... gross. Beds were rock hard but we were given extra pillows.
Food was ok for a few days but became very repetitive but never went hungry.
The resort as a whole was very Mexican and I'm used to less than 50% as I usually go to Cancun or Cozumel. It was hard to find Americans to talk to or hang out with and found the locals to be very rude manners wise.
It was ok and very relaxing, the staff worked hard and was the best part. I will not return to this hotel but it wasn't the worst vacation I have ever had. If you have small children it seems like this is, your place. Adults that want a little more fun and something new everyday should look elsewhere.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Puerto Vallarta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel itself was beautiful. Unfortunately we were constantly harassed by sales people to see some timeshare presentation - which became very irritating! The food was average, not much variety. Most of the hotel staff do not speak English, which was upsetting. When you pay the kind of money I did to stay here - I was not impressed that no one could help me - because not one speaks English!!! The water in the rooms occasionally would run yellow. Entertainment was boring - Bar areas are not very accommodating. There were far too many events booked at this hotel which interfered with the stay - in the sense things were restricted half the time!

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor will I be returning for a stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and I stayed at this resort in April. My parents belong to the Melia Vacation Club so we were able to get a suite with an ocean view. The room was great. It was huge, super clean, and very convenient because it had two bathrooms, three beds (two pull out couches), a small cooking area/dining room, whirlpool and two balconies. I have never had a more comfortable room on vacation. It was really nice for my family (2 kids, 2 parents) to have our own space after being together all day. Besides the room, this resort sucked. Our room was totally paid for by my parents, but if my husband and I were paying for it, we would have been very disappointed and I will not return to the resort again- free or not. The hotel in itself is very outdated and ugly. The pool is in bad shape- dirty looking and missing many tiles, no hot tub, or at least not one that worked. We had breakfast/lunch twice in the all-inclusive restaurant and the food was tasteless and yet kind of gross at the same time. We ate all other meals outside the
resort which got very expensive after 8 days, but better than the
hotel food. There just wasn't much to do at the resort. The pool area was just ok, the beach area is small and not picturesque, and my kids are a little too old for the Flintstone play areas. There was a fun balancing rope that we played on for an hour. It was the best part of the resort. My son did the batting cages as well, we took a short dance lesson, played foosball and shuffleboard. We only spent one full day hanging out at the resort and did everything there was to do (besides pay extra for a really weak mini golf course) so we spent the rest of the days on excursions (this also got very expensive!). Service was just ok in all areas and the time share people would not leave us alone, despite telling them my family already belonged to the club and we has no intention of joining. Apparently the other Melia resorts are very nice and upscale. This is their oldest and worst resort so they probably shouldn't be pitching sales based on this place! We have stayed at many other (non Melia) resorts in Mexico and they were all nicer, more fun, and had better service.

• Stayed April 2014
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I'm a Club Melia member and I have visited several Melia Hotels before and after becoming a member of the Club Melia ( Time Share , sort of ).....And I just visited All Inclusive Melia Resort at Puerto Vallarta Mexico......Not very impressed but a little surprised that it wasn't that bad as some reviews I red before making my reservation .
The food was within my expectations and the grounds are well kept.
I was glad that a lot of the personnel speaks english, though I speak spanish fluently and some french.
The beach area is not one of the best in Vallarta, there is a lot of rocks and stones and the beach is very short and uneven , but enjoyable .
The food and service at a la carte restaurants are ok.....witch I choose to go for dinner every single day.
The food at the buffet restaurant tend to repeat! specially when small crowds are staying at the resort depending on the day of the week , but still is ok food. But if you are the kind of person that only eat hamburgers, hot dogs and fries!!!!....you will be disappointed .

The captains at the restaurants are well behaved and very attentive.

I was going to write down my review at the Club Melia website, but unfortunately they don't allow a well and detailed criticism or they don't want to deal with it...So pity .

Outstanding the service I got from vacation concierge desk JUDITH AVALOS and JOSE LUIS at the Club Melia office, unfortunately I can't say the same from a lot of the management personnel in those offices.

Room Tip: Tower # 1 with ocean view are great ( if you can afford ) and away from the theatre Tower # 3 a li...