We just got back from a two night stay at this hotel. We were scheduled to stay the week, but changed to an all inclusive (due to buying a membership at another resort) in Nuevo Vallarta which had a great beach, food, and accommodations. Melia was beautiful in the lobby, probably the most beautiful entrance and grounds for a hotel that I have seen. Not much positive to say after that. My wife and I do not have kids, so if we had kids we may have a different review as this hotel is geared towards entertaining kids.
We had lunch there one day at the buffet, and the food was pretty bland and not very good. Almost everything tasted funky and we were glad we did not pay for the all inclusive. There was a Cerveza bar outside the hotel with food and good drinks across the street to the right that we enjoyed and would recommend instead for lunch or a light dinner. Also, our room was at the very end of the hotel, and we had no hot water the first morning, and the second morning we had hardly any. Not that you wanted to take hot showers there at the end of May, but some hot water first thing in the morning would have been nice. We were in a room in Club Melia which is used by RCI members, and the room smelled stale, like it had been closed up for a while and they hadn't changed the air filter. The air conditioning also was not very strong and the room was just bareable in the hot and humid weather we were in. It was a little warm at night and the bed was pretty hard. The beach was small and there was not enough room to really take any kind of walk. It was also not all that pretty, but beaches around Puerto Vallarta are not that great. There are decent beaches in Neuvo Vallarta (20 minutes north of downtown), but if you are looking for a beach, Cancun would probably be a better choice. I think if the Melia improved their food and made sure hot water was getting to all rooms and that the air in the rooms smelled better, it would be a good hotel given how beautiful the grounds are. They just need to step up the service and quality control here. After staying at another place in Nuevo Vallarta that same week with superior food, accommodations, beach, pool, and service, we would not go back to the Melia except to walk around the grounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Puerto Vallarta is a paradise for families and couples, where there is something for everyone and where everything is included. A wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic and imported drinks and recreational activities for all ages, spectacular evening shows performed by professional dancers, with a different program every night, and swimming pool with children's section and 2 whirlpool. The Flintstones have found the perfect place for their holidays: they are staying with your family in one of our first theme hotels: Yabba-Dabba-Doo bazaar, Roca Flash, RocAdventure, Baby Rock Club, Bamm Bamm Club and Cool Club. Let yourself be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Melia, Tingo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta