The grounds are amazing. If you like to eat on vacation, make reservations each night. The buffet qualities are poor. The fruit was either not ripe or smelled/tasted like wet dog! The lettuce was dry and in large chunks. The fresh omlettes were very good each morning.
Absolutely no swimming on the beach here.
All inclusive should be used loosley as they have a mark up on certain drinks including coffee as well as activities you would like to partake in. All inclusive means buffets, reservations for dinner if made (but wine is extra at dinner plus some of the meals are extra) and a place to sleep. You have to pay for coffee for your coffee maker in your room!
They put us in the wrong sized bed and then told us they could not promise what we reserved. The next day, they had someone with our size bed check out and called to move us. When we brought our luggage downstairs, they said it would be another 2 hours till the room was ready so we waited in the lobby. We were not compensated for this inconvenience or even offered anything for our troubles.
One day our room was cleaned and they left us with no towels. Easily fixed.
Note about PV- they know your a tourist and everything has a steep price. $10 for 6 oz sunscreen, $10 for a towel you need for an excursion that was not listed that you need it (Beach Boy), $14 for bug spray, $20 for over the counter medicine. Be prepared to pay and they convert USD at whatever price they want. Better to have Peso's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Puerto Vallarta is a paradise for families and couples, where there is something for everyone and where everything is included. A wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic and imported drinks and recreational activities for all ages, spectacular evening shows performed by professional dancers, with a different program every night, and swimming pool with children's section and 2 whirlpool. The Flintstones have found the perfect place for their holidays: they are staying with your family in one of our first theme hotels: Yabba-Dabba-Doo bazaar, Roca Flash, RocAdventure, Baby Rock Club, Bamm Bamm Club and Cool Club. Let yourself be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Melia, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta