“I stayed in nicer places” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta

You added Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo De La Marina Sur 7 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #58 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
West Bend, Wisconsin
“I stayed in nicer places”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

It was just ok. I liked the garden view I was given but would have preferred an ocean view. I am never in my room long enough to enjoy it so why pay $40 extra a night to look at water when you can just walk down there.
The room was ok it had ants in it every day even on our toothbrush... gross. Beds were rock hard but we were given extra pillows.
Food was ok for a few days but became very repetitive but never went hungry.
The resort as a whole was very Mexican and I'm used to less than 50% as I usually go to Cancun or Cozumel. It was hard to find Americans to talk to or hang out with and found the locals to be very rude manners wise.
It was ok and very relaxing, the staff worked hard and was the best part. I will not return to this hotel but it wasn't the worst vacation I have ever had. If you have small children it seems like this is, your place. Adults that want a little more fun and something new everyday should look elsewhere.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Puerto Vallarta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel itself was beautiful. Unfortunately we were constantly harassed by sales people to see some timeshare presentation - which became very irritating! The food was average, not much variety. Most of the hotel staff do not speak English, which was upsetting. When you pay the kind of money I did to stay here - I was not impressed that no one could help me - because not one speaks English!!! The water in the rooms occasionally would run yellow. Entertainment was boring - Bar areas are not very accommodating. There were far too many events booked at this hotel which interfered with the stay - in the sense things were restricted half the time!

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor will I be returning for a stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this resort in April. My parents belong to the Melia Vacation Club so we were able to get a suite with an ocean view. The room was great. It was huge, super clean, and very convenient because it had two bathrooms, three beds (two pull out couches), a small cooking area/dining room, whirlpool and two balconies. I have never had a more comfortable room on vacation. It was really nice for my family (2 kids, 2 parents) to have our own space after being together all day. Besides the room, this resort sucked. Our room was totally paid for by my parents, but if my husband and I were paying for it, we would have been very disappointed and I will not return to the resort again- free or not. The hotel in itself is very outdated and ugly. The pool is in bad shape- dirty looking and missing many tiles, no hot tub, or at least not one that worked. We had breakfast/lunch twice in the all-inclusive restaurant and the food was tasteless and yet kind of gross at the same time. We ate all other meals outside the
resort which got very expensive after 8 days, but better than the
hotel food. There just wasn't much to do at the resort. The pool area was just ok, the beach area is small and not picturesque, and my kids are a little too old for the Flintstone play areas. There was a fun balancing rope that we played on for an hour. It was the best part of the resort. My son did the batting cages as well, we took a short dance lesson, played foosball and shuffleboard. We only spent one full day hanging out at the resort and did everything there was to do (besides pay extra for a really weak mini golf course) so we spent the rest of the days on excursions (this also got very expensive!). Service was just ok in all areas and the time share people would not leave us alone, despite telling them my family already belonged to the club and we has no intention of joining. Apparently the other Melia resorts are very nice and upscale. This is their oldest and worst resort so they probably shouldn't be pitching sales based on this place! We have stayed at many other (non Melia) resorts in Mexico and they were all nicer, more fun, and had better service.

• Stayed April 2014
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I'm a Club Melia member and I have visited several Melia Hotels before and after becoming a member of the Club Melia ( Time Share , sort of ).....And I just visited All Inclusive Melia Resort at Puerto Vallarta Mexico......Not very impressed but a little surprised that it wasn't that bad as some reviews I red before making my reservation .
The food was within my expectations and the grounds are well kept.
I was glad that a lot of the personnel speaks english, though I speak spanish fluently and some french.
The beach area is not one of the best in Vallarta, there is a lot of rocks and stones and the beach is very short and uneven , but enjoyable .
The food and service at a la carte restaurants are ok.....witch I choose to go for dinner every single day.
The food at the buffet restaurant tend to repeat! specially when small crowds are staying at the resort depending on the day of the week , but still is ok food. But if you are the kind of person that only eat hamburgers, hot dogs and fries!!!!....you will be disappointed .

The captains at the restaurants are well behaved and very attentive.

I was going to write down my review at the Club Melia website, but unfortunately they don't allow a well and detailed criticism or they don't want to deal with it...So pity .

Outstanding the service I got from vacation concierge desk JUDITH AVALOS and JOSE LUIS at the Club Melia office, unfortunately I can't say the same from a lot of the management personnel in those offices.

Room Tip: Tower # 1 with ocean view are great ( if you can afford ) and away from the theatre Tower # 3 a li...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went to Melia Resort in Puerto Vallarta for a weekend, and at first I was not so very enthusiastic about this hotel, but after the 3 days we spent there, my perception really changed. Great food, excellent variety in drinks, and for me, as a dessert lover, the quality, taste and flavour were way beyond my expectatives.
Great attention from the staff, clean facilities, this hotel is an excellent option for families, we went in a big family group, (15 persons in all range of ages) and we spent a great time there, can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The higher number of the room gets a better view; for example, our room was 1301, close to the eleva...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know your impression about the hotel. We appreciate that you gave us the chance to serve you. Again, thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Its hard to believe that I can eat much better food on the side of the road than at this all inclusive. Think about that for a second- a street vendor is spending more money and time on ingredients than a place who can buy theirs in bulk. It doesn't make sense.

Its an inexpensive option to stay in PV but I wouldn't eat there. If you do go, make sure to specifically indicate the liquor you would like in your drink or you will get bottom shelf. I imagine its great for families who don't want to worry about their kids but that's about it.

The concierge also called a restaurant that we wanted to eat at and demanded a cut from the owner to make a reservation which was extremely classless and not at all in our best interest. I would contact the restaurants directly for reservations if you can if you don't want to support this crappy behavior.

That all being said, the other hotels in the area or a nice airbnb seem like a better idea than the Melia. I will not be returning.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from our vacation at Melia and we were very disappointed with most everything. The only good things I can say about it are that they did have very entertaining shows nightly and it is in a good location. We were able to walk to the Marina, and it was a short cab ride to Marina Terminal and El Malecon (the boardwalk). The food there was terrible at the restaurant and buffets, there were several times when I could not even eat the food because it was so disgusting and we went off the resort to eat. They only had one restaurant open our entire stay (which was 8 days) so if we had no option and if we wanted to have a nice dinner at the hotel we had to eat from the same, small menu every night. The entire building smelled like mold, especially the elevators. The staff there was not friendly at all, they all looked as if they did not want to be there and they were rude. The only nice employee we met was Adrian, he was working the activities area and he would go out of his way to say hi to us, was always smiling, and actually took time to get to know us. Also, the water in our bathtub/shower was coming out dark yellow when we went to take a shower. I called and spoke to the front desk about this and they simply told me we needed to let the water run longer before we took a shower and that would turn clear eventually, to me that is unacceptable and horrible customer service. Our mini fridge was only re-stocked on our second day there and after that we had to call for them to deliver our beverages if we wanted them. I feel if you are looking for a hotel in a nice area that you are able to walk around outside the hotel, good shows, and very kid friendly this is a nice place for you. If you are looking for good customer service, even average food, cleanliness, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

We will consider your comments and thanks for taking the time to write.

It is important to inform you that we are saddened that your stay has been very unpleasant. Because the points you mention are usually our forte. The quality of our food and service has received as described in the feedback below, always good reviews.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your comments, we invite you to give us again the opportunity to serve you, trust me that your comments will help us to improve every day.

Best regards

Been to Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!