“Best vacation ever!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo De La Marina Sur 7 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Ranked #52 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Plantation, Florida
“Best vacation ever!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I just came back from a week vacation at the Melia. I never thought a resort could have enough activities to keep me busy for a week but the Melia proved me wrong. The resort is jam packed with activities for singles, couples and families. My very favorite part of my trip were the activities. The resort gives you the choice to take part in so many activities or just relax by the pool or on your very own bally bed while sipping on the many variety of drinks. By the way the Bally Bed is a must. Kayaking, water aerobics, yoga, dance classes, painting , archery and more. The service at Melia is unmatched, you will never meet another staff that enjoy serving their guests like the staff at Melia . My 13 year-old daughter was really taken by how friendly everyone was . We now have pictures of some of the staff in our family album. She can't stop talking about how Patricia Pena was so super nice to us and how Marisa our Yoga instructor was so cool. The Melia really is a GREAT place to visit. I strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: You just can't beat an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to write your comments. We are pleased to read that we fill your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We´ll be waiting for your return to your home Melia Puerto Vallarta.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Melia Resort Hotel is truly an exceptional vacation in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. My family and me spend a week all inclusive vacation package, it was total relaxation and adventure. Our rooms, facing the beach with a fantastic view of the city night lights, comfortable bed, stock fridge, clean bathrooms thanks to Housekeeper Rita. All staff member appears to work in sync. from the lobby to the beach, they all are very helpful. Food and drinks are readily available. Activities exercise, scuba diving demonstration in the pool , kayaking, daily pool competition, water basketball and polo.beach volleyball and soccer, live music or DJ. Bally bed available for a fee. Four restaurant with different theme for special dinner date, daily buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nightly family shows, dancing, acting, illusion, retro, acrobat,talent shows for all ages. The water exercise instructor (Maritsa), dancer, actor was unbelievably awesome, energetic and great with kids and adults alike. Best masseuse ever, Lylia and marielle.Overall, the best family vacation we had. Planned for next year are on the works. The General Manager and the Customer Service Relation Coordinator (Patricia Pena) made our time there the most memorable vacation for my family.

Rudolph S.

Room Tip: The beah view is totally awesome
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and specially for taking the time to let us know your experience with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the activities and services that we offer.

Thank you again for your time, Be sure that we will waiting for you, with open arms.

Kissimmee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Melia Resort and Staffs made our family vacation "Unique and very memorable". When we booked this resort and read some of the reviews, we were skeptic and very unsure of what to expect... Thank God and we took a chance and went there. Our vacation was Superb! The General Manager and Patricia Pena was over the top in terms of guest service. very rare to have this first hand experience with Management in his level. They made us feel welcome and at ease the entire time, and no request was too big or small for them or the staffs to follow through.
Guestrooms are immaculate and our Housekeeper Rita was great. We had ocean view rooms and whether day or night, the view is spectacular. Rita replenished towels and kept the room clean throughout the day. Bathroom was very well stocked and the decor of marble counter tops and tile throughout the entire bathroom and walls compliments it well. Beds very comfy. there is a fridge in the room and they keep it well stocked with beverages. My daughters forgot to put their I-phones and purses with money inside in the room safe several times, and when we returned, it was still on the dresser.
The resort has 4 oversize Restaurants and we made reservations each night in a different one to dine-in (although not necessary). The food was delicious and the menu in the buffet was different each day - wide variety to chose from.They have all kinds of food and they cater to kids needs as well and we did not have to pay. You can choose to upgrade, but only if you chose to do so. When one restaurant closes, another opens. They have food until 3:30am and unlimited drinks. The servers worked as a team, so you don't have to wait or ask for anything while dinning.
They have a different show every night at 9pm and every show was impressive. Daniel (one of the dancer) is extremely talented. He was phenomenal. We looked forward to the shows at night and spent the rest of the night at the lounge upstairs where they had live music/DJ and dancing with drinks.
They also have activities for adults and kids daily. There is so much to do with the whole family. We did yoga each morning, played volleyball, we went Kayaking, Pool exercise, Scuba diving, water polo, dance class, Archery, the list is endless. My daughters loved Marissa. she is great with kids and a joy to be around.
They have Bally Beds facing the ocean and we had it for the entire week... You must reserve it even if for one day... the view is breathtaking and it's truly peaceful. The servers comes there and check on you throughout the day and bring you drinks while relaxing on the bally bed. We took an afternoon nap there each day.
My husband and I had massages done under the Gazebo over looking the beach - my favorite. Lylia and Marielle are tag teams. You must request one of them to do your massage. It is worth every penny, you'll go back for more. They are the best for massages.
Brian at the concierge desk was great with making all our reservations and taking care of our needs. Brian can arrange a romantic Dinner on the beach and help you select your menu with your personal server for a small fee... Incredible date night with my hubby.
Overall; the Staffs are overly friendly and extremely helpful. The resort has a family feel and their Staffs shared one common goal - Exceeding Guest Satisfaction. Always with a warm and friendly smile, and the feeling was genuine across the board with the other couples that we met... The Staffs that we had a chance to speak with says; they are very proud to work at the resort and they love their jobs. That speaks volume about the place and it's management.
You must experience this for yourself. I applaud their staffs for the level of services that they provided.
Don't miss out, because Melia is the vacation place to be.
This was the ABSOLUTE BEST family vacation that we've ever had and Melia is now our second home away from home and we certainly gained a new family. We felt safe the entire time and had no worries.The girls have chosen to go back next year for our family vacation and already planning their activities.

Seide Family.

Room Tip: High Floors - Corner Ocean View all the way!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Besides offering quality services, one of our goals is that you live at Meliá Puerto Vallarta unforgettable moments full of happiness and comfort, so we are happy to know that your stay was enjoyable.

We appreciate the time you took to write your experience with us. We will be waiting for you with open arms.

Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I don't know where to even begin of how phenomenal this hotel is. I was on a family vacation when I went to this hotel for my 11th birthday. At this hotel my family and I where treated like royalty. My family has never been to Mexico so this was new to us. This Hotel has multiple things you and your family to do. They have different kinds of restaurant in the Hotel. My personal favorite is Quetzal. This hotel is truly a family resort. Every night they put on a different show for people in the hotel to see. They have activities like Gun Shooting(16 or older), Archery(12 or older), Water Ball, Dance Class, Yoga(9:15 am), Volleyball, Water Aerobics, Rock Climbing, Snorkeling, and many more. So this is a great place for kids. To me this isn't a hotel it is an Oversized Mansion for kids like me. I recommend that you ask for Marissa she does great activities. I got m own room looking at the beach and on the balcony it has a hammock. They have all kinds of food even Italian. All the people who work there are very friendly. Best Family Vacation ever! All kids should go and enjoy. You have to go and experience Melia Puerto Vallarta. I told my parents we have to go back every year for vacation. I love this place.

Isabella S.

Room Tip: We had top floor ocean view and its the best view to see the ocean all day long.
Dear Guest,

It's a real joy to read comments like yours. Your satisfaction is our goal, so it is very important for us to know that our younger customers are very happy too.

It is a pleasure serving you, we'll be waiting for you and your family on your next vacation.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Poor service focused in sales of other services.
Organization below of standards considering Hotel certifications.
Is not a place to recommend.
Beds are bad and old.
I had a lot of problems during my check in, they changed my reservation and kind of bedroom in my reservation to one below.
People from front desk was not well prepare to solve problems, I had to check with my travel agency because they didn't found my information in CRM.
Even I had problems to arrived and I called to inform to the hotel their bad organization and poor service were showed, front desk person was worried to know how I was going to pay more than if everything goes well in my trip.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

We apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay, we assure you that it was never our intention. We appreciate you took some of your valuable time to write about your experience with us, this will help us to improve the quality of our services.

Again thank you very much, hope you will consider returning and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

M-Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Again, sorry for not posting these reviews! However, this was still one of my favorite Hotel Resorts. We was here in 2007 and still remember it as it was yesterday. My daughter still talks about it. The grounds were well kept and the staff were very friendly. This is by far the most kid friendly vacation we've had. So much for the kids to get into....I'm posting pictures so that everyone can view it from their own eyes. Thanks for the memories Melia'.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read comments like yours, where neither time nor distance have erased from our guests the experience they had at Melia Puerto Vallarta.
We always work to achieve that, a great experience full of beautiful and happy moments.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We'll be waiting for you with open arms in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I had a pleasant trip to the Melia Resort. It's an older resort, but it is well-maintained and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are wonderful and very friendly and they go out of their way to assist you. The food is good and there is a great family fun atmosphere.

The only downside was our experience with Club Melia. Upon check-in and after a lengthy journey, we were directed to an individual who would introduce us to the amenities of the resort. BEWARE - the primary purpose of this introduction is to sign you up for a one-on-one sales session to their club (kind of like a timeshare). If you do not wish to join, persist and tell them you are not interested. Unfortunately we got caught up in the guilt trip, "oh I need this to make money to support my family" and we agreed to attend the sales meeting. The meeting occurred 2 days later and was a passive aggressive sales pitch. We kept saying no and after 2 hours, of which we will never get back, we walked away without signing up. We were supposed to get a free massage and tour for our time but these gifts required us to provide a credit card number and our birth dates. We were not willing to do this so we did not get the gifts. Overall, this experience was a dark shadow on our vacation.

Vacationers are confronted with timeshares sales wherever you go in Mexico. Don't let this discourage you from taking a vacation, just be prepared to say no because many of the resorts have formed "clubs" and you will be asked for a "few minutes of your time".

Room Tip: If you want a quite room, ask to stay closer to the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Melia Puerto Vallarta. Your comments are being taken into account as they help to improve the level of quality of the services we offer to our guests.

Thank you very much again, hope you visit us soon and give us the opportunity to offer the best of our services.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!