“Wow!Just Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta

You added Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo De La Marina Sur 7 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #57 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Oakland, California, United States
“Wow!Just Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I don't know where to even begin of how phenomenal this hotel is. I was on a family vacation when I went to this hotel for my 11th birthday. At this hotel my family and I where treated like royalty. My family has never been to Mexico so this was new to us. This Hotel has multiple things you and your family to do. They have different kinds of restaurant in the Hotel. My personal favorite is Quetzal. This hotel is truly a family resort. Every night they put on a different show for people in the hotel to see. They have activities like Gun Shooting(16 or older), Archery(12 or older), Water Ball, Dance Class, Yoga(9:15 am), Volleyball, Water Aerobics, Rock Climbing, Snorkeling, and many more. So this is a great place for kids. To me this isn't a hotel it is an Oversized Mansion for kids like me. I recommend that you ask for Marissa she does great activities. I got m own room looking at the beach and on the balcony it has a hammock. They have all kinds of food even Italian. All the people who work there are very friendly. Best Family Vacation ever! All kids should go and enjoy. You have to go and experience Melia Puerto Vallarta. I told my parents we have to go back every year for vacation. I love this place.

Isabella S.

Room Tip: We had top floor ocean view and its the best view to see the ocean all day long.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

It's a real joy to read comments like yours. Your satisfaction is our goal, so it is very important for us to know that our younger customers are very happy too.

It is a pleasure serving you, we'll be waiting for you and your family on your next vacation.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Poor service focused in sales of other services.
Organization below of standards considering Hotel certifications.
Is not a place to recommend.
Beds are bad and old.
I had a lot of problems during my check in, they changed my reservation and kind of bedroom in my reservation to one below.
People from front desk was not well prepare to solve problems, I had to check with my travel agency because they didn't found my information in CRM.
Even I had problems to arrived and I called to inform to the hotel their bad organization and poor service were showed, front desk person was worried to know how I was going to pay more than if everything goes well in my trip.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

We apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay, we assure you that it was never our intention. We appreciate you took some of your valuable time to write about your experience with us, this will help us to improve the quality of our services.

Again thank you very much, hope you will consider returning and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

M-Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Again, sorry for not posting these reviews! However, this was still one of my favorite Hotel Resorts. We was here in 2007 and still remember it as it was yesterday. My daughter still talks about it. The grounds were well kept and the staff were very friendly. This is by far the most kid friendly vacation we've had. So much for the kids to get into....I'm posting pictures so that everyone can view it from their own eyes. Thanks for the memories Melia'.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read comments like yours, where neither time nor distance have erased from our guests the experience they had at Melia Puerto Vallarta.
We always work to achieve that, a great experience full of beautiful and happy moments.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We'll be waiting for you with open arms in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I had a pleasant trip to the Melia Resort. It's an older resort, but it is well-maintained and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are wonderful and very friendly and they go out of their way to assist you. The food is good and there is a great family fun atmosphere.

The only downside was our experience with Club Melia. Upon check-in and after a lengthy journey, we were directed to an individual who would introduce us to the amenities of the resort. BEWARE - the primary purpose of this introduction is to sign you up for a one-on-one sales session to their club (kind of like a timeshare). If you do not wish to join, persist and tell them you are not interested. Unfortunately we got caught up in the guilt trip, "oh I need this to make money to support my family" and we agreed to attend the sales meeting. The meeting occurred 2 days later and was a passive aggressive sales pitch. We kept saying no and after 2 hours, of which we will never get back, we walked away without signing up. We were supposed to get a free massage and tour for our time but these gifts required us to provide a credit card number and our birth dates. We were not willing to do this so we did not get the gifts. Overall, this experience was a dark shadow on our vacation.

Vacationers are confronted with timeshares sales wherever you go in Mexico. Don't let this discourage you from taking a vacation, just be prepared to say no because many of the resorts have formed "clubs" and you will be asked for a "few minutes of your time".

Room Tip: If you want a quite room, ask to stay closer to the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Melia Puerto Vallarta. Your comments are being taken into account as they help to improve the level of quality of the services we offer to our guests.

Thank you very much again, hope you visit us soon and give us the opportunity to offer the best of our services.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed there from 6/30 to 7/7 and from beginning to end, had an amazing time. I cannot speak for other people, but from our experience, our room was top notch, ocean view, marble shower/floors, a jacuzzi right outside on the balcony! king sized bed with overhead fan, AC worked great - so much so that we had to turn off on a few days because it was so cold (except for the times when you opened the balcony door, but c'mon you expect the AC keep the room cold while the caribbean humid air is coming in the room? not!# the livingroom with kitchen and entire room was spotless. we were also really impressed with water pressure inside the shower, I mean we felt like we were inside a waterfall. all the staff, from Ana our concierge, to Jonathan the bartender and restaurant host, to Luis on the security team, to Mariel who gave us our couples massage right on the beach, to Irma our cleaning lady, everyone went our of their way to make sure we had the best vacation ever. food at the buffet was very good and had something for everyone, the drinks people say are watered down which is not true, they make drinks on the light side to be on the safe side, but make no mistake, if you want to drink gasoline straight up, they will serve it to you or go find it for you if you if they dont have it, night after night we saw all the staff go out of their way to please everyone with whaterver their needs or request are, no matter how big or how small, and that deserves recognition. the hotel itself is very well kept, the swimming pool is enourmously big, beach is not that great but we found out its because the beach is federal property, not part of the resort, but the water is warm and pool water is even warmer. the gym modern and has free weights and machines for everyone and we got good workouts while there. The main bar is open until 1am not 11pm as people will lie about on here and also has a DJ or live singers every night, never did we get kicked out by security or asked to leave the area after it closed, in fact, after people were done drinking, we went to the snack bar which is open until 4am! for more food and drinks. they also have tons of activities for all ages, we did archery, rifle shooting, they have nightly shows, water exercises, bingo with prizes, hammocks to rest on, a volley ball net right in the pool, swim up bar with unlimitted drinks**strong or light, your choice**, 3 restaurants that need reservations which we never had any problems with, reservations took less than 2minutes, as for the restaurants we tried them all and liked the italian one best, but thats just personal preference. oh almost forgot, they have live Iguanas roaming the grounds which is also really cool! no worries about them bothering you or biting you, in fact, if you bring scrapts of food from the buffet, you can feed them and take pictures, they also have beautiful schools of multicolored fishes in the pond that also come up in masses for you to feed them with fish food located by the pond and they start jumping over each other to fight for food, tooo funny. Hotel is also the closest to the airport**less than 10minutes** and also close to marine terminal for the tours **about 7minutes or less** which comes in handy if you're running late to catch a tour. the Marina is also steps from the hotel and has many shops for shopping, a grocery store, a large assortment of restaurants. The mexicon peso on our trip was exchanged at $11.90 person per 1 US dollar which basically transpires to about $10 US dollars for $100 mexican pesos and can be done directly at the hotel service desk. Hotel also tells you how much to pay for taxis and other services so you do not get overcharged and what requires a tip and what does not, which is really helpful. all and all, we had a great time! at Melia and would definitely recommend this hotel to other people, couples and families, and we will definitely return if our vacation destination brings us back to Puerto Vallarta. Do not believe the negative reviews from other people who seem to had been staying a different hotel instead of this one.....Thank you again Melia for a wonderful, memorable week! ...Sincerely David & Cathy - New York.

Room Tip: ask for any room in the 1400 section, ocean view rooms, quiet, with ocean wave sounds as they splash...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are filled with happiness knowing that your stay with us was enjoyable and services offered filled your expectations, for us, comments like yours are what motivate us to give the best of ourselves, always working to provide quality.

We appreciate the intention and the time you took to share your experience at Melia Puerto Vallarta.

We will be waiting for you with open arms on your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Have a nice day.

mississauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We hesitated staying here because it is an older hotel, but we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was extremely friendly. This is near the town of Puerto Vallarta, which, unfortunately, isn't as busy with tourism as it was years ago, because most people go to the newer and more luxurious resorts in Nuevo Vallarta. We were there during March break. My kids were very touched by the excellent service by Juan, a waiter there. They were sad to leave and miss him. The rooms were clean as were the grounds and they were beautiful. A quiet beach. We went snorkelling and sea doo-ing. Also went what watching. We would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Is an honor read comments like yours, where we can see the results of our job, happy customers identified with our staff. Thank you so much for give us the chance to provide you our services and most of all to share your experience with potential future guests.

Thank you again, We'll be waiting for you and your family with open arms.

Guest Experience Manager.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I went there for the first time for Spring Break. I did a lot of research to pick the right hotel. I studied abroad in Mexico but had never been to Puerto Vallerta. The hotel is very close to the airport. We did not pay for a ca rot pick us up at the airport. When we got there we walked outside and there were so many taxi's there. Each zone has its own rate and the drivers gave us good prices. When we got to the hotel we were greeted and had to wait a little for our room to be ready. We went and got something to eat and checked out the hotel. Our room was really nice and the staff was very friendly. Don't pay for the excursions through the hotel. The marina is right across the street and there are a ton of companies that are way cheaper if you want to do excursions. When we had to leave we had the hotel call a taxi and we had to wait about 10 minutes but I think that was because we left at about 4am. Overall great vacation and we would definitely go back!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy to know that your stay was enjoyable for you and your couple, in Melia Puerto Vallarta Hotel we aim to make your stay a memorable one, full of comfort and happiness.

Thanks for giving us their views known. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.