“Great Place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo De La Marina Sur 7 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Ranked #51 of 120 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Ontario
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at Club Melia in the Puerto Vallarta Marina Area just after being at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta. While the Mayan is newer and more lavish, Melia has a lot going for it and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. At Melia the rooms for RCI members have ocean views and jacuzzis on the lanais. At the Mayan, RCI members are not given rooms with ocean views.

Club Melia is a short walk away from the marina area with lots of affordable restaurants and small convenience stores that are half the cost that you pay at the Grand Mayan. You can catch a bus right across the road from Club Melia, in order to go to Puerto Vallarta for sightseeing or groceries. There is a Mega grocery store that you can walk to if you don’t mind a 15 or 20 minute walk. Therefore, we opted not to have an all-inclusive package.

The Melia resort has an interesting water area with fish, ducks and iguanas to add to the atmosphere on the grounds. The pool is nice and we enjoyed sitting on the beach to watch awesome sunsets by the ocean. They have entertainment every evening but it doesn’t start til 9:30 pm. We didn’t see a big turnout, perhaps due to the time of night, and the clientele of young families and seniors.
We happened to be at Melia during university spring break time. The resort next door had students partying. The loud music only carried on from 2pm to 6 pm. They took the party elsewhere in the evenings.
We loved the Jacuzzi being on the lanai but had to keep getting maintenance to set the breaker switch for the jets to work. Don’t get all wet until you know the jets are working! There`s nothing like having a Jacuzzi under the stars at night – and I appreciated the entertaining pirate ship on the ocean giving a firework display. We played golf at the Marina course that is just a couple blocks away. You get a discount if you are staying at Melia. We wish they`d have a brochure telling you these things as we chose not to attend their breakfast presentation (much to their dismay).

Remember to close the lanai doors around 8 pm- 9pm to avoid a bit of a mosquito invasion.

Room Tip: We stayed at Club Melia in the Puerto Vallarta Marina Area just after being at the Grand Mayan in Nu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we are delighted that your stay at the Melia Puerto Vallarta hotel was enjoyed.

We appreciate the purpose and the time it took you share your experience with us and thanks to comments like yours, we can evaluate the quality of our services.

Thanks again and we will be waiting for you with open arms on your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Best Regards

1,777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at the Melia Resort April 6th-13th and had a wonderful time.I was worried about the reviews about the food but truly I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.Some of the meals were a bit salty and others I almost added salt to.There are 4 restaurant in total,Mexican,Italian and Buffet and a snack bar.We has an A La Carte dinner at Vitrales (Italian) and enjoyed the Canelones meal which was yummo.We had a dessert and they surprised us with Happy Birthday written on the plate (see pic for both).The La Palapa Grill hosted a Mexican meal and an Caribbean themed meal on 2 nights and they set up a authentic Mexican meal out doors as well near the Lobby outside which had vendors.The resort was what I expected for a 4 star resort and catered to families with children.Although there where many kids you did not find them under your feet and the one and only pool was so big that you really didn't notice them.The entertainment was not as good as other resorts as they catered to kids with a Flintstones theme.If they did what other resorts did the outfits would be to risqué for kids so I can see why they toned it down.Still it was entertaining and worth watching.We had room 2203 which was building #2 room 203 right beside the lobby.When we arrived my closet door did not close and patio door did not slide easily..Maintenance arrived and fixed both immediately as one was off the rollers and the other had a mud wasp nest in the tracks which explains why it didn't slide.lol..There was no ceiling fan but the A/C worked fantastic and so we didn't need one.The mini fridge was stocked daily and the trick to getting it colder is to prop the door slightly open..There was not a bug in our room the whole week and when we received notice they were spraying the hotel and rooms during out stay I enquired about putting my clothes back into my suitcase.I was told I could request that it not be sprayed till we left which I did..The room was really convenient to everything and right beside the Lobby bar.The entertainment went till am but we were not bothered by it.I guess if you were a light sleeper or had kids you may have found it loud at times.The patio over looked the pond which was awesome in the morning for coffee if you like the sounds of birds and waterfalls.We did not have a coffee maker in the room but were given one upon request but do take your own coffee and filters and they are not provided.We actually found the coffee in the lobby quite good and conveniently located so we really didn't use our pot and ended up given away our supplies when we left to Carlos at the Concierge desk.Carlos was part of the Timeshare but was very personable and not pushy in any way.Once we told him we were not interested he was still very helpful and was a great source of information.He was very helpful and concerned when we needed medical information. We ended up using our medical insurance for the 1st time in 20+ trip as my husband ended up with gasral issues.This is where Carlos was fantastic!! He guided us with valuable information on what to do and even called our room the next day to see how thing were going..Big Thanks to you Carlos..I spoke with Transat rep who called and asked which medical clinics where 'approved' for tourists..Here is a link and the top 3 clinics Air Transat recommended but they said call insurance to see who they deal with and sure enough they used one of them also.(http://visitpuertovallarta.com/services/hospitals/ ) They base their referrals on past usage by clients and feedback on services.Some Drs want $ up front and we were warned that they may empty your wallet 1st and then send you to the proper place but want a cut of the $ to be made..I would take these names with you to be safe and always call your insurance before seeking treatment as they handle everything and were great..The Dr on site is now in bldg 1 not by the lobby anymore and we were feeling the 'push' to go see him..I called the 1-800 number for Manulife and before we knew it they said a Dr. was on his way.We paid nothing to the Dr. who arrived within 1/2 hr and wrote 2 prescriptions.When I asked concierge where to fill the prescriptions he called it in and said they would be delivered in 20 minutes.When the fella arrived the price was 345 pesos which was about $32 CND and I was so stressed I realized they do not charge for delivery and I forgot to tip him.Amerimed is the clinic the Dr came from and he was very thorough in his exam.I would advise asking your doctor for a prescription of Cipro XL to take with you should you need it and will never travel without it again.Everyone we met was willing to give us their meds they brought and that is the same as what the Dr. prescribed..I was very impressed on how other tourists all came together to help each other out even though we had never met them when they knew we were in need..Thank-you to all who may read this and know I am taking about YOU..He issues were caused by a sudden change in diet.spicy and greasy food compared to our regular diet so do know it can happen to you.All in all would say we had a great trip and this resort in well worth going to.We had the best pool side service ever and for that we can thank Rossy and Angel as their service was exceptional and the best we've ever had..They work their butts off and deserve a tip as I'm sure that also helped our drinks to never be empty.I will say I DO NOT tip to buy service but to show appreciation..Everyone had orders taken whether tipping or not but they really do deserve tips and I was saddened to see not many were tipping..My barman's at the pool bar (Victor) and the La Palapa (Jesus) restaurant bar were great also and made me Almendra Tostada's (Coffee liquor,Amaretto & milk..NOT cream) and Speedo Removers (lol) even thought I had to tell them how..Simon our waiter at La Palapa was the guy to have and always remembered what we wanted (they have awesome ice cream there also)..If you have a trip booked for here you will have a great time..Don't forget to see the iguanas by the pond as they are the biggest we have ever seen..some 4-5 feet long!!.Some were even petting them like a kitten on their heads even though you are asked not to due to germs we carry which could damage their skin.And be sure to walk to the Marina a few blocks away and it was a nice walk but do be prepared to be bombarded by the land sharks about timeshare..There were many vendors daily on the beach but we did not go there as the lounging chairs looked rather beat up plus we enjoyed the pool side service to much..We went in to "O" town and walked the Melacon and the bus was 6 pesos each way..WalMart was about 2 miles away and walkable if you need anything..Over all would say that we would go back again if we got another good deal ($850/wk p/p) and got more then we expected when we booked here..The only thing I would like to see changed is the enterance to the hotel as it needs more colorful flowers..Not sure if it was the time of the year but really walking back from the Marina nothing about the enterance really jumped out at me..Rather plain in my opinion and could use improvement and more detailed landscaping..gracias for reading..PS..would like to say that we also met 8 great people there that we will definitely be keeping in touch with so don't be shy and do say hello to those around you as you may end up meeting many good people too..Thanks for the memories amigos you know who you are..PPS.. I would also like to add that we flew with CanJet who we have never heard of and while the flight crew going down was fantastic the ones bringing us home (C805 April 13th) could use improvement..The best part is when I got off the plane I left my phone on my seat and when I called the next day (Sunday) Olga said she would look into it and within 1/2 hr I got a call from her saying they had it..Kudos to the cleaning crew for being honest..Will fly with them again that's a for sure..AND on the way there a guy left his wallet on the plane and he also had it returned before he went through customs!! Now that's customer service..You reading AIR CANADA????

Room Tip: 1406 had a nice view of the coast of PVR and the ocean but they said they could hear the noise from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a real pleasure to know how wonderful time that you spent with us, for us it´s very important know that we fulfilled your expectations and day by day this comments motivate us to continue to provide a quality service.

Our staff always will be happy to give you the best service to have a good experience,
they care about every detail to make a difference and be very professional like Angel, Victor, Jesus, Carlos and Rossie, they are going to be very happy to know that they are doing an excellent job and being recognized.

We would love to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards.

Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We went here for our honeymoon and it was magical. The "resort" is more of a large hotel, but it suited us just fine. The food was great, the entertainment was great (especially the mime act, he was phenominal!), the service was great. We have stayed at other Melia resorts and this one tops our list. We were not pressured for time shares, as you often are in these types of locales. The staff was friendly, attentive, and helpful. The grounds are beautiful, and they have many critters running about that are fun to see. Our maid service was fantastic. She was thorough and even paid attention to our little notes we left asking for specific beverages to be left in our fridge. I really must emphasize how great the nightly entertainment was; karaoke and a different show every night of the week. The entertainers were just awesome. Again, we've stayed at other Melia resorts and their night shows were laughable. These people were superb.

Room Tip: Almost all of the rooms have a great view. We saw no need to upgrade to a room with a "jacuzzi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate knowing that your stay at melia hotel was pleasant, and more on a special date for you, we consider important the time you took to write about your experience with us.

Our pleasure is give you a great experience at Melia Hotels, We'll be waiting for you in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Best Regards

Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went to this resort in March with my husband and loved it so much that I didn't hesitate to return in April with my sister, son and his girlfriend.

In March we upgraded to the M Experience room, It had a beautiful beach front ocean view but I wasn't sure if it was worth the upgrade so in April we chose the Garden view room. It overlooked the beautiful garden and ponds and we were on the 3rd floor so we could see the ocean as well from a distance After staying in both I found the differences to be subtle but added all together the M Experience room does give a more luxurious feel. The sound of the ocean, face cloths, rug beside bed, higher quality lotions and bath amenities, full size hair dryer, fluffier towels, close walking distance to the beach/pool, turn down service at night with chocolates left on the pillows are a few to mention.

Everybody that I traveled with both times found the food to be delicious with a wide assortment. The Italian a la carte was a favourite and the pool snack bar was a huge hit.

The entertainment crew were very good and they put a lot of hard work into the shows. We enjoyed the archery and rifle shooting twice daily and participated with many activities through out the day. The activity crew was great. I didn't travel with young children but I did admire how good they were with the kids and the kids certainly looked excited to enter the programs I was originally concerned about the resort having too many children when I wasn't traveling with any myself but they do a very good job of keeping the kids happy and occupied so it wasn't an issue.

All the staff is just amazing. The cleaners work all day keeping the resort spotless and are so friendly. Silvia at the omelet station greeted me every morning with a big smile. She makes the most amazing omelets. Jesus at the pool bar makes the best banana, Kahlua and Baileys smoothies and Benjamin, Rossy and Angel bring the drinks non stop all day right to your pool chair with a big smile. They are so pleasant to be around.

The location is perfect It is 5 minutes from the airport which is such a nice change from spending hours on a bus.

The pool is heated and is quite a large size. I'm personally not a beach lover but it appeared to be very nice and my son enjoyed it very much.

The weather was pure sunshine both weeks...We will be back next year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you so much to share your experience in Melia Puerto Vallarta Hotel with future potential guests. We appreciate the time you take to write about your trip.

Know That your stay with us was satisfactory is a great joy for us, as your satisfaction is our goal, so comments like yours is what makes us see the result of our work.

Will be waiting for you...

Kind regards

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

First of all I chose this property for price. This isn't my main vacation of the year just a little weeks get a way and budget was a concern. I have to tell you I got everything I paid for and a ton more. LIke all of the reviews say it's a great resort for families. The kids had something to do all day long and the staff seemed to enjoy keeping them busy and they were all well behaved. We don't have kids ourselves but they were no bother to us. In fact we enjoyed watching them have the time of their lives.

The room we had was nice enough. Nothing fancy but we were only there for sleep and shower. The food was typical AI food in fact better than most AI's I have been to in Mexico with always something good to eat. It was nice having dinner on the beach as they change things up every night. We only tried the Italian al a carte and the dinner was very good.

We didn't do much as far as site seeing goes but the marina is just a few minute walk from the Hotel wich is a great plus especially if you have kids. We spent most of the time relaxing around the pool and I got to tell you Rossy and Angel around the pool were serving up the drinks non stop. I have never had pool service like that even at the high end AI's. Those two work so hard all day to please you. Be sure to tip them well as they work so hard.

The Hotel is not just for families. there were groups of people of all ages. We are mid 50's and had a great relaxing time. In fact they don't have the 18 to 25 year olds being drunk and loud partying all night and day. The evening shows are very good in fact some of the best I've seen at AI Resorts in Mexico. The staff works hard to make them a good production.

For the price I wouldn't hesitate to go back and I think I will.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We consider it very important the comments about the hotel, we really appreciate the time to share with us your experience at Melia Puerto Vallarta Hotel. Your satisfaction is our reason of being

Again thank you very much and we will be waiting for you with open arms when you return.

Best regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our first all inclusive vacation. We stayed for 2 weeks. Service was outstanding everyone was very helpful and friendly. I think because we were there for a long period we got a little tired of the food and ventured out to a few restaurants. When we booked our vacation we had paid for ocean view room. We got a partial ocean view and some of the resort. The beds and pillows were not super comfy though. Very very clean resort. Our son loved feeding the koi fish and iguanas. The pool is a good size but you have to go early to get a good chair in the shade. They had lots of activities going everyday and little competitions. We went to a few of the evening shows Flinstones and disco fever both were pretty good and funny. They have one buffet and 3 al la carts. We found the Italian one the best for food but had not as good service.
We talked to Charlie from Blue line alot he gave us alot of help with booking our tours and when we wanted to get out for the day. The security at the gates were very helpful and great people. I think we would go back but we have nothing to compare to. Rented the Bali beds one day that was a nice treat. Overall we had a great time here a few issues here and there but a great time and good clean friendly resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear guest,

We are very happy to know that your stay at Meliá hotel was enjoyable, we are very interested to have customers like you that share their experience and help us to receive feedback from the hotel.

Thank you very much for your time, we will be waiting with open arms.

Best regards

bskhol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Good for families, not so for party goers.

It is good hotel, convenient from the airport, further away from downtown and night life.

I, my wife and daughter just came back from a Mexico vacation. This was our 5th trip to Mexico and 2nd to Puerto Vallarta. Experience with Melia Vallarta was,overall, pleasing: hotel was clean, well kept, staff was always ready to help, most spoke some English. There were enough activities for all of us, including my 12 year old daughter: every night different show, archery, beach volleyball, swimming pool activities and so on. I give hotel extra pluses for providing free soft drinks and drinkable water in the fridge and also for free, although, at times painfully slow wi fi internet in the lobby. If you want to get internet in your room, you will have to pay. Food was good quality, sometimes lacked variety. This is a family hotel, popular with Mexican families, don't expect wild parties until morning. it has bus stop next to it, about 20-30 minutes to get to Malecon. Taxi ride there about $8.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager. at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your intention and time to share with potential future guests your experience with us.

It is good to know that you and your family enjoyed all the facilities during your stay. We will take your points of views referent the internet, this comments help us to improve our service every day.

We will be waiting for you and your family.

Best Regards.

Guest Experience Manager.

Been to Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!