We stayed at Club Melia in the Puerto Vallarta Marina Area just after being at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta. While the Mayan is newer and more lavish, Melia has a lot going for it and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. At Melia the rooms for RCI members have ocean views and jacuzzis on the lanais. At the Mayan, RCI members are not given rooms with ocean views.
Club Melia is a short walk away from the marina area with lots of affordable restaurants and small convenience stores that are half the cost that you pay at the Grand Mayan. You can catch a bus right across the road from Club Melia, in order to go to Puerto Vallarta for sightseeing or groceries. There is a Mega grocery store that you can walk to if you don’t mind a 15 or 20 minute walk. Therefore, we opted not to have an all-inclusive package.
The Melia resort has an interesting water area with fish, ducks and iguanas to add to the atmosphere on the grounds. The pool is nice and we enjoyed sitting on the beach to watch awesome sunsets by the ocean. They have entertainment every evening but it doesn’t start til 9:30 pm. We didn’t see a big turnout, perhaps due to the time of night, and the clientele of young families and seniors.
We happened to be at Melia during university spring break time. The resort next door had students partying. The loud music only carried on from 2pm to 6 pm. They took the party elsewhere in the evenings.
We loved the Jacuzzi being on the lanai but had to keep getting maintenance to set the breaker switch for the jets to work. Don’t get all wet until you know the jets are working! There`s nothing like having a Jacuzzi under the stars at night – and I appreciated the entertaining pirate ship on the ocean giving a firework display. We played golf at the Marina course that is just a couple blocks away. You get a discount if you are staying at Melia. We wish they`d have a brochure telling you these things as we chose not to attend their breakfast presentation (much to their dismay).
Remember to close the lanai doors around 8 pm- 9pm to avoid a bit of a mosquito invasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Puerto Vallarta is a paradise for families and couples, where there is something for everyone and where everything is included. A wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic and imported drinks and recreational activities for all ages, spectacular evening shows performed by professional dancers, with a different program every night, and swimming pool with children's section and 2 whirlpool. The Flintstones have found the perfect place for their holidays: they are staying with your family in one of our first theme hotels: Yabba-Dabba-Doo bazaar, Roca Flash, RocAdventure, Baby Rock Club, Bamm Bamm Club and Cool Club. Let yourself be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Melia, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta