Took this trip as a last minute - book Monday, depart Saturday. Had never been to either the Melia or the Marina area before.
#1 - People. Have nothing but positive things to say about the staff and that includes the front desk. Had a couple of minor issues that were expediously resolved. On one occasion my safe stopped working. Advised the desk who said I would have to be in the room when the repair person arrived. Resolved myself to a lengthy stay but he arrived and fixed things within 10 minutes.
Outstanding individuals - Rosie and Angel around the pool. These people just never stop. I am sure they are repeat employees of the month.
- Sylvia at the omelette station. Start your day with custom ordered food and a bright smile. She remembered your order by day 3.
- Juan in the Buffet. Mr. Personality.
#2 Location- As a person who enjoys walking I found the Marina to be fascinating. Lots and lots of fancy yachts including the INVADER which is listed as one the 100 largest yachts in the world.
#3 - Pool - lots of lounges which means despite the towel savers there are ample for everyone anyway. Big enough so the activity people could enjoy their thing without drowning out normal conversation elsewhere.
Can't really comment on the overall food because we did not take the time to do the a la carte restaurants. The poolside snack bar though is amongst the best I have encountered. Be quick to get the onion rings because they go fast.
Sampled only some of the evening shows. Nice to see something different and not the usual rehash of pantomined Grease and Michael Jackson shows.
Enjoyed the evening cocktail lounge. Music on many evenings but not trying to be a dance club. Those wanting that type of thing could head downtown PV for 80 peso's in a taxi.
Our room on the 7th floor of building 2 was pleasant but the view was outstanding. Could see the cruise ships coming and going as well as the lights of downtown PV plus fireworks some evenings.
All in all it was a most pleasant experience. Met people who are repeat visitors up to 10 times so that tells you something.
They do have time share/vacation club promoters in the lobby who introduce themselves as vacation concierges. They are not especially high pressure but its just not my thing. The people sitting at the "public relations" desk seemed to provide assistance without any kind of "will you go to my presentation" factor. For instance when I inquired about renting a car, they quickly called two different companies to provide me with two quotes without me even asking.
Over the years have been to resort Mexico 25 times and usually to a new location. Having said that there is nothing that would preclude me from returning to the Melia and I would certainly have no qualms about making it a family vacation with children and grandchildren.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Melia Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Puerto Vallarta is a paradise for families and couples, where there is something for everyone and where everything is included. A wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic and imported drinks and recreational activities for all ages, spectacular evening shows performed by professional dancers, with a different program every night, and swimming pool with children's section and 2 whirlpool. The Flintstones have found the perfect place for their holidays: they are staying with your family in one of our first theme hotels: Yabba-Dabba-Doo bazaar, Roca Flash, RocAdventure, Baby Rock Club, Bamm Bamm Club and Cool Club. Let yourself be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Melia, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Venere, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.