“Stephane's comments trip advisor” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta

You added Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo De La Marina Sur 7 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #56 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Montreal, Canada
“Stephane's comments trip advisor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very nice lobby. The whole complex is very clean and well maintained except for the non-working elevator. Staff is very nice and eager to help. They are very proactive. I was disappointed with the food. Pretty average buffet with a lack of variety. The beach is small and the water is somewhat cold. Good entertainment for family. A lot of activities at the pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Josefina T, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
First of all thank you for your comments that will help improve our service. We are working the food variety, so every client can taste different kinds of food. We are also working with the elevator that at this time is out of service since we are waiting the spare parts.

We wish that you will visit us soon to see the changes in the hotel.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is not a "5-star" resort, but it is a very nice one. The grounds are well cared for, the rooms and food are decent, the reservations-required Italian restaurant was wonderful, and the staff is exceptional. Just returned from a stay Jan. 27 to Feb. 4 with our 9 month old and 3 year old; it was great. The Baby Rock Club staff--Lula and the other incredibly wonderful woman who was there when we were two years ago, but I can't remember her name--took great care of our kids and did so many activities that our 3 year old wanted to go to his "new school" every day. Whether it was feeding the giant fish, making their own pinatas and a pinata party, a pirate-themed day corresponding with the day of the pirate show, making cookies/cutting out shapes, they kept the kids busy and entertained and most importantly, happy. Our server for breakfast/lunch took great care of us, promptly remembering what we had each day and accommodating our kids. The reservations-required restaurants reserve 6-7 p.m. for families with small kids, so that is nice. And again, the pack-n-plays were in very good shape.

The marina is always a nice walk. There is a little Exxo gas station just down the street from the hotel (closer than the Marina) that had everything we needed, even dish soap, diapers, wipes and baby food.

It is a family place. Most people have kids with them. It is loud by the pool because kids are loud. Great trip, again. Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Josefina T, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
It is a great pleasure for us to know that our Hotel exceed your expectations for second time and thank you for shared with us your valuable comments. Our commitment is to create unforgettable experiences.

I am glad to know our Kids Clubs specially Lala and Karina made their effort to keep your baby’s happy, they will be proud to receiving your review.

Meliá Puerto Vallarta is a family friendly hotel offering Kids Clubs with baby-sitting services led by trained and certified baby sitters for children from 4 months to 10 years. The Flintstones serves as brand ambassadors making regular appearances.

We hope to see you soon!
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just got back from a wonderful trip to Puerto Vallarta and area.
Melia has seen better days.
Looking a bit run/worn down. Outdoor property needs a good cleaning, especially the bird poop.
One elevator down and not working for the week we were there.
Staff was awesome and very helpful. Best we have experienced in our travels.
Entertainment was enjoyable and a lot of effort went into the productions.
Food was good and not lacking. No complaints at all.
Housekeeping:
Rooms OK but could use a good cleaning.
Bedding a bit scary.
Sheets and covers were clean, but have/had stains from past activity?
Found hair on mattress cover? (no mine).
Prior to leaving and checking under the bed, it appears to not to be cleaned regularly. Some fuzz and foreign stuff.
Mattress was sagging in the center.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view room high up if you like to look out unto the water. But you sacrifice quietness...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had an amazing time here. The people were so helpfull and friendly and the breakfast and dinner buffet was fantastic! The lunch buffet was not that great but the breakfast and dinner made up for the lunch. The workout room was ok, not a lot of equipment but enough to feel like you got.something done.
We went fishing with Roberto off of the beach vendors and it was so personal...just us fishing, no group to compete with, it was great! We caught fish, saw dolphins, whales and sea rays! We also went on a whale watching tour that used light aircraft to locate the whales. I was skeptical at first but they definatlely knew exaclty where the whales were going to be.
Best vacation we have ever had!

• Stayed February 2013
Josefina T, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us. It is a great pleasure to know that our Hotel exceeded your expectations.

We look forward towards welcoming you in a near future.
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband, 4 kids (4, 6, 9, 11), and grandma and grandpa (67 & 68) stayed here Feb. 14-22. Two kids in our room in the Kids bunk bed room, and 2 kids with grandma and grandpa in a regular room. The bunk bed room was cute and the kids loved them (but yes, they were very squeaky). My parents were in another building, so they asked to be moved closer to us. They were offerred the bunk bed room at no cost, which was a nice bonus. We've been to Mexico many times and usually have more trouble with requests like this, so we were impressed the Melia made the switch (after 1 night) for them.

Resort: Lobby was spacious with lots of seating area, which was nice for the free Wi-Fi. Grounds were very nicely kept. Nature/water feature areas were clean, birds, fish, and iguanas to look at. Gym was ok (hot), but got the job done. Rooms were average-but we don't need much and don't spend much time in there. As mentioned in other posts, there were very small ants in the bathroom all over the sink/countertop- and it didn't bother us except when they were sighted on our toothbrushes. Beds were so-so, and sheets were always a little damp.

Food: was great. I especially liked the Italian and Seafood restaurants, the Mexican was just so-so for our family. The buffet had a pasta station with choice of two sauces (usually a white and a red), always salad, always sushi rolls, usually chips and pica de gallo and or guacamole (this was my go-to), and chicken/rice/vegetables. The pool bar had a smaller selection but usually had burgers/hot dogs, fries...some other easy to eat things nice for the kids. There is no "beach" bar or place to eat, but it's close enough to the beach that you could walk and get what you need. That is one thing about this resort compared to other all-inclusives- things are close in proximity that it's not too much work. Drinks were great- strong enough, plenty of them, and as everyone says- a $1 tip every now and then keeps the waiter coming back, as it should.

Beach: there was plenty of sand and on either side of the resort beach, there were huge rocks. My kids loved climbing on them. However, the ocean did not have much shallow water, and the tide was strong. It limited all of us from doing much swimming at all, and I would never let my kids go out more than 4-5 feet. I worried it would pull them away! Maybe it wasn't that bad...but it was the strongest I've ever seen on a vacation. There are merchants on the beach (one offered my husband pot) but we usually ignored them. Being polite is fine the first few vendors, but then it gets old. The resort needs to do something about this.

Pool/Activities: we've stayed at places that have daily print-outs of activities/drink specials/nightly entertainment which is nice. Melia has daily activities near the pool, and it serves the same purpose and probably is a lot less work for them (but still like the "newsletters" better). They had water aerobics, water and beach volleyball, tennis, archery and pellet rifle shooting (fun), mini-golf and batting cages (never made it to these), fussball table, ping pong table, metal bb goals to shoot from the water, kayaks (never made it to this), guacamole and sushi making for adults and kids near the pool, blackjack. Kids could not check out equipment but it wasn't a big deal for me to run over and check out a water bb. Winners of games usually get Tequila or a t-shirt. The water was not warm, or cold...but just a tiny bit cool for me! Kids had a great time.

Nightly entertainment: was GREAT. We thought every night (except comedy- sick kiddo that night) the dancers were wonderful. My kids LOVED it, it was TASTEFUL!!!

Kids Club: my girls only went a few times but had a great time when they did go. I think the staff did a good job with them. When my 6 yr. old got sick on our 2nd day (thinking it was a virus she came with vs. Mexico water) I went there for med. advice. They advised TREDA- and I think it helped although at that point my child had not injested much for days and the diarhhea had slowed. Regardless, they were concerned and helpful.

Tennis: courts weren't the best but did the job. Melia had rackets that were in good shape (balls not-so-much) and we could always get a court for the next day at a time that worked for us. Tip: early morning the courts are in the shade! :)

Beach VB: was scheduled for 2x/day, and we loved that. They watered down the court if it was hot, and the ball rarely went over the wall to the beach which I wondered about when looking at this resort previously. The court DOES however have concrete underneath, so diving was dangerous. A few of us have some wounds to show! The other gripe I have- I LOVE vb, and I LOVE kids- but 4-12 year olds were out there on the court every time we tried to start up a game. There parents just stood next to them, and cheered them on, and most of us were courteus and patient. It ruined my VB experiencE!!!! I play with my 9 and 11 yr old on MY time, and I don't expect them to be taught by 10 other adults while on vacation. It would be great if Melia would enforce this a little. I tried once or twice, but when the (crazy) parents are encouraging their children to play with grown men who could potentially land on them....what can you do? It's not safe and it's not fun.

Nearby: we said we weren't going to go on excursions this time, with the news/trouble of crime in Mexico. (our girls are blond and I think they stick out!) But, the marina is very close and we were comfortable walking there. SO MANY tourists there...we felt PV would be safe because Mexico would be protecting tourist areas=$$$. Shopping at the marina and places to eat, although we didn't eat. My husband and I took the bus ($.50 each way/pp) to Walmart and Sam's to get medicine for my 6 yr. old (super-sick with vomiting/fever/diarrhea). It is always fun and neat to see the way locals live, although again there were lots of tourists and/or ex-pats.

Overall: good resort. We don't think it was at full capacity, which was great except my kids love to meet other kids and they may all be in school! Every place has good and bad. We never expect a 5 star, and are there for sun and relaxation and fun for our kids. This place met and exceed our goals.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are grateful of these comments. We are really happy that you enjoyed our hotel and that you were satisfied with our services.

In reference with the ants, beach VB court and merchants on the beach, I would like to mention that each point have been discussed and reviewed carefully with our staff in order to take the necessary measures to correct these problems

We look forward towards welcoming you in a near future.

Regards from Sunny Puerto Vallarta
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Melia seems like it has seen better days. It's a huge hotel but thankfully didn't seem to have too many guests for our visit. The hotel facilities visibly declined while we stayed there. The fountain in the pool worked the first day but not after that - at which point the pool was colder. The food was OK but got old after a couple of days since it was all the same. The children's entertainment and shows were excellent. A big bonus was that the air conditioning in the rooms was so quiet and effective.

Overall, I'd be happy with everything but for the one thing that really would stop me from coming again. The music, shows, and announcements are WAY TOO LOUD. My ears were ringing the next day after watching two shows. Believe me, I used to be in several rock bands, but this is TOO LOUD. I'm not prepared to expose my 2yr old daughter to this so we couldn't watch any more shows... and please, please, stop shouting at everyone at the pool area all day through the PA. We're on vacation and trying to relax for God's sake!

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby area. 4th floor. Our garden view room had a view of the ocean. All rooms se...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fair Haven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at the Melia about 5 years ago & returned here 2/8/13-2/15/13. Some things have changed, some not. Our room was very nice & updated (stayed in Tower 2). Housekeeping kept the room very clean and we were never without enough towels, washcloths, etc. Service at the pool was excellent! Not many hotels have pool service & it was a nice luxury. The ways it changed was the room updating and the service seemed more professional. The food still needs some improving. The ala-carte restauants were very good. Breakfast & lunch buffets were good. But the evening dinner buffets were not that good. We went to eat three times at a restaurant in the Marina area after checking the dinner buffet out & not seeing too much appealing to eat. The pool area & entire grounds are kept very clean. The Melia is located in a great area-close to the shops, etc. at the Marina, and just a short cab ride to downtown. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay & would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Josefina T, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive notes regarding your stay. We are pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable. Regarding the Dinner food, our Executive Chef will continue working on the variety.

We will be honored to have you at Meliá Puerto Vallarta again for your next vacations.

Been to Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!