Well this was our second time to PV, last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn which we enjoyed also. I did some searching and decided to take on the Melia and was so glad I did. The resort is really nice and clean, booking was so quick and the room was adequate (Deluxe Ocean View). I was a bit disappointed that the room was more of a garden view than an ocean view, but if you leaned out on the balcony you could look into the ocean. The food was great and so were the drinks. Our favorite a la cart was the Mexican one, mmmmmm so good. You have a choice where to sit, you can sit in the sun in an elevated seating area where the beach vendors can't bother you, you can sit on the beach, but the vendors are not very aggressive, or to can sit by the pool and there is ample seating. It about 10mins to the town and is 80 pesos. Very good resort for families with any age of child or children, but I never experienced a lot of children. The lobby desk offers currency trade which I feel was a fair rate. The only problem we experienced was the elevator which when we got there only one was working then for one day none were working and the last two days both were working hahaha but no big deal we needed the exercise after all we ate. If I go to PV again I would stay at the melia again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Puerto Vallarta is a paradise for families and couples, where there is something for everyone and where everything is included. A wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic and imported drinks and recreational activities for all ages, spectacular evening shows performed by professional dancers, with a different program every night, and swimming pool with children's section and 2 whirlpool. The Flintstones have found the perfect place for their holidays: they are staying with your family in one of our first theme hotels: Yabba-Dabba-Doo bazaar, Roca Flash, RocAdventure, Baby Rock Club, Bamm Bamm Club and Cool Club. Let yourself be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Melia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta